Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

A negative ranting post

A negative ranting post

Old Apr 2nd 2015, 11:25 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default A negative ranting post

I am extremely angry that other peoples hobby and ignorance has given me a lot of work and ruined many of my plants. Last night there were approximately 15 painted pigeons on my roof terrace and no matter what I did they would not fly off because it was dark. I was unable to sleep because they were making so much noise and knocking things over so I ended up resting on the sofa all night. This morning even though I am exhausted through lack of sleep I have had to work hard sweeping up their feathers and my poor plants and then trying to clean their paint and excrement off my tiles. Why the owners did not make sure that their birds were in their own little houses I have no idea but I find it unforgiveable that they are so ignorant and do not care about what happens to other people.

Rant over. Those of you who have been reading my posts for years will know how angry I am because I rarely have anything negative to say about living in Spain.

Rosemary
Old Apr 2nd 2015, 12:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A negative ranting post

Attached Thumbnails A negative ranting post-12-bore.jpg  
Old Apr 2nd 2015, 12:37 pm
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

There is a custom in Spain where owners paint their pigeons and then wager vast sums of money on them.

The idea is to see which one can copulate with the sole female the most.

At the end of it, the female is all but dead (I feign from using the normal term of sh*gged to death).

We had these pigeons come into our garden last year followed by (probably) 50 people watching. They had no regard for my hedges which they simply walked through or my plants which they trampled on.

If they can't catch the female before dusk (and sometimes they can't even find the entire entourage) they just leave them out and come to pick them up next morning.

Aren't these traditions quaint
Old Apr 2nd 2015, 8:44 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fredbargate
Pigeon pie comes to mind, though my neighbour pops them off and cooks them in his Sunday Paella.
Old Apr 3rd 2015, 11:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Pica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snikpoh
There is a custom in Spain where owners paint their pigeons and then wager vast sums of money on them.

The idea is to see which one can copulate with the sole female the most.

At the end of it, the female is all but dead (I feign from using the normal term of sh*gged to death).

We had these pigeons come into our garden last year followed by (probably) 50 people watching. They had no regard for my hedges which they simply walked through or my plants which they trampled on.

If they can't catch the female before dusk (and sometimes they can't even find the entire entourage) they just leave them out and come to pick them up next morning.

Aren't these traditions quaint
How absolutely disgusting !
Old Apr 3rd 2015, 12:20 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

So would it still be absolutely disgusting and unacceptable if these guys and their pigeons conducted their activities/sport in a location where they cause absolutely no problems at all to other people or other property ?

After all the pigeons, as consenting adults I presume, are simply doing what comes naturally.
Old Apr 6th 2015, 10:42 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

I also mentioned the problem that I had on FB and two of my neighbours and have had a result. One of the men in my street who is part of the pigeon brigade (it was not his pigeons) has just been to apologise profusely to me about the incident. He said that if something like this occurs again that I must telephone him immediately and he will come and deal with it. When I said what if it is in the middle of the night he said that it did not matter what time it was as what was important is that I do not have a problem and that I should have a tranquil life. He repeated himself several times and checked that I really did understand what he was saying and kept on saying that it was not acceptable that I was disrupted in this manner so I am pleased that I let it be known and that there has been a reaction.

Rosemary