Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

New Years Parties

New Years Parties

Old Nov 5th 2010, 9:37 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute
Default New Years Parties

Hi

I was wondering what stuff (if any) will be going on over New Years Eve...

We need to be planning ahead for the air tickets if there is likely to be a big crowd of fun people going to be there....

Last year the Golf Club hosted a great evening... ( I remember some of us closed it down and reakised that it was time to go when they started sweeping up to close!!

Now we have other options at CE.

Id also be interested in other events further afield on the sole requirement that there is definately a taxi back to CE late at night.

How many of you are planning to be there for NYE?

Thanks

Jon
Old Nov 5th 2010, 10:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: New Years Parties

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl
Hi

I was wondering what stuff (if any) will be going on over New Years Eve...

We need to be planning ahead for the air tickets if there is likely to be a big crowd of fun people going to be there....

Last year the Golf Club hosted a great evening... ( I remember some of us closed it down and reakised that it was time to go when they started sweeping up to close!!

Now we have other options at CE.

Id also be interested in other events further afield on the sole requirement that there is definately a taxi back to CE late at night.

How many of you are planning to be there for NYE?

Thanks

Jon
Or did you mean open on the first?
Old Nov 5th 2010, 11:06 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New Years Parties

Originally Posted by John & Kath
Or did you mean open on the first?
Sorry John, dont understand, if we come it will be before 31/12. I dont know, say 28/12 and stay a while into January.

So if there are parties planned to 'bring in the new year' - i.e on New Years Eve great. Even better if there are other events around New Years Eve - at the end of the year '10 and into the New Year '11 as well.

So any events that people know about would be gratefully received.

And nice to know what sort of numbers/who would be there too.

Thanks
Jon
Old Nov 5th 2010, 11:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry John, dont understand, if we come it will be before 31/12. I dont know, say 28/12 and stay a while into January.

So if there are parties planned to 'bring in the new year' - i.e on New Years Eve great. Even better if there are other events around New Years Eve - at the end of the year '10 and into the New Year '11 as well.

So any events that people know about would be gratefully received.

And nice to know what sort of numbers/who would be there too.

Thanks
Jon
I meant you only left last years party on the first if Jan when the cleaners came in.
Old Nov 12th 2010, 10:15 am
BE Positive

Just found out Jags is having both Xmas and New Years parties - with initial invitations offered to members, but public soon.

Anyone know if the golf club is having a NY party? - the last one was great! Last year I think they were advertising it by now....

Just thinking of early booking for the air tickets to get deals etc....

There doesnt seem to be a big crowd planning to be there this year... just gut feel...
Old Nov 12th 2010, 10:53 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of light

Just found out Jags is having both Xmas and New Years parties - with initial invitations offered to members, but public soon.

Anyone know if the golf club is having a NY party? - the last one was great! Last year I think they were advertising it by now....

Just thinking of early booking for the air tickets to get deals etc....

There doesnt seem to be a big crowd planning to be there this year... just gut feel...
Hi John, Haven't seen any posters advertising the 'do' at the club house yet but I do know that whatever is planned they are not going to do the huge meal that they did last year. This time they are only doing a buffet which (in my opinion & lots of others) will be better as last year we were still eating at 11.45. Also it will obviously be cheaper as well. I will let you know when I hear more unless of course someone else beats me to it. Bryony
Old Nov 12th 2010, 11:32 am
BE Positive

Originally Posted by MikeCol
Hi John, Haven't seen any posters advertising the 'do' at the club house yet but I do know that whatever is planned they are not going to do the huge meal that they did last year. This time they are only doing a buffet which (in my opinion & lots of others) will be better as last year we were still eating at 11.45. Also it will obviously be cheaper as well. I will let you know when I hear more unless of course someone else beats me to it. Bryony
Thanks Bryony as ever. Looking forward to the details also interesting if there is a price reduction - it will be interesting to see how the 2 places on CE compete for this the first year that they are both in biz. I suspect when you include drinks the club will be cheaper - so a lot will depend on the price difference and the events planned....

Thanks again - see you soon
Jon
Old Nov 17th 2010, 6:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks Bryony as ever. Looking forward to the details also interesting if there is a price reduction - it will be interesting to see how the 2 places on CE compete for this the first year that they are both in biz. I suspect when you include drinks the club will be cheaper - so a lot will depend on the price difference and the events planned....

Thanks again - see you soon
Jon
Hi John, re NY's Eve Bash, not just a buffet as first thought but a meal consisting of Buffet, fish course, main course and dessert as well as drinks. The price has been reduced though and members tickets will be 50/60Euro and non members will be 70Euro also there will be a British DJ from Villa Blanca. Regards Bryony
Old Nov 17th 2010, 7:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hi John, re NY's Eve Bash, not just a buffet as first thought but a meal consisting of Buffet, fish course, main course and dessert as well as drinks. The price has been reduced though and members tickets will be 50/60Euro and non members will be 70Euro also there will be a British DJ from Villa Blanca. Regards Bryony
This should give the full menu, splash out and treat her you know she is worth it!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
New Year.pdf (389.9 KB, 202 views)

Last edited by EsuriJohn; Nov 17th 2010 at 7:36 pm.
Old Nov 20th 2010, 5:50 am
BE Positive

Thanks Bryony - with drinks included - this looks good - everyone will eat and drink well..... and dance till the early hours of 2011!

Jon