Name and Shame

Old Dec 15th 2007, 6:26 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Name and Shame

Originally Posted by SoJohn
Nothing wrong with being cautious. ON the flip side though, I notice you have an employment offers forum here. What would happen if someone took a job there and wasn't paid at the end of the month? Could the user then sue BE for damages? Or would it come down to individual responsibility?

It's the same argument and a different policy is used for it.
I think this ought to go offline really SoJohn as we're not supposed to discuss moderating policy here, but suffice it to say that if you show interest in a job on here, you go for an interview, you satisfy yourself that the job is OK and that the employer is above board, and then you accept the job if you feel your research is OK.

However, if I post up "SoJohn Motors are thieves and should not be trusted as they will destroy your car engine as their staff are not trained", the damage is done and SoJohn motors' reputation is sullied, even if I was just being mischievous and the fault had not been theirs
Old Dec 15th 2007, 6:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

SoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud of

I'm not discussing policy. I already said I can agree with it and would probably do the same myself. The legal argument just makes no sense (despite what your solicitor said). I also said if someone posted a topic you just gave an example of it should be deleted

Perhaps I should tell Google that YouTube is doomed to failure. I'll send them the name of your solicitor

Or I'll tell Inetinteractive that their chain of forums are leaving them open to lawsuits
Old Dec 15th 2007, 6:37 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, by all means if it makes you happy

Can we leave it at that now please
Its forum policy....I dont make the rules .... its not my forum and I dont have to take the risks.

I'm locking the thread now, for as I said we're not suppose to discuss moderation policy on line, and the reasons for the rule have already been given