Reload this Page >

Need advice from a motorcyclist

Need advice from a motorcyclist

Old Jun 16th 2014, 10:54 am
Just Joined

Sider is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Need advice from a motorcyclist

Good day, to everyone who reads this,
I am not living in Spain, so this might seem not the correct to place to ask this question, but I am trying to buy my first motorcycle and I have the opportunity to ship it back to my country. I googled one market place for motorcycles and found one that I would like to buy. From the photos and comments below the add the bike looks fantastic. But I need someone with motorcyclist knowledge to look into it, the bike itself is in Madrid. Do any off you know anyone who I could contact to inspect if it is worth buying?

Hoping for a quick response. Thanks in advance.
Old Jun 16th 2014, 11:00 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Need advice from a motorcyclist

Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. I am the Concierge for the Spanish section and thought that you might find it helpful to know that the moderators for the Spanish forums are Fred James and Bevs, moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge of the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Jun 16th 2014, 11:08 am
Just Joined

Thank you for the warm welcome Hope, to get some info soon enough.
Old Jun 16th 2014, 11:21 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sider
Thank you for the warm welcome Hope, to get some info soon enough.
Many posters are probably out and about and may not answer until later this evening but hopefully you will gain some replies. We have a few keen bikers on the forum but I do not know where they are based.

Rosemary
Old Jun 16th 2014, 11:23 am
Just Joined

That sounds more than assuring. This issue that I am having is not top priority so even a few days response is more than fine
Old Jun 16th 2014, 12:42 pm
Dxf
BE Forum Addict

Dxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond repute

Hola & Welcome to the forum,

The question is WHY? is the bike really so cheap that with the costs of transport, it is that much better buy? You don´t give details but it could possibly be a minefield if it is a Spanish specification as opposed to and English one.

Hopefully you can post the make / model etc to give others a better opportunity to give you the best reply

Davexf
Old Jun 16th 2014, 1:03 pm
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dxf
Hola & Welcome to the forum,

The question is WHY? is the bike really so cheap that with the costs of transport, it is that much better buy? You don´t give details but it could possibly be a minefield if it is a Spanish specification as opposed to and English one.

Hopefully you can post the make / model etc to give others a better opportunity to give you the best reply

Davexf
... have you also considered the cost of matriculation (re-plating it)?
Old Jun 16th 2014, 1:32 pm
Just Joined

In my country (Lithuania) this type of motorcycle costs from 3-4k Euro. The cost for shipping to my country is only about 200 Euro. The problem with buying a motorcycle in my country is that most of them have been crashed hard bought for a very low price, fixed up cosmetically and sold with a high price tag. I have checked quite a few bikes so far, but they are pricy and have had at least one crash already. Matriculation costs, haven't thought about them yet, but re-registering the bike in my country is very cheap 20-30 Euros and license plates can be bought for a cheap price as well.

Sorry for not giving the link at first. Here it is:
KAWASAKI Z750
I have looked throught the pictures and read (translated and read) the comments about this bike. From what I can see this bike has not crashed or dropped yet and has just a little bit of mileage on it. Is there a biker who lives in Madrid and wouldn't mind checking the bike?
Old Jun 16th 2014, 3:45 pm
Yaaarp

Madridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond repute

I've owned several bikes over the years although I don't currently have one but I do know a little about them and also live in Madrid. What exactly is it you need?
Old Jun 16th 2014, 4:42 pm
Just Joined

Please wait until moderator confirms my previous post, it has a link to the bike itself. If you would be kind enough to supply me with your skype/facebook/e-mail or something I would be more than glad to give you the information that I tried to post.
Old Jun 16th 2014, 4:45 pm
Just Joined

In my country (Lithuania) this type of motorcycle costs from 3-4k Euro. The cost for shipping to my country is only about 200 Euro. The problem with buying a motorcycle in my country is that most of them have been crashed hard bought for a very low price, fixed up cosmetically and sold with a high price tag. I have checked quite a few bikes so far, but they are pricy and have had at least one crash already. Matriculation costs, haven't thought about them yet, but re-registering the bike in my country is very cheap 20-30 Euros and license plates can be bought for a cheap price as well.
Old Jun 16th 2014, 5:03 pm
Just Joined

I couldn't post a link, so I will just give specifications.
Brand: KAWASAKI
Model: Z 750
Capacity: 748
Price: 2800 €
Color: black
Mileage: 22700
Year: 2009

Comments (translated with google translate) : Kawasaki Z 750 black color, 22700 km, immaculate condition. The bike has never entered into the circuit, not a single drop has all the reviews to date, wheels with less than 2 months of use.
I have looked throught the pictures and read (translated and read) the comments about this bike. From what I can see this bike has not crashed or dropped yet and has just a little bit of mileage on it. Is there a biker who lives in Madrid and wouldn't mind checking the bike?
Old Jun 16th 2014, 5:55 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sider
I couldn't post a link, so I will just give specifications.
The link should work now.

Nice bike!

Last edited by Fred James; Jun 16th 2014 at 5:57 pm.
Old Jun 16th 2014, 6:02 pm
Just Joined

Thank you, James.

This is the link:
http://motos.coches.net/ocasion/kawa...d-5713352.htm#

Comments (translated with google translate) : Kawasaki Z 750 black color, 22700 km, immaculate condition. The bike has never entered into the circuit, not a single drop has all the reviews to date, wheels with less than 2 months of use.

Last edited by Sider; Jun 16th 2014 at 6:05 pm.
Old Jun 17th 2014, 6:10 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Madridboy
I've owned several bikes over the years although I don't currently have one but I do know a little about them and also live in Madrid. What exactly is it you need?
I need someone, who could perform a quick inspection. Cold engine running, check the gears and the clutch. Check the brakes and discs and most importantly the chassis. Anything else which I didn't mention. I am a total newbie in motorcycles, so if you know anything else to check please do

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.