N. I. E.

Old Jun 28th 2010, 7:03 pm
lic
Forum Regular

lic is just really nicelic is just really nicelic is just really nicelic is just really nicelic is just really nicelic is just really nicelic is just really nicelic is just really nicelic is just really nicelic is just really nicelic is just really nice
Default N. I. E.

Can anyone please tell me how long an N.I.E. lasts?
I have a non residents N.I.E. (i think), does this expire?
I remember eharing that they only last 5 years, is this true?
Thanks in advance
Old Jun 28th 2010, 7:29 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: N. I. E.

They are issued for life and do not need to be renewed.

They are issued to non residents and residents and there is no difference.
Old Jun 28th 2010, 7:50 pm
lic
Forum Regular

lic is just really nicelic is just really nicelic is just really nicelic is just really nicelic is just really nicelic is just really nicelic is just really nicelic is just really nicelic is just really nicelic is just really nicelic is just really nice

Great Thanks Fred
Old Jun 30th 2010, 9:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Rotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond repute

I guess those residents going back to the UK have to de register/ become non residents? All at the same office?
Old Jun 30th 2010, 10:12 am

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rotor
I guess those residents going back to the UK have to de register/ become non residents? All at the same office?
Yes, you use the same form that was used for the registration - EX16.

There is a "baja" box which you tick.
Old Jun 30th 2010, 11:00 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fred James
Yes, you use the same form that was used for the registration - EX16.

There is a "baja" box which you tick.
I wonder how many actually do?
Old Jun 30th 2010, 11:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Rotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lynnxa
I wonder how many actually do?
Very few I`d say but if they come back they could find they have some huge tax bill`s/fines etc
Old Jun 30th 2010, 5:26 pm

Very few I`d say but if they come back they could find they have some huge tax bill`s/fines etc
Not really likely - the current registration requirement has nothing whatsoever to to do with tax residency.
Old Jul 1st 2010, 8:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Not really likely - the current registration requirement has nothing whatsoever to to do with tax residency.

I know of one autonomo who went back to the UK and did not go on bajo with his SS payments, consequently the car he owned but sold to a mate suddenly had an embargo on it for 5 k, double the cars value ,his mate really wishes he had done the transfer berfore he left!!!
Old Jul 1st 2010, 8:46 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

I know of one autonomo who went back to the UK and did not go on bajo with his SS payments, consequently the car he owned but sold to a mate suddenly had an embargo on it for 5 k, double the cars value ,his mate really wishes he had done the transfer berfore he left!!!
but that's different to telling them you no longer live here vis the resident list

I have a sneaky feeling that it would be expecting too much for one department to be talking to another
Old Jul 3rd 2010, 10:07 am
BE Enthusiast

ForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to all

Can anyone please tell me if you apply for NIE, you automatically also get the residencia? I'm sure I read it in this forum ages ago but I don't seem to be able to find the thread/post that the new NIE & residencia are both in 1 form.

Thanks.
Old Jul 3rd 2010, 10:24 am

If you have been in Spain, or intend to be, for more than 90 days, then you apply for the new certificate of registration using form EX16. If you do not already have an NIE you will be given one then.

http://www.mir.es/SGACAVT/modelos/ex...anje/ex_16.pdf

If you wish to get an NIE but have no intention of staying for more than 90 days you can apply solely for an NIE using form EX14

http://www.mir.es/SGACAVT/modelos/ex...anje/ex_14.pdf
Old Jul 3rd 2010, 4:34 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

If you have been in Spain, or intend to be, for more than 90 days, then you apply for the new certificate of registration using form EX16. If you do not already have an NIE you will be given one then.

http://www.mir.es/SGACAVT/modelos/ex...anje/ex_16.pdf

If you wish to get an NIE but have no intention of staying for more than 90 days you can apply solely for an NIE using form EX14

http://www.mir.es/SGACAVT/modelos/ex...anje/ex_14.pdf
Speaking to a neighbour earlier, he told me he has lived here for years and has only an NIE number. He still is resident in the UK and gets UK health as he has none here (pre retirement). He has got his non resident kids in the UK to get NIE numbers as he says that will solve the problem of inheritance tax when he pops his clogs.
Old Jul 3rd 2010, 5:23 pm

That's a very valid point about IHT.

It's difficult enough sorting out the mess that Spanish IHT can create but until you have an NIE you cannot inherit anything.

Best to sort out NIEs when the kids are in Spain as it is possible to do it in the UK but a real hassle.
Old Jul 3rd 2010, 5:36 pm
Forum Regular

finca steve has much to be proud offinca steve has much to be proud offinca steve has much to be proud offinca steve has much to be proud offinca steve has much to be proud offinca steve has much to be proud offinca steve has much to be proud offinca steve has much to be proud offinca steve has much to be proud offinca steve has much to be proud offinca steve has much to be proud of

[QUOTE=Fred James;8663514]They are issued for life and do not need to be renewed.

QUOTE]

Fred if they don't have to be renewed, why then am I being asked to do so in an email from (and I quote):

El servicio de certifcados Electronicos de la Fabrica National de Moneda y Timbre

or is this is an email scam in order to get my digi signature?

I cant work it out.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.