Old Oct 1st 2007, 8:01 am
Just Joined

janis4006 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Newbie

Hello All
Just wanted to introduce myself before I start posting any questions. I'm Jan and hubby is Pete - we are moving to the Axarquia region within the next few months. Any of you nice people from that area?
Old Oct 1st 2007, 8:23 am
Happy in Torrox

Shep43 will become famous soon enoughShep43 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Newbie

Hi and welcome to BE, been living in Torrox in Axarquia for about 10 months, love it.
Old Oct 1st 2007, 8:27 am
BE Forum Addict

pwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond repute

Hi and welcome to BE, sorry I cannot help you with the area I am quite a way from you. Hope you enjoy the site, lots of helpful people here
Old Oct 1st 2007, 8:52 am
Just Joined

Thanks for the welcome guys - we will be living in Alfarnatejo. Does anyone know of an indoor pool in the Axarquia region?
Old Oct 1st 2007, 11:20 am
Happy in Torrox

Alfarnatejo is about 1 and a half hours from Torrox where there is a pool but the local council have over spent so there is no roof on it yet. My auntie is moving to Alfarnatejo in October because she has friends there. I believe it is one of the highest villages in the Axarquia.
Old Oct 1st 2007, 11:33 am
Just Joined

Is your aunt moving to Villa Alta?
Old Oct 1st 2007, 11:46 am
Happy in Torrox

Not sure where her friends, Len and Freda, live but my auntie is moving to a log cabin style home next to them.
Old Oct 1st 2007, 12:00 pm
Just Joined

Hi Shep
It sounds as though it could be Villa Alta. That's where we're moving to. We are moving into a park home on VA - which is a gated community. (I think that's the term they use anyway
Jan
Old Oct 1st 2007, 2:13 pm
Forum Regular

spanishfamily is on a distinguished road

Welcome!
We lived in La Cala de Moral for a while - it was lovely. I can't believe more people haven't discovered the Axarquia coast yet!
Old Oct 1st 2007, 2:30 pm
Just Joined

Thank you. Not sure where Cala de Moral is - where do you live now?
Old Oct 1st 2007, 6:16 pm
Forum Regular

sunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to all

Hi welcome to BE.
We are about 30 mins drive from where you will be. We have only been here 2 months so I don't know about indoor pools (still using the outdoor one).
When are you hoping to move?
Old Oct 1st 2007, 6:24 pm
Just Joined

Hi there Sunnydee
Nice to hear from you. We are hoping to be there before Christmas but if not, shortly after. Are you enjoying your new life? I can't wait!!
Jan
Old Oct 1st 2007, 6:31 pm
Forum Regular

sunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to all

Yes we are really enjoying it. We haven't had any problems yet but we did a lot of research before coming out so were prepared for queues at police stations, social security offices etc. And people on the forum have been really helpful with things we needed to know.
Our lives are so much more relaxed now.
Old Oct 1st 2007, 6:34 pm
Just Joined

Excellent, are you working at the moment?
Old Oct 1st 2007, 8:14 pm
Forum Regular

Yes I'm working but the OH is at home doing the housework for now until he learns a bit more Spanish. I don't need Spanish in my job but I can speak a bit anyway - I understand more.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.