Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

New user - some paintings to come back to England

New user - some paintings to come back to England

Old Nov 2nd 2009, 11:20 am
Just Joined

sue whitmore is an unknown quantity at this point
Default New user - some paintings to come back to England

Apols. if I'm using the post wrongly - or posting this all over again.

I'm keen to find someone driving a van back to England before January '10. Some pix left over from my exhibition in Benissa (near Villajoyosa) last March - I need them back in Blighty for February and will help with petrol.
Old Nov 2nd 2009, 12:19 pm
Forum Regular

SHERGAR has much to be proud ofSHERGAR has much to be proud ofSHERGAR has much to be proud ofSHERGAR has much to be proud ofSHERGAR has much to be proud ofSHERGAR has much to be proud ofSHERGAR has much to be proud ofSHERGAR has much to be proud ofSHERGAR has much to be proud ofSHERGAR has much to be proud ofSHERGAR has much to be proud of
Default Re: New user - some paintings to come back to England

How many pics and what size?

Might be able to help. I believe you need more posts before you can send/receive private messages.

Where in UK is the destination?
Old Nov 2nd 2009, 2:42 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

I'm returning from Gandia to the Midlands18th December but it just depends how many you need to come back
Old Nov 3rd 2009, 12:12 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
I'm returning from Gandia to the Midlands18th December but it just depends how many you need to come back
I'm waiting for details of number and sizes (a friend is storing them in Relleu). I think it's 6 - the biggest is about 4' and the rest are smaller. They have glass so my friend will have to pack them in some plywood - which he has in his garage. I've asked him to attach me a photo.
Old Nov 3rd 2009, 12:16 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by SHERGAR
How many pics and what size?

Might be able to help. I believe you need more posts before you can send/receive private messages.

Where in UK is the destination?
Pictures to come back to London. Number and sizes to be advised -a friend is storing them in Relleu. I've asked him to attach me a photo. Probably 6 - the biggest about 4' the rest smaller. They are glazed so will be packed in thin ply.
Old Nov 3rd 2009, 3:39 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sue whitmore
I'm waiting for details of number and sizes (a friend is storing them in Relleu). I think it's 6 - the biggest is about 4' and the rest are smaller. They have glass so my friend will have to pack them in some plywood - which he has in his garage. I've asked him to attach me a photo.
OK, unlikely I could help then if they are that sized and packed in plywood as well. Have a 4 x 4, and as you say you probably need a van.

There are several van companies in the free beer thread. they are van hire but at least one of them does general haulage ... and of course they will be insured
Old Nov 3rd 2009, 10:34 pm
Costa Blanca lover

BlueChip is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sue whitmore
Apols. if I'm using the post wrongly - or posting this all over again.

I'm keen to find someone driving a van back to England before January '10. Some pix left over from my exhibition in Benissa (near Villajoyosa) last March - I need them back in Blighty for February and will help with petrol.

Don't take this the wrong way and I am really not suggesting anything untoward about your post or your motives, but my first reaction on reading it was this would be a superb risk free way of smuggling illegal substances into the UK. Pack the contraband into some innocuous package and then get some unsuspecting good natured person to carry the goods for you into the UK, once safely in the UK pick them up.
Old Nov 4th 2009, 5:12 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BlueChip
Don't take this the wrong way and I am really not suggesting anything untoward about your post or your motives, but my first reaction on reading it was this would be a superb risk free way of smuggling illegal substances into the UK. Pack the contraband into some innocuous package and then get some unsuspecting good natured person to carry the goods for you into the UK, once safely in the UK pick them up.
First question they ask at the border is "did you pack this yourself".
Old Nov 4th 2009, 8:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
First question they ask at the border is "did you pack this yourself".
So what happens when you say no? Surely they don't let you off scot free if it turns out to be a questionable cargo?
Old Nov 4th 2009, 10:56 am
Senior Moment

Originally Posted by BlueChip
And thats the problem with nearly every new poster on this forum nowadays .... they are treated with absolute suspicion
Old Nov 4th 2009, 12:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute

And thats the problem with nearly every new poster on this forum nowadays .... they are treated with absolute suspicion
I don't think that's the case, but I think if someone I had never met before asked me to take some packages either way, it would be a firm "no"! The jails Thailand etc are full of people with similar stories. If you know the person, see the goods etc before packaging, that's an entirely different matter, but don't let our opinions put you off, you take them. Don't expect a food parcel!
Old Nov 4th 2009, 4:11 pm
Senior Moment

Originally Posted by agoreira
I don't think that's the case, but I think if someone I had never met before asked me to take some packages either way, it would be a firm "no"! The jails Thailand etc are full of people with similar stories. If you know the person, see the goods etc before packaging, that's an entirely different matter, but don't let our opinions put you off, you take them. Don't expect a food parcel!
You obviously missed the point I was making ..... never mind

And as for carrying them I declined ... but had I not declined, I would have known what I was carrying.

Last edited by Mitzyboy; Nov 4th 2009 at 4:13 pm.
Old Nov 4th 2009, 7:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

jo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to behold

I think I have actually met this person, I think she used to go to the same language school in Conil and if so then she is a completely genuine artist.
Old Nov 4th 2009, 10:30 pm
Senior Moment

Originally Posted by jo-ann
I think I have actually met this person, I think she used to go to the same language school in Conil and if so then she is a completely genuine artist.
http://www.suewhitmore.co.uk/about.html
Old Nov 5th 2009, 5:42 am
BE Enthusiast

jo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to behold

Thanks Mitzy but it is a different Sue to the one that I met a couple of years ago

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.