Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Need Permiso de Circulacion but I live In Ireland?

Need Permiso de Circulacion but I live In Ireland?

Old Nov 1st 2019, 6:48 pm
Just Joined

schmiglish is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Need Permiso de Circulacion but I live In Ireland?

Hi All,

I would really appreciate you advice, I was in spain for a while in 2015 and bought a motorcycle down there. Then moved back to Ireland. Its Vintage (from 1983) so it rarely gets taken out. So I recently went to VRT it in ireland and make it legal here for insurance purposes and they said i need a spanish log book.

I have everything else
Contract,
Sellers ID
The "tarjeta de inspeccion tecnica de vehiculos"

But obviously, im missing the permiso de circulacion. But because i was not a spanish resident there was never one issued to me. So Im confused the irish office say i need it. so im presuming i need to get the one in the name of the old owner.

Will they give me a copy of that? and if so who do i ask?
Old Nov 1st 2019, 7:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Loafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Need Permiso de Circulacion but I live In Ireland?

Originally Posted by schmiglish
Hi All,

I would really appreciate you advice, I was in spain for a while in 2015 and bought a motorcycle down there. Then moved back to Ireland. Its Vintage (from 1983) so it rarely gets taken out. So I recently went to VRT it in ireland and make it legal here for insurance purposes and they said i need a spanish log book.

I have everything else
Contract,
Sellers ID
The "tarjeta de inspeccion tecnica de vehiculos"

But obviously, im missing the permiso de circulacion. But because i was not a spanish resident there was never one issued to me. So Im confused the irish office say i need it. so im presuming i need to get the one in the name of the old owner.

Will they give me a copy of that? and if so who do i ask?
In theory when you bought the motorbike the old owner should have transferred the Permiso de Circulacion to your name . Nothing to do with you not being a Spanish resident, every vehicle owner should have one . If the old owner has it and not done the transfer on paper he is still the owner .The transfer is done via the DGT ( Traffic Office ) . The norm is while the transfer is made you are issued with a temporary document valid for 30 days . Try contacting the seller first , if unable to its going to be a process of contacting the DGT.in the region where you were when you purchased the motorbike.

Good luck