Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

My road trip to Alicante...

My road trip to Alicante...

Old May 27th 2021, 9:54 am
  #16  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Apr 2021
Posts: 75
Sandm4n is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: My road trip to Alicante...

Originally Posted by terrygriff View Post
Hi Sandm4n, quick question about how much your animal health certificate cost, was it £160GBP for the standard form or did you have some vaccinations as part of that cost?

Asking as we hope to travel with 3 dogs in October so trying to understand the costs.

Cheers
The £160 was only for the health check and documents, no vaccination required if you vaccinate your dogs regulary.
Sandm4n is offline  
Old May 29th 2021, 10:34 am
  #17  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Apr 2021
Posts: 124
Alfonsocolli is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: My road trip to Alicante...

Thanks for the heads up Sandman, well done!
although no one stopped you, did you still apply for a customs clearance document, together with an itemised packing list.
and did you also apply for the NIE before hand.
as I've been told I need the above in order to enter Spain as well as having to pay 21% tax on my personal belongings.
And finally, did your dog get a rabies vaccine as well?
We are planning to move in October
TIA
Alfonsocolli is offline  
Old May 29th 2021, 4:07 pm
  #18  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Apr 2021
Posts: 75
Sandm4n is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: My road trip to Alicante...

Originally Posted by Alfonsocolli View Post
Thanks for the heads up Sandman, well done!
although no one stopped you, did you still apply for a customs clearance document, together with an itemised packing list.
and did you also apply for the NIE before hand.
as I've been told I need the above in order to enter Spain as well as having to pay 21% tax on my personal belongings.
And finally, did your dog get a rabies vaccine as well?
We are planning to move in October
TIA
I didn't apply for any customs clearance, not in Spain and not in France (I preapered a packing list but nobody asked for it), I applied only for a NIE (which nobody asked me to present) in the Spanish embassy in Manchester and recieved it 10 days later.
There was no border control/passport check point or anything a like when I passed to Spain from France.
I vaccinate my dog regularly so there was no need for any vaccination for him, only a health check.
Sandm4n is offline  
Old May 29th 2021, 9:52 pm
  #19  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Apr 2021
Posts: 124
Alfonsocolli is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: My road trip to Alicante...

Originally Posted by Sandm4n View Post
I didn't apply for any customs clearance, not in Spain and not in France (I preapered a packing list but nobody asked for it), I applied only for a NIE (which nobody asked me to present) in the Spanish embassy in Manchester and recieved it 10 days later.
There was no border control/passport check point or anything a like when I passed to Spain from France.
I vaccinate my dog regularly so there was no need for any vaccination for him, only a health check.
Well done mate
I wish you all the best in Spain 🙏.
Hope it works out for you there.
Alfonsocolli is offline  
Old May 30th 2021, 9:38 am
  #20  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Apr 2021
Posts: 75
Sandm4n is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: My road trip to Alicante...

Originally Posted by Alfonsocolli View Post
Well done mate
I wish you all the best in Spain 🙏.
Hope it works out for you there.
Thank you, I wish you the same.
Sandm4n is offline  
Old May 30th 2021, 3:13 pm
  #21  
DLC
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 517
DLC is just really niceDLC is just really niceDLC is just really niceDLC is just really niceDLC is just really niceDLC is just really niceDLC is just really niceDLC is just really niceDLC is just really niceDLC is just really niceDLC is just really nice
Default Re: My road trip to Alicante...

You need residency, not just a simple NIE (white A4 letter), to avoid having to pay customs charges on what you bring in to Spain.

So if you are stopped by Aduanas, you need to show either the green certficate/TIE or the resguardo to get one.

Good luck!
DLC is offline  
Old Oct 5th 2021, 9:49 am
  #22  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Jun 2020
Posts: 11
xande is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: My road trip to Alicante...

Thanks for the update Sandm4n - hope it's all working out!

Please can anyone who managed to get an NIE appointment in the UK PM me how they asked for it and what proof they provided that they needed one? I initially said it was for a house purchase and I was told it's only valid for 3 months so they wouldn't issue one unless I show proof of a deposit on a property, which I don't have. So hoping there's another way.

Thanks!
xande is offline  
Old Oct 5th 2021, 10:18 am
  #23  
MODERATOR
 
Rosemary's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: Costa Valencia
Posts: 14,327
Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My road trip to Alicante...

Originally Posted by xande View Post
Thanks for the update Sandm4n - hope it's all working out!

Please can anyone who managed to get an NIE appointment in the UK PM me how they asked for it and what proof they provided that they needed one? I initially said it was for a house purchase and I was told it's only valid for 3 months so they wouldn't issue one unless I show proof of a deposit on a property, which I don't have. So hoping there's another way.

Thanks!
I suggest that you open a new thread with this question.

Rosemary
Rosemary is offline  
Old Oct 5th 2021, 10:33 am
  #24  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Apr 2021
Posts: 124
Alfonsocolli is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: My road trip to Alicante...

Originally Posted by xande View Post
Thanks for the update Sandm4n - hope it's all working out!

Please can anyone who managed to get an NIE appointment in the UK PM me how they asked for it and what proof they provided that they needed one? I initially said it was for a house purchase and I was told it's only valid for 3 months so they wouldn't issue one unless I show proof of a deposit on a property, which I don't have. So hoping there's another way.

Thanks!
Hi
There are 3 options.

1. You do it yourself through the spanish embassy in the UK.
2. You give power of attorney to a Spanish lawyer in Spain and they do it for you in advance/before you arrive in Spain.
3. You do it yourself once you're in Spain, but I would advise booking the appoint well in advance, as in certain areas it takes up to 2 months for an appointment.

And as far as I know, the NIE does not have an expiry date.

Hope this helps
​​

Last edited by Rosemary; Oct 5th 2021 at 11:10 am. Reason: inserted the correct quote
Alfonsocolli is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.