Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

New Bar/Restaurant Opening On Esuri

New Bar/Restaurant Opening On Esuri

Old Jan 25th 2010, 8:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Sharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: New Bar/Restaurant Opening On Esuri

Well by the sound of it this is what the Esurians needed to kickstart the year. Lets hope the guy gets all the encouragement and support he needs to make this venture viable as he himself is investing a great deal of time and money. This could make such a difference to Esuri, good luck.
Old Jan 27th 2010, 4:28 pm
Just Joined

Barb-CPT is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello everyone!

Although we've been "visiting" the Forum almost since it first started, we've never actually become members. Thought it was about time we did!

We were thrilled to hear that Jag and his partner have taken over the former villa clubhouse and we're sure they'll be a great success. We will certainly be regular visitors whenever we're there! Jag, if you're reading this, Paul and I wish you the very best of luck with your new venture (and although Andy is now in Hong Kong, he sends his best wishes to you too).

We have a place on Marina Esuri and were over there for the first week of January. Had a GREAT time, as usual, and made some lovely new friends. Can't wait to get back!!

Best wishes,

Barb
Old Jan 27th 2010, 8:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of light

Barb, may I be the first to welcome you to the forum.
Old Jan 28th 2010, 4:46 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Barb-CPT
Hello everyone!

Although we've been "visiting" the Forum almost since it first started, we've never actually become members. Thought it was about time we did!

We were thrilled to hear that Jag and his partner have taken over the former villa clubhouse and we're sure they'll be a great success. We will certainly be regular visitors whenever we're there! Jag, if you're reading this, Paul and I wish you the very best of luck with your new venture (and although Andy is now in Hong Kong, he sends his best wishes to you too).

We have a place on Marina Esuri and were over there for the first week of January. Had a GREAT time, as usual, and made some lovely new friends. Can't wait to get back!!

Best wishes,

Barb
Hi Barb - Great to meet you, Paul and Andy - we had a great time and thanks also for inviting us over to yours.

Once you've made 3 posts you can send receive private messages, and emails and I'll send you the photos! Or we can text our email addresses as we have the phone numbers

You won a prize in the golf club raffle, that we picked up for you and will hand over when we are next there together. Or I can figure out a way to get it to you, if we are not there. Good omen for you all, we hope for 2010!

Well I hope its not an omen actually as we won nothing!

Looking forward to our next drink either at ours; the Golf club, on the terrace of the shop or at Jags new place.... the choices are improving!! Like Ive said several times before - we love it in CE and it can only improve and its these kinds of new investments that will add all sorts of value - and FUN - to our development.

All the best to you three - good luck to Andy in HK - and welcome to the forum

Jon

Last edited by Jon-Bxl; Jan 28th 2010 at 4:49 am.
Old Jan 29th 2010, 3:06 pm
Just Joined

Barb-CPT is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: New Bar/Restaurant Opening On Esuri

Thanks, Sharon! Hope to become a regular contributor in the future.

And thanks, Jon. Once I get three entries, I'll be in touch as you suggested.

Will either of you be around during the first week of May when we're out again? Would be great to meet up and, of course, with any other fellow Esurians who might be there at the same time!

Regards

Barb
Old Jan 31st 2010, 5:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sharon B
Well by the sound of it this is what the Esurians needed to kickstart the year. Lets hope the guy gets all the encouragement and support he needs to make this venture viable as he himself is investing a great deal of time and money. This could make such a difference to Esuri, good luck.
Jag and Gavin are holding a roll up open day next Saturday Feb 6th between 1.0pm and 5.0pm at the club
We think this could just be the first chink of light for Costa Esuri after the debacle of the MF liquidation stopped the hotel and commercial center dead and left no alternative to the Golf Clubhouse for a drink or snack. We are promised that closing time will be later than 9.30pm on weekdays and that football matches will show both halves and extra time before the plug is pulled.
The re-opened shop on Lomas is good and certainly the cheapest beer in Ayamonte with a view to die for from the terrace on a warm day but it is a bit bleak at this time of year.
Hope to see all our friends next Saturday and we can find out if this new promise is as good as it seems. The really good news is the restaurant/club at Costa Esuri is on track to open for Easter and there may be more exciting things to come in addition to the Sports Bar, Terrace Breakfast/Snack Bar, Restaurant and swimming pool.
Regards,
John.
Old Feb 1st 2010, 6:12 pm
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by John & Kath
Jag and Gavin are holding a roll up open day next Saturday Feb 6th between 1.0pm and 5.0pm at the club
We think this could just be the first chink of light for Costa Esuri after the debacle of the MF liquidation stopped the hotel and commercial center dead and left no alternative to the Golf Clubhouse for a drink or snack. We are promised that closing time will be later than 9.30pm on weekdays and that football matches will show both halves and extra time before the plug is pulled.
The re-opened shop on Lomas is good and certainly the cheapest beer in Ayamonte with a view to die for from the terrace on a warm day but it is a bit bleak at this time of year.
Hope to see all our friends next Saturday and we can find out if this new promise is as good as it seems. The really good news is the restaurant/club at Costa Esuri is on track to open for Easter and there may be more exciting things to come in addition to the Sports Bar, Terrace Breakfast/Snack Bar, Restaurant and swimming pool.
Regards,
John.
Totally agree, John

Glad you will be at the open day - and if so please can you feedback on the facilities, ideas etc. Id love to see it from the inside.... so please let us know what you think.... and what are you implying about 'more exciting things' - do you know something that we dont??... all this is fantastic news for 2010 - seeing classy improvements to CE is what we all need.

Thanks
Jon

Last edited by Jon-Bxl; Feb 1st 2010 at 6:14 pm.
Old Feb 1st 2010, 7:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

AndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really nice

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl
Totally agree, John

Glad you will be at the open day - and if so please can you feedback on the facilities, ideas etc. Id love to see it from the inside.... so please let us know what you think.... and what are you implying about 'more exciting things' - do you know something that we dont??... all this is fantastic news for 2010 - seeing classy improvements to CE is what we all need.

Thanks
Jon
The "more exciting things" that John is keeping back is that he recently won the Euro lottery and is going to finish the hotel and open up the Commercial Centre. He is then going to run for Mayor of Ayamonte and sort out MF once and for all. I've got that right haven't I John? Come to think of it I reckon he'd make a brilliant Mayor.
Old Feb 2nd 2010, 10:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by AndyS
The "more exciting things" that John is keeping back is that he recently won the Euro lottery and is going to finish the hotel and open up the Commercial Centre. He is then going to run for Mayor of Ayamonte and sort out MF once and for all. I've got that right haven't I John? Come to think of it I reckon he'd make a brilliant Mayor.
Yes, I would vote for that. John for mayor, he would soon get things moving. How about it John? Ever thought of taking up political office when in Ayamonte?
Old Feb 2nd 2010, 10:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Barb-CPT
Thanks, Sharon! Hope to become a regular contributor in the future.

And thanks, Jon. Once I get three entries, I'll be in touch as you suggested.

Will either of you be around during the first week of May when we're out again? Would be great to meet up and, of course, with any other fellow Esurians who might be there at the same time!

Regards

Barb
Unfortunately, I am in the UK for most of May catching up with family. Hopefully meet up the next time you are in the area. But from what I hear there will be many out in Esuri by May so I am sure you will be very busy.

Have a good time!!
Old Feb 2nd 2010, 5:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl
Totally agree, John

Thanks
Jon
Yes!
Old Feb 2nd 2010, 5:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by AndyS
No James is going to do all that if I win Euro!
Old Feb 2nd 2010, 5:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Regards,
John.
Timings slightly off OPEN DAY IS 2PM TO 5PM please note those of you coming do not rush the gate at 1pm.
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 11:50 am
Forum Regular

Reptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really nice

Jag,

Good luck with this - I am sure it will feature strongly in the future.

All

Given its location, I believe that this is in fact where the clubhouse was supposed to go in the original designs of the site...and unofficial clubhouse it may well one day become: nothing better than sitting on the terrace of the 19th and watching those "clutch puts" on the 18th Green!

The golf clubhouse may well have to set up a buggy return service to get them from Jags back yard back to the clubhouse basement!

We may finally be getting closer to completing. You never know!
Old Feb 4th 2010, 5:35 am
BE Positive

Timings slightly off OPEN DAY IS 2PM TO 5PM please note those of you coming do not rush the gate at 1pm.
Note: I have no commercial connection here: Though I am seriously considering a membership for us.

I received an invitation for the open day - sadly I cant make it as I would love to see the inside.

However he says this regarding the opening times:

We are holding the first of our open days this Saturday 6th February between 1pm and 5pm at the new restaurant on Costa Esuri.

If you are on Esuri this weekend feel free to call in and have a look at the facilities, we will be on hand to answer any of your questions.

In response to a number of queries please find attached a document explaining 'how your membership works' (in PDF and GIF format).

Note the new resto/bar complex can be found in the villa complex right next to the driving range:

Come into Esuri, from the motorway, turn right at the 1st roundabout (with the fountain, next to the golf car park and commercial centre) then at the next roundabout turn left. Go down a couple of hundred yards - its on the left

Looking forward to hearing the feedback about the place and the open day. Will someone please post.

Regards
Jon

PS Ive included the attachment Jag refers to + a photo of the building
Attached Thumbnails New Bar/Restaurant Opening On Esuri-dscf3252.jpg  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
ATT00049.pdf (30.6 KB, 252 views)

Last edited by Jon-Bxl; Feb 4th 2010 at 5:38 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.