Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

new airline luggage scam

new airline luggage scam

Old Mar 4th 2006, 11:11 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: new airline luggage scam

Originally Posted by Douglas jack
Hi,sorry that you have to fly to malaga, and sorry you live in Almeria ,not everybody is as lucky as poollounger,not happy with Ryanair ,GREAT SERVICE,to Jerez, last time I travelled to Malaga with easyjet return flight cancelled,stranded in cespit Malaga,crime,crime,and,Mas,crime,sorry you live where you do, but people travelling to the Costa de la lux need Jerez,wonder why other airlines dont compete there,the other airlines only seem to cater for the built up areas where some brits only want to travel to,scared of the frontiers,scared of a new life scared ,LITTLE ENGLANDERS,cant< see beyond there own borders and everybody has to act like them NO THANK YOU ,Typical you want to sit where you want to sit ,pathetic ,of course the staff WHERE wrong ,GROW up its all about safety SAD BOY.Property diving in value I suspect.
Who rattled your cage????
As I've said somewhere else on this thread I think, if the cheap airlines werent there then a lot of us wouldn't have the ability to do what we're doing. Lets not go back to the days when it cost hundreds of pounds to fly to Europe, and if Ryanair or whoever feel they have to charge a couple of quid to put a bag in the hold then in my mind its a whole lot better then those old days!
Old Mar 4th 2006, 11:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

un-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Who rattled your cage????
As I've said somewhere else on this thread I think, if the cheap airlines werent there then a lot of us wouldn't have the ability to do what we're doing. Lets not go back to the days when it cost hundreds of pounds to fly to Europe, and if Ryanair or whoever feel they have to charge a couple of quid to put a bag in the hold then in my mind its a whole lot better then those old days!
Indeed, each to their own and live and let live, etc.

Personally I'd prefer a pilot to take note of ATC and reroute if that's what they advise, and not be so bloody screwed down by company policy that they'd take a risk in order to save the company money, but hey, call me old fashioned.

No-one is suggesting it's obligatory to fly RyanAir nor obligatory to avoid them. Each to their own.

Why do unhappy cockpit and cabin staff crews fly for them? Easily answered, since 9/11 life has become a bit tougher for them all (shame!), and if you're prepared to accept the bullying concept of the airline, it's a job.

Cheap airlines are great - I use them all the time, but to be honest, we need to realise how much damage they are doing to the environment. At least most cheap airlines are recognising that, not RyanAir, obviously. O'Leary's attitude is "xxck 'em".

And no, I'm not a veggie, but what is wrong with being one? What a very confusing comment!
Old Mar 4th 2006, 11:41 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by un-mundo
Indeed, each to their own and live and let live, etc.

Personally I'd prefer a pilot to take note of ATC and reroute if that's what they advise, and not be so bloody screwed down by company policy that they'd take a risk in order to save the company money, but hey, call me old fashioned.

No-one is suggesting it's obligatory to fly RyanAir nor obligatory to avoid them. Each to their own.

Why do unhappy cockpit and cabin staff crews fly for them? Easily answered, since 9/11 life has become a bit tougher for them all (shame!), and if you're prepared to accept the bullying concept of the airline, it's a job.

Cheap airlines are great - I use them all the time, but to be honest, we need to realise how much damage they are doing to the environment. At least most cheap airlines are recognising that, not RyanAir, obviously. O'Leary's attitude is "xxck 'em".

And no, I'm not a veggie, but what is wrong with being one? What a very confusing comment!
Well whats wrong is that you can't eat meat .... no thats a joke honest

Getting on to the environments a whole new thing. I have to admit I probably felt guilty once, but I've fallen foul of the "what difference is me not flying going to make", and I know its wrong. The planes going to go anyway if I'm on it or not.
Thats bad isn't it ..... sorry!
Old Mar 4th 2006, 11:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

un-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Well whats wrong is that you can't eat meat .... no thats a joke honest

Getting on to the environments a whole new thing. I have to admit I probably felt guilty once, but I've fallen foul of the "what difference is me not flying going to make", and I know its wrong. The planes going to go anyway if I'm on it or not.
Thats bad isn't it ..... sorry!
I fly cheaply to Alicante (via either EasyJet, Monarch, Iberia or BA, depending on who is offering the best deal at the time of booking), so I'm not a paragon of virtue, Mitz. But there will come a frosty Friday when this will stop. Probably not for about ten years, but it'll happen.

Given the utter insanity that has taken place during the past five years, frankly who knows what's down the line?
Old Mar 5th 2006, 11:12 am
Rizlared

kevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Mercedes
If you want to compare some of the airline prices to Spain or others for that matter. I often use www.skyscanner.net. Shows who is the cheapest price of certain airlines and the days that are best...
Very useful site, many thanks
Regards
Kevray
Old Mar 5th 2006, 11:56 am
!hola!

tednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant future

Article in Mail on Sunday travel section today about these new "luggage rules". Worth a read.

Sharon
Old Mar 5th 2006, 3:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

pwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond repute

How funny that one or two of you think I live in little England ho ho ho, I live in a Spanish village with Spanish neighbours, have to speak Spanish to the best of my ability, we have maybe, 24 other Brits dotted around.
I do not live in Almeria, It is where I fly to, I live in Granada Province so have the choice of Granada, Malaga or Almeria airports.
Almeria Airport is in the next province for those of you who very obviously do not know the geography of Spain, Malaga is 3 hours run and Almeria just over an hour. Also why say Almeria was built by left over tarmac? I do not understand why you think it is a dump, very pretty, clean and well run airport.
Re when has Ryanair been dearer? well everytime I have checked from Almeria, and any old how, they only go to the pits of Essex, ie Stanstead.
I am extremely good at finding the cheapest deal for those around here, kinda run a booking service for those that do not have computers so I do know who is the cheapest, for those that wish to fly Ryanair fine, I choose not to.
As another post says, you choose to fly with whoever you prefer. But my last trip was with Monarch, and yes I went from Malaga, as the same company and almost same time went from Almeria at nearly four times the price so I got the bus to Malaga at the great price of 12 Euros.

pwwm
Old Mar 5th 2006, 3:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

pwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond repute

Kevray

Re prvious post, no offence taken

pwwm :
Old Mar 5th 2006, 5:16 pm
Forum Regular

Mourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really nice

Originally Posted by pwwm
How funny that one or two of you think I live in little England ho ho ho, I live in a Spanish village with Spanish neighbours, have to speak Spanish to the best of my ability, we have maybe, 24 other Brits dotted around.
I do not live in Almeria, It is where I fly to, I live in Granada Province so have the choice of Granada, Malaga or Almeria airports.
Almeria Airport is in the next province for those of you who very obviously do not know the geography of Spain, Malaga is 3 hours run and Almeria just over an hour. Also why say Almeria was built by left over tarmac? I do not understand why you think it is a dump, very pretty, clean and well run airport.
Re when has Ryanair been dearer? well everytime I have checked from Almeria, and any old how, they only go to the pits of Essex, ie Stanstead.
I am extremely good at finding the cheapest deal for those around here, kinda run a booking service for those that do not have computers so I do know who is the cheapest, for those that wish to fly Ryanair fine, I choose not to.
As another post says, you choose to fly with whoever you prefer. But my last trip was with Monarch, and yes I went from Malaga, as the same company and almost same time went from Almeria at nearly four times the price so I got the bus to Malaga at the great price of 12 Euros.

pwwm
the reference to the dodgy tarmac was because you stated you have a bumpy landing every time !
Old Mar 5th 2006, 5:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Oh I see :scared:
But that was not here in Spain, Bournemouth, Stanstead and Frankfurt (Hahn).
Having said that, am off to UK Tuesday and now most likel;y have a grotty trip and have to eat my words
Old Mar 5th 2006, 6:20 pm
Rizlared

kevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to all

Originally Posted by pwwm
Oh I see :scared:
But that was not here in Spain, Bournemouth, Stanstead and Frankfurt (Hahn).
Having said that, am off to UK Tuesday and now most likel;y have a grotty trip and have to eat my words
Probably better than airline food
Old Mar 6th 2006, 12:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kevray
Probably better than airline food
Undeniably!

"I have to admit I probably felt guilty once, but I've fallen foul of the "what difference is me not flying going to make", and I know its wrong. The planes going to go anyway if I'm on it or not.

Well, mitzy, that's a nonsense, of course if there are no or few bookings the airlines will stop running the routes (eek!) . Sooner or later, probably later, prices will go up, inevitably. Fuel prices will rise and the environmental lobby will become more and more powerful - rightly, really, although it will mess up my to-ing and fro-ing from Spain.

I've never flown RyanAir to Spain but having read that pilots over-rule ATC in order to save the company money (what other reason?) in order to land in Dublin, I will
i definitely
never fly with them again. There are some people - Murdoch with Sky and O'Leary with RyanAir - that I will never (again) give my money to, first hand.

His treatment of wheelchair passengers is just indicative of his really spiteful attitude. He's a nasty captain of industry, that's for sure.

Oh, just to add, quite often Monarch, BA, EasyJet and Iberia offer cheaper flights. It's just a case of when you book and how much you search online.
Old Mar 6th 2006, 3:35 am
Forum Regular

meseta has a spectacular aura aboutmeseta has a spectacular aura aboutmeseta has a spectacular aura about

".............but having read that pilots over-rule ATC in order to save the company money (what other reason?) ....."

Out of interest, where did that information come from ?
Old Mar 6th 2006, 5:33 am
Forum Regular

Mourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really nice

Originally Posted by un-mundo
Undeniably!

"I have to admit I probably felt guilty once, but I've fallen foul of the "what difference is me not flying going to make", and I know its wrong. The planes going to go anyway if I'm on it or not.

Well, mitzy, that's a nonsense, of course if there are no or few bookings the airlines will stop running the routes (eek!) . Sooner or later, probably later, prices will go up, inevitably. Fuel prices will rise and the environmental lobby will become more and more powerful - rightly, really, although it will mess up my to-ing and fro-ing from Spain.

I've never flown RyanAir to Spain but having read that pilots over-rule ATC in order to save the company money (what other reason?) in order to land in Dublin, I will
i definitely
never fly with them again. There are some people - Murdoch with Sky and O'Leary with RyanAir - that I will never (again) give my money to, first hand.

His treatment of wheelchair passengers is just indicative of his really spiteful attitude. He's a nasty captain of industry, that's for sure.

Oh, just to add, quite often Monarch, BA, EasyJet and Iberia offer cheaper flights. It's just a case of when you book and how much you search online.

I'm sorry but you talk some cr*p , no idea of the facts , never flown with company , i would go on but can't be bothered to waste my time ,
Old Mar 6th 2006, 8:17 am
Not Junior but not Senior

poollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by josephina
Hello
carefull what you say about the underground.......i am a train driver.....although i will admit its a rip off
Yikes.. let me know when you are driving..I am not getting on any train driven by a woman..nervous enough when the BA flight I took recently was piloted by a female !!
Just kidding... I reckon any woman in those professions had to work so hard to get there she is bound to be better than the men. One of the best sailing instructors I had was also a woman.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.