Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

need a little advice please

need a little advice please

Old Nov 8th 2007, 5:45 pm
Forum Regular

lfaridi has a spectacular aura aboutlfaridi has a spectacular aura aboutlfaridi has a spectacular aura about
Default need a little advice please

hi there

i am an american citizen living in morocco who wants to move to spain. i dont need a visa to get in but how would i go about getting residency once i am there? also my husband is from morocco and is a greencard holder. how difficult would it be for him to get a visa with 8000 euro in the bank?

thank you
L
Old Nov 8th 2007, 6:19 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: need a little advice please

Originally Posted by lfaridi
hi there

i am an american citizen living in morocco who wants to move to spain. i dont need a visa to get in but how would i go about getting residency once i am there? also my husband is from morocco and is a greencard holder. how difficult would it be for him to get a visa with 8000 euro in the bank?

thank you
L
Sounds complecated, best bet is to try the US embassy in Spain site, they should have some info on there.
Old Nov 8th 2007, 6:55 pm
Forum Regular

lfaridi has a spectacular aura aboutlfaridi has a spectacular aura aboutlfaridi has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by jdr
Sounds complecated, best bet is to try the US embassy in Spain site, they should have some info on there.
thank you but tried contacting them already with no answer. can u give me a website?

thanks again
Old Nov 8th 2007, 7:07 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lfaridi
thank you but tried contacting them already with no answer. can u give me a website?

thanks again
Google is your friend.... http://madrid.usembassy.gov/cons/services.html it is the English site but there is also a Spanish one if you are fluent.
Old Nov 8th 2007, 8:04 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

You can visit Spain as a tourist but if you want to become resident you will find it very difficult as a non EU citizen.

You must get a residency visa BEFORE you come to Spain and you have to get this from the Spanish embassy in your home country - presumably the US. If you enter as a tourist then you will have to go back to the US to get the residency visa. If you are resident in Morocco then maybe the Spanish embassy in Rabat can help.

You will also need to have a regular income deposited into a Spanish bank (8000 euoros in the bank will probably not be enough)and have full medical insurance with a company who operates in Spain.

You also have to provide a certificate from the US showing that you do not have a criminal record. There are also many more documents needed.

If you want to work in Spain you will also need a work permit which will also be complicated and difficult to obtain.