Old Sep 25th 2013, 7:14 am
Just Joined

Pat1708 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Newbie

Hi all

I am a newbie member, I am seriously thinking about spending an extended period in the Malaga area.

I am kind of loose on plans just now and thought perhaps an experienced poster could share with me their experiences.

Happy to hear from anyone that has struck out on their own in the Spanish summer sun.....

Thanks
Old Sep 25th 2013, 7:49 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Newbie

As Concierge for the Spanish section of BE I would like to say hello and welcome.

BE is a very large expat website, so if you have problems finding your way around we have concierges who will try to direct you. The moderators for the Spanish forums are Mitzyboy and Fred James, moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderador who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge of the issues of living in Spain. At the top of the page you will find a quirkily named thread called Free Beer which is full of important and useful information. Hope you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Sep 26th 2013, 6:21 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Rosemary
As Concierge for the Spanish section of BE I would like to say hello and welcome.

BE is a very large expat website, so if you have problems finding your way around we have concierges who will try to direct you. The moderators for the Spanish forums are Mitzyboy and Fred James, moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderador who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge of the issues of living in Spain. At the top of the page you will find a quirkily named thread called Free Beer which is full of important and useful information. Hope you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Thanks Rosemary

I will be sure visit the free beer section and emerge myself until completely soaked

Regards

Pat
Old Sep 26th 2013, 10:44 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Dont know that area that well I'm afraid.
What do you mean by an extended period .... a few months ... 6 months, a year?
Old Sep 26th 2013, 10:54 pm
Just Joined

lilhol is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Newbie

I am sorry to butt in on ur post just wondering how I write one of my own and post it so peopke csn reply thanks u x
Old Sep 26th 2013, 11:06 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lilhol
I am sorry to butt in on ur post just wondering how I write one of my own and post it so peopke csn reply thanks u x
When you are at the top of the thread list you will see "new thread" at the top of it on the left hand side. Just click it and then type your post and submit
Old Sep 27th 2013, 12:19 am
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

What are you looking for? Malaga is great if you want to go clubbing till breakfast
Old Sep 28th 2013, 6:23 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Dont know that area that well I'm afraid.
What do you mean by an extended period .... a few months ... 6 months, a year?
It's going to be about six months, not working just chilaxing
Old Sep 28th 2013, 6:25 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by missile
What are you looking for? Malaga is great if you want to go clubbing till breakfast
I will be taking a long winter break, then working out what's next, clubbing perhaps but I am more a in bed by midnight kind of girl
Old Sep 28th 2013, 6:28 am
Just Joined

What I am really looking for is a strong but not stifling expat environment where I can meet mid life like minded souls

Is Malaga a good choice or are there better regions
Old Sep 28th 2013, 6:41 am
BE Forum Addict

pwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pat1708
I will be taking a long winter break, then working out what's next, clubbing perhaps but I am more a in bed by midnight kind of girl
lol the Spanish are only just going out then
Old Sep 29th 2013, 7:16 am
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pat1708
What I am really looking for is a strong but not stifling expat environment where I can meet mid life like minded souls

Is Malaga a good choice or are there better regions
There are many Brits living in Malaga year round. In the summer it seems there are many more Brits than locals. The Police struggle to keep the drunken Brits under control. Not so bad during winter.
Old Sep 29th 2013, 8:16 am
FreeThinker

jimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond repute

There are many Brits living in Malaga year round. In the summer it seems there are many more Brits than locals. The Police struggle to keep the drunken Brits under control. Not so bad during winter.
It's like that in Malaga city? That surprises me...
Old Oct 1st 2013, 5:15 am
Just Joined

So are there better alternatives than Malaga, I don't really mind where I go but I want to be safe, or at least feel safe, I want community but a grown up type community rather than watching children push the police to distraction

I wanted that I could stay in the UK
Old Oct 2nd 2013, 6:37 am
Just Joined

Really.....

550 views and no one can suggest a decent start point for a long winter break in Spain......

So come on girls and boys, where are the community hot spots, where should I avoid and finally where are you and what's your balanced point of view about where you winter break

Thanks

Pat

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.