Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Nail technicians, girly beauty stuff!!

Nail technicians, girly beauty stuff!!

Old Jun 19th 2008, 8:17 pm
Forum Regular

MichaelandDawn is a name known to allMichaelandDawn is a name known to allMichaelandDawn is a name known to allMichaelandDawn is a name known to allMichaelandDawn is a name known to allMichaelandDawn is a name known to allMichaelandDawn is a name known to allMichaelandDawn is a name known to allMichaelandDawn is a name known to allMichaelandDawn is a name known to allMichaelandDawn is a name known to all
Default Nail technicians, girly beauty stuff!!

Just moved out to Las Chapas near Cabopino/Calahonda etc etc.

I usually get my acrylic nails done n the Uk for about £25-£28 a time, with infills costing around £18 a time.

I have been to 3 beauty places ( one in cabopino, one in Elviria and one near Marbella ) and all are €70 for acrylic nails. The basic manicure is €35 euros.

Just wondering why its so expensive over here - more than double than the UK for the nails!!

Maybe i am mising something - or maybe is there any mobile nail people, who charge a more reasonable price.

Let me know girls if you have any info xxxxxx
Old Jun 19th 2008, 8:58 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nail technicians, girly beauty stuff!!

Im not a girly, but have you tried Brit and Spanish places?
Old Jun 19th 2008, 8:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

DebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond repute

Off topic, I know.... but Dawn, how are you both getting on??
Old Jun 19th 2008, 9:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

mrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond repute

I have mine done in Benalmada, Posh Nails & Beauty, 952 961 672 or 647 170 158 acrylic´s 45-50€ and infills (aprox every 4 weeks max) 20€, they are in the Gamonal, in Arroyo. Nearer you there is Zaks, near the lighthouse, think they charge more though.
Old Jun 19th 2008, 9:18 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mrsjdr
I have mine done in Benalmada, Posh Nails & Beauty, 952 961 672 or 647 170 158 acrylic´s 45-50€ and infills (aprox every 4 weeks max) 20€, they are in the Gamonal, in Arroyo. Nearer you there is Zaks, near the lighthouse, think they charge more though.
Where does Mr JDR get his done?
Old Jun 19th 2008, 9:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

mrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond repute

He uses the hedge trimmer
Old Jun 19th 2008, 11:06 pm

poshnbucks has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by mrsjdr

My Lawyers have asked me to point out that Posh nails and beauty salon has nothing at all to do with me. The fact that I have Posh nails and have been told I am rather Beautiful is another matter I will also remind you that these places are going bust every week as all the nail money is going towards mortgage payments as those in debt are feeling the credit crunch....... As my old uncle Rubin Fin stein would say if you ain't got the money on the hip don't go shopping....already I attach a little piccy of Mr JDR having had his nails done for the local fish n chip night

Last edited by poshnbucks; May 30th 2009 at 5:40 am.
Old Jun 20th 2008, 5:55 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by poshnbucks
My Lawyers have asked me to point out that Posh nails and beauty salon has nothing at all to do with me. The fact that I have Posh nails and have been told I am rather Beautiful is another matter I will also remind you that these places are going bust every week as all the nail money is going towards mortgage payments as those in debt are feeling the credit crunch....... As my old uncle Rubin Fin stein would say if you ain't got the money on the hip don't go shopping....already I attach a little piccy of Mr JDR having had his nails done for the local fish n chip night
I wished I had that sort of money, can`t afford fish and chips. ;-)
Old Jun 20th 2008, 8:09 am

Originally Posted by jdr
I wished I had that sort of money, can`t afford fish and chips. ;-)
No Cash just lots of Brinks Mat Non-ferrous metals under the patio ehhhhhh
Old Jun 20th 2008, 1:09 pm
Forum Regular

john1979 has a brilliant futurejohn1979 has a brilliant futurejohn1979 has a brilliant futurejohn1979 has a brilliant futurejohn1979 has a brilliant futurejohn1979 has a brilliant futurejohn1979 has a brilliant futurejohn1979 has a brilliant future

Try the Aztec country club in Riviera where i am. Will be cheaper the further you head away from Marbella imo.
Old Jun 20th 2008, 1:36 pm
I believe.

Grebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud of

It varies around here from €55 - €25 full set of acrylics or Gels. The cheaper one's tend to be learners getting in the practice or others using inferior products. (not always of course )

Your getting a cheap rate from the UK, last time I had mine done there it was over 50 quid ! & that was a few years ago..
Old Jun 20th 2008, 2:10 pm
Forum Regular

cajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud of

Where we live people cant afford luxuries like acrylic nails lol
Old Jun 20th 2008, 2:28 pm
Forum Regular

ShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really nice

Originally Posted by john1979
Try the Aztec country club in Riviera where i am. Will be cheaper the further you head away from Marbella imo.
IMO but not IME?

The other half gets all her woman stuff things done in Marbella as it's considerably cheaper than getting it done in any of the ex-pat places around here
Old Jun 20th 2008, 3:45 pm

You could always follow Same Differences path to nail beauty ..............

..... BITE EM..

Last edited by poshnbucks; May 30th 2009 at 5:40 am.
Old Jun 20th 2008, 9:04 pm
Forum Regular

xxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nice

HI,

I was a nail tec when in the UK, (for 14 years!!) packed up when I came here, (just do my own now)
It might be expensive due to the costs of the products, and with nails, you do get what you pay for, the nail products ive seen where I am , are not that good and the tips are poor quality, I order mine from the UK, I use 'star nails' and 'the edge' products, as ive found them the best. but it cost more due to the postage.

personly if i started doing nails here again, (which im thinking off) I would charge 45€ for a full set, and infils would be from about 20€, A lot do the 'gel' over here, and the 'acrylics' neither which I like, gels not strong enough and acrylics always look to thick, I do the fiberglass ones (with tips) and find them thin but stong (well they have to be for me, living on a farm with horses, dogs, cats etc.....)

Jenny