Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Need Euro's? don't buy from.....

Need Euro's? don't buy from.....

Old Feb 27th 2008, 6:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Need Euro's? don't buy from.....

Ryanair! surely they must be havin' a laarfff! We need a couple hundred pounds worht for next week so doing some checking, Ryanair exchange rate....1.25 to the pound Even my own bank offer 1.28 as does the post office.
Old Feb 27th 2008, 7:27 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Need Euro's? don't buy from.....

Originally Posted by Bri and Katee
Ryanair! surely they must be havin' a laarfff! We need a couple hundred pounds worht for next week so doing some checking, Ryanair exchange rate....1.25 to the pound Even my own bank offer 1.28 as does the post office.
Be fair, they have to fly them over on their cost hidden expensive flights
Old Feb 27th 2008, 9:42 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

I was persuaded to register with a well known currency company that are mentioned on here now and again ....... They offered me 1.26 last week when the usual company I use were on 1.325,
Old Feb 27th 2008, 10:15 pm
Forum Regular

Ex-pat has a reputation beyond reputeEx-pat has a reputation beyond reputeEx-pat has a reputation beyond reputeEx-pat has a reputation beyond reputeEx-pat has a reputation beyond reputeEx-pat has a reputation beyond reputeEx-pat has a reputation beyond reputeEx-pat has a reputation beyond reputeEx-pat has a reputation beyond reputeEx-pat has a reputation beyond reputeEx-pat has a reputation beyond repute

you are in danger of repeating youself mitzy
Old Feb 27th 2008, 10:15 pm

crispy will become famous soon enoughcrispy will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
I was persuaded to register with a well known currency company that are mentioned on here now and again ....... They offered me 1.26 last week when the usual company I use were on 1.325, spot rate for £1000
Didn't quite get that Mitz, do you think you could say it for the 5th time.
Old Feb 27th 2008, 10:42 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by crispy
Blimey ... what happened there
I was labouring the point a little wasn't I
Old Feb 27th 2008, 10:55 pm

Sign of old age Mitz when you keep repeating yourself
Old Feb 27th 2008, 10:56 pm
Senior Moment

Old Feb 27th 2008, 11:02 pm

Sign of old age mitz when you keep repeating yourself.
Old Feb 28th 2008, 6:47 am

Same Difference is an unknown quantity at this point

Sign of old age Mitz when you keep repeating yourself
Sign of old age mitz when you keep repeating yourself.

Old Feb 28th 2008, 10:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Need Euro's? don't buy from.....

Originally Posted by Same Difference
Sort of getting back on topic my daily email update on the exchange rate tells me: -

"The pound fell to an all-time low against the euro yesterday, as data showed UK consumer spending falter and problems in the banking sector dented sentiment on the UK economy". Closing rate was 1.3101 to the pound.

So just when I am building at a furious rate and the certificates are coming thick and fast it looks like I will be getting about 1.29 and falling.
Old Feb 28th 2008, 10:24 am
Senior Moment

Originally Posted by John & Kath
Sort of getting back on topic my daily email update on the exchange rate tells me: -

"The pound fell to an all-time low against the euro yesterday, as data showed UK consumer spending falter and problems in the banking sector dented sentiment on the UK economy". Closing rate was 1.3101 to the pound.

So just when I am building at a furious rate and the certificates are coming thick and fast it looks like I will be getting about 1.29 and falling.
Yep its down to 1.29 on the site I use now
Old Feb 28th 2008, 3:41 pm
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

So if I were to have a large sum of money in a Spanish bank would it be wise to send it over to my English bank now
Old Feb 28th 2008, 4:04 pm
Senior Moment

Originally Posted by Lionda
So if I were to have a large sum of money in a Spanish bank would it be wise to send it over to my English bank now
Sounds like a plan. If you had transferred £5k over here at its peak last year, if you transferred it back to the UK now you would have made £6-700
Old Feb 28th 2008, 5:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

pete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond repute

Buying your currency from RyanAir eh? Sounds like you got off light.
I'm surprised they didn't charge you another £10 for the bag to put it in
and a surcharge for getting to the front of the cash queue
plus extra for letting you choose the denominations of the notes

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.