Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

NEW HERE IN JEREZ SPAIN

NEW HERE IN JEREZ SPAIN

Old Jun 8th 2011, 9:27 am
Just Joined

susanpaulw is an unknown quantity at this point
Default NEW HERE IN JEREZ SPAIN

just wondered if there are any UK or USA members living here in jerez, we have just moved here, feel abit lost at the moment as we dont speak spanish but we of course will change that.
Old Jun 8th 2011, 9:37 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NEW HERE IN JEREZ SPAIN

As Concierges for the Spanish section of BE we would like to say hello and welcome.

BE is a very large expat website, so if you have problems finding your way around we have concierges who will try to direct you. The moderators for the Spanish forums are Mitzyboy and Fred James, moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderador who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge of the issues of living in Spain. At the top of the page you will find a quirkily named thread called Free Beer which is full of important and useful information. Hope you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let us know if you need any further help.

Rosemary and Graham
Old Jun 9th 2011, 3:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Veleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by susanpaulw
just wondered if there are any UK or USA members living here in jerez, we have just moved here, feel abit lost at the moment as we dont speak spanish but we of course will change that.
I live in Jerez. I'm not aware of any other members living in this city though.

There aren't many foreigners living in Jerez but if you are keen to meet some there is an intercambio group on Thursdays. Trouble is you will need to be able to converse in Spanish for one hour:-S Good practice though!
Old Jun 10th 2011, 6:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: NEW HERE IN JEREZ SPAIN

Originally Posted by Veleta
I live in Jerez. I'm not aware of any other members living in this city though.

There aren't many foreigners living in Jerez but if you are keen to meet some there is an intercambio group on Thursdays. Trouble is you will need to be able to converse in Spanish for one hour:-S Good practice though!
Some years ago BA moved all their advanced training to Jerez airport, there was an English Football Acadamy and English families have been involved with the Sherry and Brandy trade for generations so there must be a few about
Old Jun 10th 2011, 7:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Veleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by John & Kath
Some years ago BA moved all their advanced training to Jerez airport, there was an English Football Acadamy and English families have been involved with the Sherry and Brandy trade for generations so there must be a few about
You mean Flight Training Europe probably. Yes, they train pilots (all nationalities). But of course they don't live here....they do the course and then move on. There is a handful of staff, but I really do mean handful.

English Football Academay....I guess that must be the Glen Hoddle one? Football not really my speciality! Might be good for getting to know young lads!!!

As for the sherry industry, the British moved out of that decades/centuries ago. They left they names on many of the bodegas, but little more remains. All dead and gone.

The biggest collection of foreigners in Jerez (including a few Brits) is the Thursday night intercambio. It will be closing for summer at the end of June though so you would need to put your skates on.