Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Need info on Oliva

Need info on Oliva

Old Oct 21st 2014, 1:19 pm
Forum Regular

danielspaniel11234 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Need info on Oliva

Any nice permanent residents of Oliva please DM me as id like to ask a few questions about the area without boring everyone else
Old Oct 21st 2014, 1:29 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Need info on Oliva

Originally Posted by danielspaniel11234
Any nice permanent residents of Oliva please DM me as id like to ask a few questions about the area without boring everyone else
Err ... but thats the idea of a forum, that we share our information in the public arena to help others

I lived around Oliva for 7 years
Old Oct 21st 2014, 2:35 pm
Forum Regular

Ok i'll ask here :P
Are you familiar with the els gorgs area? Houses there seem to have no mains water and electricity so I was wondering if the area was any good or somewhere to avoid.
Old Oct 21st 2014, 4:15 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Ok i'll ask here :P
Are you familiar with the els gorgs area? Houses there seem to have no mains water and electricity so I was wondering if the area was any good or somewhere to avoid.
No I'm not familiar with the name ..... whereabouts is it.
Frankly, if there are houses with no electricity and water it might well be an idea to avoid it
Old Oct 21st 2014, 4:39 pm
Forum Regular

That's what I was thinking and I can't find it on google maps either
Seems strange
thanks for reply
Old Oct 21st 2014, 5:03 pm
Senior Moment

That's what I was thinking and I can't find it on google maps either
Seems strange
thanks for reply
Its not an area of the old town is it?

Oliva is divided into definite areas
You have the Old Town which is split from the commercial & shopping area by the N332, and then you have the beach area. The old town is full of small "terraced" houses,most of which are very old. Some of the areas of old town are probably not the best areas to live in, and they have been having a lot of problems with burglary
Old Oct 21st 2014, 5:05 pm
Senior Moment

As an afterthought, avoid dealing with CasayCia in Oliva when you are looking at property ..... or if you do, take great care
Old Oct 21st 2014, 5:22 pm
Forum Regular

All I know is it was half way between Oliva centre and the sea. The house I saw were both detached and the houses spread out more. Thanks I will avoid them for sure now