neil

Old Sep 20th 2013, 7:39 am
Just Joined

neilrudd is an unknown quantity at this point
Default neil

hi all This my first post I am not as yet an expat but hope to be soon My position is that my wife and I plan to retire to the sun in about 18 months we are contemplating southern spain poss Fuente de piedra region but are open minded We are looking to buy a small property say 100k ish My big problem is that I have kidney failure which requires dialysis 3 times per week so woulr need to retire to somewhere that can treat me with free health care as I receive in the UK any thoughts would be appreciated
Old Sep 20th 2013, 8:08 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: neil

Originally Posted by neilrudd
hi all This my first post I am not as yet an expat but hope to be soon My position is that my wife and I plan to retire to the sun in about 18 months we are contemplating southern spain poss Fuente de piedra region but are open minded We are looking to buy a small property say 100k ish My big problem is that I have kidney failure which requires dialysis 3 times per week so woulr need to retire to somewhere that can treat me with free health care as I receive in the UK any thoughts would be appreciated

I think your first search should be to see just where and whether you can get kidney dialysis, not sure if it will be free as even pensioners do have to pay for certain parts of their healthcare there, usually a percentage of the drug costs. In your situation I would find that info out first, well before even looking at places to buy.
Old Sep 20th 2013, 9:23 am
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

+1. Most Spanish hospitals have a web site, some have English version for your convenience. I would suggest contact the hospital closest to wherever you want to stay by e mail and /or phone.
Old Sep 20th 2013, 10:13 am
BE Forum Addict

bxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond repute

Hello and welcome, another thing would be the new residency rules and can you fulfil them ?

Changes to the residency regulations

On 10 July 2012 the Spanish government introduced details of the new residency requirements for all EU citizens, including British nationals.

Under the new rules, EU citizens applying for residency in Spain may be required to produce evidence of sufficient financial means to support themselves (and dependants). Applicants may also be asked for proof of private or public healthcare insurance.

From this website .... https://www.gov.uk/residency-requirements-in-spain
Old Sep 20th 2013, 3:04 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

As Concierge for the Spanish section of BE I would like to say hello and welcome.

BE is a very large expat website, so if you have problems finding your way around we have concierges who will try to direct you. The moderators for the Spanish forums are Mitzyboy and Fred James, moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderador who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge of the issues of living in Spain. At the top of the page you will find a quirkily named thread called Free Beer which is full of important and useful information. Hope you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Sep 23rd 2013, 8:28 am
Just Joined

neilrudd is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the advice offered It looks as though my bubble has been burst for retirement in Spain Oh well
Old Sep 23rd 2013, 9:09 am
Just Joined

merche is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Neil
I did a nie the other week for a couple here in spain, all i need to provide was a bank statement with their pension on it and a copy of the ehic card and they got their residencia so that is not difficult!! As for health care it is also very simple to get your health care here in spain, you can even start the process before you move as it can take a while to do!! It would definately be a hospital visit as for you dialysis as i dont think they would do it in the medical centre. But they do provide ambulance to take you there if you need transport.