Reload this Page >

N I E for Spain

N I E for Spain

Old Feb 10th 2022, 2:50 pm
Just Joined

richiepoile is an unknown quantity at this point
Default N I E for Spain

Hi.

I am looking to move to Spain very shortly but have had conflicting information regarding the N I E card. From the various sites I have researched it shows as being able to apply for it within Spain, and without first having a job offer yet, on others, it says I need a job before I can get the NIE.

Could someone please explain to me what the requirement actually is, as I am so confused.

I have been applying for vacancies for the past few weeks to test the water and have received a positive response but, now that I am getting this conflicting information I am wondering whether I need the position to be concrete, in writing, and then apply for the NIE or whether I can go to Spain, apply for the NIE and then look to get a job offer.

Many thanks in advance - from a very confused person
Old Feb 10th 2022, 2:59 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: N I E for Spain

Hi, welcome to BE.

It might be helpful if you clarify, are you a British citizen and/or a citizen of an EU country? Obviously since Brexit that makes a big difference.

I'm sure the forum pros will be along to help you work it all out shortly.

Best of luck.
Old Feb 10th 2022, 3:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Joppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond repute

What is your nationality? If you are British and have no EU passport, you need to apply for a visa while you are still in UK, and your prospective employer has to sponsor you. If you are EU citizen (e.g. Irish), you can travel to Spain, get a job offer and then apply to register as EU citizen.
Old Feb 10th 2022, 3:04 pm
Just Joined

Many thanks, much appreciated, thank you.
Old Feb 10th 2022, 3:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

EU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond repute

There is no such thing as NIE card, but only NIE number.
It's more of like identification number for dealing with gov departments.
You can get it in any Spanish consulate, no job needed. Google.
Old Feb 10th 2022, 3:30 pm
Just Joined

Yes, I meant the NIE number being required prior to the TIE, sorry lol.
Old Feb 11th 2022, 7:08 am
BE Forum Addict

spainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond repute

A lot of useful info here

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/living-in-spain

Old Feb 11th 2022, 7:20 am
BE Forum Addict

tebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond repute

You still have not stated whether you are a UK passport holder or have an EU passport.

You will get better information from members if they know exactly what position you are in.

UK passport holders need a visa to live and work in Spain.

Steve
Old Feb 11th 2022, 7:20 am
Just Joined

Thank you, very much appreciated
Old Feb 11th 2022, 7:21 am
Just Joined

Sorry, yes, UK passport holder.
Old Feb 11th 2022, 7:28 am
BE Forum Addict

tebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by richiepoile
Sorry, yes, UK passport holder.
Hi Richie,
As a UK passport holder you will need to apply for a visa from the Spanish consulate while you are still living in the UK. You will need to apply to the Spanish consulate in London or Manchester and meet with the income and healthcare requirements.

You will need to have an income of around €28,000 per annum (or savings plus income) plus full private healthcare paid for a full year.

Jobs that become available in Spain have to be offered to an EU citizen first but if you are fortunate to be offered a job the employer must sponsor your visa application.

Once you have a visa you can then move to Spain and apply for residency.

Steve
Old Feb 11th 2022, 7:37 am
Just Joined

Thank you, that is very much appreciated, indeed. Will start the ball rolling.
Old Feb 13th 2022, 12:48 pm
Just Joined

Daveyboywill is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi guys,
I’m a uk passport holder that’s just bought an apartment in la duquesa so have my nie number, I’m planning on moving out to Spain in around 12 months or so,
I have a property in the uk I am going to sell to raise some funds and was wondering if anyone knows if I could just buy a lease on a small bar/cafe and start living the dream, I’m hearing loads of different stories regarding non lucrative visas and golden visas etc so if anyone can help me out with some useful information it would be really appreciated,
thanks guys.
dave
Old Feb 13th 2022, 1:07 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Daveyboywill
Hi guys,
I’m a uk passport holder that’s just bought an apartment in la duquesa so have my nie number, I’m planning on moving out to Spain in around 12 months or so,
I have a property in the uk I am going to sell to raise some funds and was wondering if anyone knows if I could just buy a lease on a small bar/cafe and start living the dream, I’m hearing loads of different stories regarding non lucrative visas and golden visas etc so if anyone can help me out with some useful information it would be really appreciated,
thanks guys.
dave
Looks like you've been given info on the golden visa previously (500k+), for the non-lucrative you need to show the income mentioned above, you'll need that in place when you apply for the visa. Thanks to Brexit, the days of 'start living the dream' without a visa in place first are long gone unfortunately.

Best of luck to you, any other visa related questions and you might be better off starting your own thread, rather than tagging your questions on to the end of the OP's.
Old Feb 13th 2022, 1:20 pm
Just Joined

Daveyboywill is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you 👍

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.