Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Nice areas to live within 40 mins of Gibraltar

Nice areas to live within 40 mins of Gibraltar

Old Jan 16th 2012, 5:11 pm
Forum Regular

emjharts is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Nice areas to live within 40 mins of Gibraltar

My Husband is hopefully going to start a job in Gibraltar and we need to find a long term rental near to Gib.
We have been to the Costa del Sol many times but usually don't stay any further than Duquesa and apart from visiting a friend once in Alcaidesa we do not know much about the towns between Estepona and Gib.
Therefore, can anyone give me any place names of places we could look into living so I can do some research on them? We are looking for a town that has a bit of life to it, shops, bars and restaurants. It doesn't have to be right near the coast - one of our favourite places is Benahavis and so a place like that would be fine - just closer to Gib.
Also, does anyone know of decent long term rentals agencies in that area that I can look up and look into?
Any help would be great.
Thanks!
Old Jan 16th 2012, 5:28 pm
FreeThinker

jimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nice areas to live within 40 mins of Gibraltar

Not much wrong with Duquesa/Sabinillas/Manilva, also the environs of Sotogrande, Torreguadiaro, San Martin de Tesorillo, then there's Los Barrios, San Roque, Alcala de los Gazules (where Alcalaina lives) and then on down to Tarifa. But the jewel in the crown is Jimena de la Frontera.
Old Jan 16th 2012, 7:03 pm
Forum Regular

Tolly has a spectacular aura aboutTolly has a spectacular aura aboutTolly has a spectacular aura about

In my opinion Estepona is a nice little town, bit of life, shops and restaurants. Although i am not sure that i would want to do that distance to GIB every day
Old Jan 17th 2012, 10:13 am
BE Forum Addict

Rotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond repute

Tarifa for a laid back life style , but not every one can cope with the constant wind .
Also remember it can take over 40 mins to get across the border in a car!