Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

new airline luggage scam

new airline luggage scam

Old Mar 3rd 2006, 4:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: new airline luggage scam

Originally Posted by Douglas jack
Hi,Glynis to get to Cadiz from Malaga by train, you have to go into the main railway station in Malaga,beside the bus station ,one euro onthe bus every 20 mins,get a ticket for Seville and change at Dos Hermandes for Cadiz ,takes about 4 hours ,train leaves at 2pm,better to get the bus from Malaga bus station ,16 euros goes round the coast,lovelly scenery takes 3 hours with a stop at algciers leaves Malage midday 12.
Thanks everyone but I think I'll stick to the car!!!!!
Old Mar 3rd 2006, 8:01 pm
Forum Regular

sonnyc has a brilliant futuresonnyc has a brilliant futuresonnyc has a brilliant futuresonnyc has a brilliant futuresonnyc has a brilliant futuresonnyc has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Harley69
I definitely wouldn't call it a scam... Other airlines have increased their fuel charges to £20 -30 per person, so that makes Ryanair's baggage charges relatively cheap.
Whichever way you look at Ryanair's new terms, it is still an indirect fare increase, they say 9% off the average price, but do they have an average price? What is 9% off a free flight - does it mean they are going to pay us???? Hope so Got to admit still a very cheap airline and I for one can't complain at what I have paid for their flights up to now.
Old Mar 3rd 2006, 8:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

un-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud of

Whether RyanAir are scamming people is open to debate, but personally I'd rather stick needles in my eyes than travel with that airline. Their crews, both cabin and cockpit, are treated abominably - see the following links

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/essex/3988409.stm

http://www.flightmapping.com/news/newsletters/October%202004/Michael%20O'Leary.asp

Michael O'Leary seems to me to be a thoroughly unpleasant piece of work, quite honestly, and I'm truly grateful that I can fly to Alicante using EasyJet, BA or Iberia.

My father used to be an airline pilot and my brother still is - neither with RyanAir, thank God - and the airline has a terrible reputation within the industry for the way it treats both their staff and their passengers. And anyway, who wants to be told that your flight is going to x destination, when in fact it's landing at some tiny airstrip hundreds of miles away?
Old Mar 4th 2006, 2:50 pm
Forum Regular

Mourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really nice

Originally Posted by un-mundo
Whether RyanAir are scamming people is open to debate, but personally I'd rather stick needles in my eyes than travel with that airline. Their crews, both cabin and cockpit, are treated abominably - see the following links

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/essex/3988409.stm

http://www.flightmapping.com/news/newsletters/October%202004/Michael%20O'Leary.asp

Michael O'Leary seems to me to be a thoroughly unpleasant piece of work, quite honestly, and I'm truly grateful that I can fly to Alicante using EasyJet, BA or Iberia.

My father used to be an airline pilot and my brother still is - neither with RyanAir, thank God - and the airline has a terrible reputation within the industry for the way it treats both their staff and their passengers. And anyway, who wants to be told that your flight is going to x destination, when in fact it's landing at some tiny airstrip hundreds of miles away?
Are you vegetarian ? just glad you are able to pay the higher prices ! they could keep the pilots in cages for all i care, as long as i can fly for £25 return all in . as far as i know they don't hold a gun to the staff's head each morning , where do they get all their staff if its that bad ? have you ever travelled Ryanair or just forming your views on gossip ?
Old Mar 4th 2006, 4:57 pm
Just Joined

josephina is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Mourinho
Are you vegetarian ? just glad you are able to pay the higher prices ! they could keep the pilots in cages for all i care, as long as i can fly for £25 return all in . as far as i know they don't hold a gun to the staff's head each morning , where do they get all their staff if its that bad ? have you ever travelled Ryanair or just forming your views on gossip ?
Hi
I dont understand the vegetarian reference
J
Old Mar 4th 2006, 6:25 pm
Rizlared

kevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Mourinho
Have to agree, after all, if it wasn't for companies such as ryanair there wouldn't be cheap flights, it takes a bolshie bast**d to take on the likes of BA, as the links said, BA were the company who should have provided chairs for the disabled and I'm sorry but if you can get a flight for £25 return to Malaga and its late or cancelled to the next day or your late to check-in and they won't let you board, TOUGH, get a £300 ticket with BA and complain to your hearts content you've paid for it!!! Good luck to all the cheap flight companies,
Kevray
Old Mar 4th 2006, 6:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

pwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond repute

Not everyone travels to Malaga, we travel into Almeria and I would ,like a previous post has said never again use Ryanair, I am all for Budget airlines but they (Ryanair) usually cost more than Easyjet who I far prefer and would pay more just to travel with them, I do not mind the no frill policy, all for it but Ryanair over the last few years have plummeted in my estimation.
As for BA I have never used them at that price stated, my son flew back with them, yes it was from Malaga ,last week on a late booking and BA were the cheapest by far. It is a case of checking who is charging what at the time you wish to travel, there are other airlines not just BA, Easyjet and Ryanair. Monarch can throw out deals, depending where you are travelling.

It is interesting that most of the people here having a go at the likes of me ,who live here permanantly, have no problem with Ryanair, My last trip, last year with them was definately the last, rude staff, would not let me sit where I wanted so argued the point, dirty aircraft, rubbish pilot, have you ever had a good landing with them? I have not, after the third touch down ie bumping all the way down the landing strip, crap and double crap all the way.

Had my say, for those of you going to Jerez, I am sorry, I know that is about all you have, also re cheap flight to Malaga, Ryanair do not go there except from Dublin.

for those of you that I send out weather reports, At this precise moment in time it is heaving it down and blowing a gale.
Thought you might like a laugh at me ho ho
Old Mar 4th 2006, 7:48 pm
Banned

Douglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really nice

Originally Posted by pwwm
Not everyone travels to Malaga, we travel into Almeria and I would ,like a previous post has said never again use Ryanair, I am all for Budget airlines but they (Ryanair) usually cost more than Easyjet who I far prefer and would pay more just to travel with them, I do not mind the no frill policy, all for it but Ryanair over the last few years have plummeted in my estimation.
As for BA I have never used them at that price stated, my son flew back with them, yes it was from Malaga ,last week on a late booking and BA were the cheapest by far. It is a case of checking who is charging what at the time you wish to travel, there are other airlines not just BA, Easyjet and Ryanair. Monarch can throw out deals, depending where you are travelling.

It is interesting that most of the people here having a go at the likes of me ,who live here permanantly, have no problem with Ryanair, My last trip, last year with them was definately the last, rude staff, would not let me sit where I wanted so argued the point, dirty aircraft, rubbish pilot, have you ever had a good landing with them? I have not, after the third touch down ie bumping all the way down the landing strip, crap and double crap all the way.

Had my say, for those of you going to Jerez, I am sorry, I know that is about all you have, also re cheap flight to Malaga, Ryanair do not go there except from Dublin.

for those of you that I send out weather reports, At this precise moment in time it is heaving it down and blowing a gale.
Hi,sorry that you have to fly to malaga, and sorry you live in Almeria ,not everybody is as lucky as poollounger,not happy with Ryanair ,GREAT SERVICE,to Jerez, last time I travelled to Malaga with easyjet return flight cancelled,stranded in cespit Malaga,crime,crime,and,Mas,crime,sorry you live where you do, but people travelling to the Costa de la lux need Jerez,wonder why other airlines dont compete there,the other airlines only seem to cater for the built up areas where some brits only want to travel to,scared of the frontiers,scared of a new life scared ,LITTLE ENGLANDERS,cant< see beyond there own borders and everybody has to act like them NO THANK YOU ,Typical you want to sit where you want to sit ,pathetic ,of course the staff WHERE wrong ,GROW up its all about safety SAD BOY.Property diving in value I suspect.
Old Mar 4th 2006, 8:12 pm
Forum Regular

Mourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really nice

Originally Posted by josephina
Hi
I dont understand the vegetarian reference
J

yes , a bit obtuse , reference being if he can't fly ryanair because staff are badly treated, surely he can't eat meat ,come to that use certain cosmetics , medicines or wear certain clothes ,
Old Mar 4th 2006, 8:20 pm
Forum Regular

Don't feel sorry for me ! no problems with landings at Jerez , runway at Almeria probably laid by a gang a brits with a lorry of left over tarmac !!
Old Mar 4th 2006, 8:39 pm
Banned

Douglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really nice

Ryanair costs more than easyjet WHEN
Old Mar 4th 2006, 9:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

un-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Douglas jack
Hi,sorry that you have to fly to malaga, and sorry you live in Almeria ,not everybody is as lucky as poollounger,not happy with Ryanair ,GREAT SERVICE,to Jerez, last time I travelled to Malaga with easyjet return flight cancelled,stranded in cespit Malaga,crime,crime,and,Mas,crime,sorry you live where you do, but people travelling to the Costa de la lux need Jerez,wonder why other airlines dont compete there,the other airlines only seem to cater for the built up areas where some brits only want to travel to,scared of the frontiers,scared of a new life scared ,LITTLE ENGLANDERS,cant< see beyond there own borders and everybody has to act like them NO THANK YOU ,Typical you want to sit where you want to sit ,pathetic ,of course the staff WHERE wrong ,GROW up its all about safety SAD BOY.Property diving in value I suspect.
What an aggressive response - was there any need for it? No matter. Nothing in it to reply to, really, just a bit ranty.

"yes , a bit obtuse , reference being if he can't fly ryanair because staff are badly treated, surely he can't eat meat ,come to that use certain cosmetics , medicines or wear certain clothes " Well, mourinho, I can't make a great deal of sense out of that, either, as it happens!

Nobody is saying "don't travel RyanAir", I'm just saying that having done so I shall never travel with them again. Last time I checked, we almost live in a democracy, so live and let live, eh?
Old Mar 4th 2006, 10:02 pm
Rizlared

kevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to all

Wasn't have a go at anyone, just making the point that without cheap flights most brits wouldn't have considered buying in Spain, the details about Malaga etc were just as an example, I have no idea as to average costs or which airlines go where, Like I said, you pay your money and if you don't like an airline then your quite right not to use them, but remember if the small companies go under, BA et al will soon hike all the prices up.
And in all fairness, I have flown Ryanair many times to Belfast/Dublin and never had any problems, except when landing once in Belfast in thick fog, the pilot announced that he had been told to divert to Dublin but had decided he would "Give it a go anyhow". We were on the ground when he told us this.
No offence intended
Kevray
Old Mar 4th 2006, 10:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kevray
Wasn't have a go at anyone, just making the point that without cheap flights most brits wouldn't have considered buying in Spain, the details about Malaga etc were just as an example, I have no idea as to average costs or which airlines go where, Like I said, you pay your money and if you don't like an airline then your quite right not to use them, but remember if the small companies go under, BA et al will soon hike all the prices up.
And in all fairness, I have flown Ryanair many times to Belfast/Dublin and never had any problems, except when landing once in Belfast in thick fog, the pilot announced that he had been told to divert to Dublin but had decided he would "Give it a go anyhow". We were on the ground when he told us this.
No offence intended
Kevray
VERY interesting post, kevray. Air Traffic Control told the pilot to reroute to Dublin, but the pressure is on - rerouting to Dublin costs more in fuel and landing charges, so he decided (as is the pilot's right) to ignore the advice and adhere to company policy and save money. Not really the safest option, actually, but hey, it saved RyanAir money and thankfully it worked out well.
Old Mar 4th 2006, 11:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond repute

If you want to compare some of the airline prices to Spain or others for that matter. I often use www.skyscanner.net. Shows who is the cheapest price of certain airlines and the days that are best...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.