Reload this Page >

N.I.E number cards

N.I.E number cards

Old Mar 1st 2009, 1:06 pm
Forum Regular

dougyzf is an unknown quantity at this point
Default N.I.E number cards

Hi,

Is it possible to obtain an n.i.e card? similar size to a credit card to fit in your wallet? rather than carrying the original sheet around.
Old Mar 1st 2009, 1:33 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: N.I.E number cards

Originally Posted by dougyzf
Hi,

Is it possible to obtain an n.i.e card? similar size to a credit card to fit in your wallet? rather than carrying the original sheet around.
No I dont believe so now .... the residencia used to be a card but now you get a combined NIE / Residencia A4 sheet!
Old Mar 1st 2009, 4:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

featherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
No I dont believe so now .... the residencia used to be a card but now you get a combined NIE / Residencia A4 sheet!
we did mr FB's not that long ago and he got the A4 sheet thing too, they dont do the cards anymore. Btu he just uses his driving licence when he pays in shops etc.
Old Mar 1st 2009, 4:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Veleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by featherbum
we did mr FB's not that long ago and he got the A4 sheet thing too, they dont do the cards anymore. Btu he just uses his driving licence when he pays in shops etc.
It's a real pain having that piece of A4 crap AND a passport in my bag at all times.
Id' be happy to pay to have the old style ID card if that was a possibility. They still issue them to non-UE people so surely it couldn't be THAT difficult to give one to a UE person if they really, really wanted one.
Old Mar 1st 2009, 4:52 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by featherbum
Only a card with picture on is acceptable, so you need a laminated credit size copy of your passport, or your DL. Please note, most banks and carrefour will NOT accept the resized passport copy, they need the real thing.
Old Mar 1st 2009, 5:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

SueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikelincs
Only a card with picture on is acceptable, so you need a laminated credit size copy of your passport, or your DL. Please note, most banks and carrefour will NOT accept the resized passport copy, they need the real thing.
We only use our driving licence and it was accepted in Torre and Benidorm
Old Mar 1st 2009, 7:34 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerezgirl
It's a real pain having that piece of A4 crap AND a passport in my bag at all times.
Id' be happy to pay to have the old style ID card if that was a possibility. They still issue them to non-UE people so surely it couldn't be THAT difficult to give one to a UE person if they really, really wanted one.
It was a bunch of expats that got them removed, cos having to have them was breaching our human rights. lol
Old Mar 1st 2009, 10:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Beachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to behold

I have a blue credit card size card showing my name and NIE number. They were issued for a year or so in the early 1990s.
Old Mar 2nd 2009, 6:20 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SueG
We only use our driving licence and it was accepted in Torre and Benidorm
Yes, they accept the DL, but not the resized laminate of a passport, if you want to use your passport, it has to be the real thing.
Old Mar 2nd 2009, 5:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute

My daughter has just got married and changed all her bank cards into her married name but all her ID passport and driving licence is in her maiden name. Obviously it will take a while to get these changed plus the cost. Any ideas?
Old Mar 2nd 2009, 5:19 pm
Dxf
BE Forum Addict

Dxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Beachcomber,

We had a friend with a card like yours - we went to officialdom to change his driving licence and hands were held up in horror and he now has one of those horrible A4 paper thingy's

Davexf
Old Mar 2nd 2009, 5:20 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chiclanagir
My daughter has just got married and changed all her bank cards into her married name but all her ID passport and driving licence is in her maiden name. Obviously it will take a while to get these changed plus the cost. Any ideas?
For the driving licence if she wants to keep the UK one she has to have a UK address. She would have to apply as a UK resident either on line or via the post office (form). A warning though, online they take your telephone number as they say they do security checks
For the passport ... Its rip off time in Madrid I'm afraid
Old Mar 2nd 2009, 7:24 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
For the driving licence if she wants to keep the UK one she has to have a UK address. She would have to apply as a UK resident either on line or via the post office (form). A warning though, online they take your telephone number as they say they do security checks
For the passport ... Its rip off time in Madrid I'm afraid
When they send the passport back by courier she will need ID with her married name on it. lol
It happened to our daughter, they wouldn`t let her or even her husband pick it up and sent it back to Madrid.
Stupid thing is they resent it to where my wife worked and left it with no ID being shown.