Nie

Old Aug 11th 2009, 2:37 pm
Forum Regular

missbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud of
Default Nie

Hi

We got our nie numbers back in 2007, mine in my maiden name. However lost them and cant the life of me think where they are.

Do i just go back to Malaga and register again or will they have dulpicates.

Thanks xx
Old Aug 11th 2009, 2:46 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nie

Originally Posted by missbad
Hi

We got our nie numbers back in 2007, mine in my maiden name. However lost them and cant the life of me think where they are.

Thanks xx
We lost our certificates and just went back to the Police station and got duplicates, no charge. It will help if you have the numbers, but I would caution against registering again if you can help it
Old Aug 11th 2009, 2:49 pm
Just Joined

johnnycakes is just really nicejohnnycakes is just really nicejohnnycakes is just really nicejohnnycakes is just really nicejohnnycakes is just really nicejohnnycakes is just really nicejohnnycakes is just really nicejohnnycakes is just really nicejohnnycakes is just really nicejohnnycakes is just really nicejohnnycakes is just really nice

Originally Posted by missbad
Hi

Thanks xx
If you had the nice plastic credit card-sized NIEs you'll be ecstatic (not really) to find out they no longer give those out and instead print off an A4 sheet of paper. This A4 sheet of paper is now your "NIE" even though it states clearly that "This document is not valid for proving the identity of the holder".

You should be able to go to wherever you got your NIE from and get a replacement filling in the right forms (I don't know which); they literally print off the sheet of paper there and then.

e;fb
Old Aug 11th 2009, 2:52 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by johnnycakes
If you had the nice plastic credit card-sized NIEs you'll be ecstatic (not really) to find out they no longer give those out and instead print off an A4 sheet of paper. This A4 sheet of paper is now your "NIE" even though it states clearly that "This document is not valid for proving the identity of the holder".

You should be able to go to wherever you got your NIE from and get a replacement filling in the right forms (I don't know which); they literally print off the sheet of paper there and then.

e;fb
The plastic cards were residenca cards not NIE's, the NIE's were A4 before, but yes you are right its a combined A4 certificate now for both
Old Aug 11th 2009, 2:54 pm
Just Joined

johnnycakes is just really nicejohnnycakes is just really nicejohnnycakes is just really nicejohnnycakes is just really nicejohnnycakes is just really nicejohnnycakes is just really nicejohnnycakes is just really nicejohnnycakes is just really nicejohnnycakes is just really nicejohnnycakes is just really nicejohnnycakes is just really nice

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
The plastic cards were residenca cards not NIE's, the NIE's were A4 before, but yes you are right its a combined A4 certificate now for both
Oh, I'd always assumed it was the NIE. The more you know.
Old Aug 11th 2009, 3:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

spainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond repute

So what if you are applying for an NIE but remaining non resident? ie needing NIE to purchase a property but not moving over full time.
Old Aug 11th 2009, 3:13 pm
Senior Moment

Originally Posted by spainrico
So what if you are applying for an NIE but remaining non resident? ie needing NIE to purchase a property but not moving over full time.
I guess you'll just get an NIE cert. We had an NIE and when we applied for the foreigners certificate (residencia as its generally called) it was combined with our NIE. If you aren't applying for the foreigners cert though, I guess you just get an NIE

Its a different application form anyway, EX14 & EX 16 I think
Old Aug 11th 2009, 3:13 pm
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

You just apply for the NIE, or get your lawyer to do it for you. You can either JUST get the NIE or get BOTH via the residencia.

What you can't have is a residencia without an NIE.
Old Aug 11th 2009, 3:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

spainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond repute

Yes there are 2 forms - Ex 14 and EX 16, NIE and Residencia. Just surprised they have combined it as the residencia is all part of an EU process whereas NIE is Spanish taxation.

I have been successfully using my Spanish driving licence as ID since my residence card was stolen. (Although I have got the cert.)
Old Aug 11th 2009, 3:39 pm
Senior Moment

Yes there are 2 forms - Ex 14 and EX 16, NIE and Residencia. Just surprised they have combined it as the residencia is all part of an EU process whereas NIE is Spanish taxation.

I have been successfully using my Spanish driving licence as ID since my residence card was stolen. (Although I have got the cert.)
Yes, as I mentioned elsewhere, on a daily basis I have never been asked for my passport as ID. In the tax office, yes, but not generally out and about.
Old Aug 11th 2009, 3:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Me neither and I have never carried it around in 10 yrs of living here - only if I am going to the notary or somewhere official.
Old Aug 11th 2009, 4:11 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Me neither and I have never carried it around in 10 yrs of living here - only if I am going to the notary or somewhere official.
As far as I know it is an offence not to carry it, the foreign office strongly advice anyone in a foreign country to carry it as it is the only legal ID Brits have.
Old Aug 11th 2009, 4:13 pm
Senior Moment

Originally Posted by jdr
As far as I know it is an offence not to carry it, the foreign office strongly advice anyone in a foreign country to carry it as it is the only legal ID Brits have.
We always carry them
Just never asked for them
Old Aug 11th 2009, 5:08 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
It is no longer an offence not to carry ID.

You are obliged to prove your identity if asked and having your passport or other ID will help but it is not compulsory.

You might have to wait in the cells for your OH to bring it though!
Old Aug 11th 2009, 5:09 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fred James
It is no longer an offence not to carry ID.

You are obliged to prove your identity if asked and having your passport or other ID will help but it is not compulsory.

You might have to wait in the cells for your OH to bring it though!
Lol.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.