Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

New Sky Cards - confirmation

New Sky Cards - confirmation

Old Apr 1st 2009, 6:49 am
Was called something else

The Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond repute
Default New Sky Cards - confirmation

Sky has offically confirmed today that they will be issueing new sky viewing cards.

they have updated the messages on the sky information channels (999 and press red), and state that new viewing card will be issued during April.

If you have a sky subscription, then the new viewing card will be sent to the UK address (or your installers / agents uk address).

If you bought a new FSFS card in the last 3 years then these should also be replaced.

it is expected that ex subscription cards and fsfs cards bought over 3 years ago will not be replaced.

it is expected that all exisiting "blue house" cards will be swicthed off by May.

More information on Sky channel 999 and press red or http://www.skyviewinghelp.com/

Last edited by The Guy; Apr 1st 2009 at 6:51 am.
Old Apr 1st 2009, 7:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: New Sky Cards - confirmation

Originally Posted by Satandpcguy
Sky has offically confirmed today that they will be issueing new sky viewing cards.

they have updated the messages on the sky information channels (999 and press red), and state that new viewing card will be issued during April.

If you have a sky subscription, then the new viewing card will be sent to the UK address (or your installers / agents uk address).

If you bought a new FSFS card in the last 3 years then these should also be replaced.

it is expected that ex subscription cards and fsfs cards bought over 3 years ago will not be replaced.

it is expected that all exisiting "blue house" cards will be swicthed off by May.

More information on Sky channel 999 and press red or http://www.skyviewinghelp.com/
Great news means I will be able to take my new card out in May. What colour will they be?
Old Apr 1st 2009, 10:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Beachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: New Sky Cards - confirmation

What happens when BSkyB realises that hundreds of cards are going out to the same address or to North Sea oil rigs?

A bit academic really because the chances of them getting to the people who have paid over the odds for them to unscrupulous third party providers are somewhat remote.
Old Apr 1st 2009, 11:04 am

The Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by John & Kath
Great news means I will be able to take my new card out in May. What colour will they be?
they are white
with the new "glass tube" sky logo on.
What happens when BSkyB realises that hundreds of cards are going out to the same address or to North Sea oil rigs?
yep..will be interesting...thats the reason why it is not a good idea to use an agent for your card, but to get the cards at a uk address you "control".
Old Apr 1st 2009, 4:41 pm
Banned

jurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of light

there be a £10 Administration cost on cards for the uk and 20 for Eu address ..... this will be add two you bill in May
Old Apr 1st 2009, 4:47 pm
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jurdyr
there be a £10 Administration cost on cards for the uk and 20 for Eu address ..... this will be add two you bill in May
Are you saying that if you are 'illegally' watching SKY in, say, Spain, then this will be overlooked and you will be charged £20?
Old Apr 1st 2009, 4:51 pm
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

And the answer from SKY is;

Will I be charged for my new viewing card?
If you are an active pay TV subscriber, your card will be replaced free of charge. If a further replacement card is required after the changeover process is complete, a charge may apply.
Old Apr 1st 2009, 5:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Beachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to behold

So to whom is this £10 or £20 payable. Sounds like a rip-off. All it's going to cost me is the price of a stamp for my parents-in-law to send the card to me when it arrives at my UK address.

Last edited by Beachcomber; Apr 1st 2009 at 5:06 pm.
Old Apr 1st 2009, 5:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

frigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud of

Sorry. Can you clarify. For Spanish use, I bought my card off ebay in the UK 6 years ago. I presume this means i have to buy another one? I also assume i can't have two sent to my UK address from sky?

In both UK and Spain i just get the free stuff and don't subscribe to any channels.

Thanks for any help as i leave spain next week, don't return 'til mid june and have guests in the apartment until then. I assume there is a damn good chance they'll be peering at a blue screen saying 'no card'

Better warn 'em i guess - or send 'em a new card before they leave

Help!
Old Apr 1st 2009, 5:26 pm

Originally Posted by frigilianafreddy
Sorry. Can you clarify. For Spanish use, I bought my card off ebay in the UK 6 years ago. I presume this means i have to buy another one?
yes. but avoid buying from ebay.
I also assume i can't have two sent to my UK address from sky?!
yes. you can have about 3 or 4 FSFS cards at a single UK address.
In both UK and Spain i just get the free stuff and don't subscribe to any channels.?!
bbc itv c4 and five are all available for free and no card or subscription.
but you do need a sky card for the sky five, fiver, five us, sky3, and the strong itvs and c4's.
I assume there is a damn good chance they'll be peering at a blue screen saying 'no card'
no, you will still be able to view all the free to air tv channels - bbc, itv, sky news, true movies and about 150 other channels you do not need a card for as they are free to air.

i too am not too sure about the charge for cards...as far as i am aware the cards are issued by sky / nds and will be providede to customers for free, as part of their service - as per their T&C's....but then you never know...
Old Apr 1st 2009, 5:31 pm
Banned

jurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of light

Aprils fools .......
Old Apr 1st 2009, 6:18 pm
Forum Regular

jimmbo is just really nicejimmbo is just really nicejimmbo is just really nicejimmbo is just really nicejimmbo is just really nicejimmbo is just really nicejimmbo is just really nicejimmbo is just really nicejimmbo is just really nice

Aprils fools .......
Nice one
Old Apr 2nd 2009, 5:52 am
Retired and loving it!

Aprils fools .......
But ... Isn't the joke on you as you posted AFTER 12:00?

One of the subtleties of April Fools day!
Old Apr 2nd 2009, 1:29 pm
Banned

is my time Zone
Old Apr 2nd 2009, 3:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

It's certainly no joke for the thousands of people paying over the odds to third party providers who will never receive their replacement cards.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.