Neighbours

Old May 26th 2011, 9:24 am
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute
Default Neighbours

I'm lucky with my neighbours, most of the time, having done plenty of research before buying my house. I know some people nearby who are not so lucky.

On my walk to the bank this morning, I noticed that in one street most of the houses still had their shutters down, which is very unusual and I knew people were at home because of the cars parked in the driveways.

I soon discovered the reason. The woman living in the middle of the small street was having one of her mad spells. I crossed over and narrowly avoided the eggs she was throwing at me. She was on her terrace shouting at the top of her voice, smashing her windows and those of the immediate neighbours and throwing things at passers by. She called me names in at least three different languages, with perfect pronunciation in each.

The middle aged lady, living alone, has had a severe problem with mental illness for many years and is regularly removed from her home by the authorities for short spells in secure mental institutions, but is soon released. She has a dangerous IQ of around 146, used to own a large hotel in Majorca, and receives a generous allowance from her husband who lives over a thousand miles away and no longer visits.

When her medicine, Lithium, as at the correct level, she is the most respectable lady you could wish to meet, but she doesn't always get it right.

I know some of her neighbours and they are desperate to sell up. Today will be a nightmare for them until she is taken away again.

Last edited by HBG; May 26th 2011 at 9:26 am.
Old May 26th 2011, 9:44 am
BE Enthusiast

busters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Neighbours

There but for the grace of God goes any one of us, it's so sad that this lady has just been shunned by her family, thinking that throwing money at the problem will make it go away.
Mental illness is is very distressing for all concerned and i hope that in the near future every one has peace of mind.
Old May 26th 2011, 9:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HBG
I'm lucky with my neighbours, most of the time, having done plenty of research before buying my house.
Unfortunately that doesn't stop some rsole buying nearby after you have moved in.
Old May 26th 2011, 9:51 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Such a shame that the help for the lady seems to be removal from society when she has difficulties. Much better if there was a relative or professional ensuring that her levels of medication were maintained satisfactorily.

Sad.

Rosemary
Old May 26th 2011, 1:41 pm
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by busters mum
There but for the grace of God goes any one of us, it's so sad that this lady has just been shunned by her family, thinking that throwing money at the problem will make it go away.
Mental illness is is very distressing for all concerned and i hope that in the near future every one has peace of mind.
I agree entirely, but I live far enough away not to be troubled by this unfortunate woman. I think the husband and grown up children have tried to help her in the past but couldn't cope with her violent spells. A brother still visits occasionally and repairs the damage she causes to her own house, and pays for the damage caused to neighbours houses and cars. When I saw her this morning her arms were covered in blood and her Spanish neighbour had already called the police.

Apart from moving away. I can't think what else the neighbours can do. The woman has lived in the street for more than 14 years, but her spells of madness are becoming more and more frequent and dangerous, I've seen her running down the street armed with a large knife.

Personal friends of ours who lived a few doors away, sold their house five years ago for less than half-price, just to get away, and the husband is a six-and-half feet tall, former Irish Guardsman.
Old May 26th 2011, 2:45 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

If I lived in that street i would be hoping she was taken away in a straight jacket