Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

My move on hold

My move on hold

Old Apr 27th 2007, 9:46 am
Smarties

SmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really nice
Default My move on hold

Just to let you all know my move to Spain is now officially on hold. We have taken our house off the market here in the UK for the time being as we have decided the timing is not right. Couple of things private but also the current situation in Spain with the recent news of property developers having problems (crash?) mean we are adopting a wait and see approach. Also some of those stories you see on the TV around land grabs are really scary stuff. I mean people buying places with all the paperwork in place and still getting the homes taken from under their feet now thats scary stuff May wait until some changes in the law come in to prevent this from happening in the future.

Oh well I am NOT upset about it as this is our decision and it feels right at this point in time I just thank god I pulled out of that new villa at Hondon at the last minute. Nothing wrong with Hondon but reckon in view of recent developments there will be some bargains to be had in the very near future.

Later all
Old Apr 27th 2007, 9:52 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My move on hold

Originally Posted by SmartiesUK
Just to let you all know my move to Spain is now officially on hold. We have taken our house off the market here in the UK for the time being as we have decided the timing is not right. Couple of things private but also the current situation in Spain with the recent news of property developers having problems (crash?) mean we are adopting a wait and see approach. Also some of those stories you see on the TV around land grabs are really scary stuff. I mean people buying places with all the paperwork in place and still getting the homes taken from under their feet now thats scary stuff May wait until some changes in the law come in to prevent this from happening in the future.

Oh well I am NOT upset about it as this is our decision and it feels right at this point in time I just thank god I pulled out of that new villa at Hondon at the last minute. Nothing wrong with Hondon but reckon in view of recent developments there will be some bargains to be had in the very near future.

Later all
You have to go with what feels right for you at any given time. If the timing is not right it is not right and that is all there is to it. Bit of a fatalist so hence my reply.

Good Luck

Rosemary
Old Apr 27th 2007, 10:04 am
No es moco de pavo

Elle1971 has a reputation beyond reputeElle1971 has a reputation beyond reputeElle1971 has a reputation beyond reputeElle1971 has a reputation beyond reputeElle1971 has a reputation beyond reputeElle1971 has a reputation beyond reputeElle1971 has a reputation beyond reputeElle1971 has a reputation beyond reputeElle1971 has a reputation beyond reputeElle1971 has a reputation beyond reputeElle1971 has a reputation beyond repute

Well done on making what could be a sad decision. You know what's right for you - and as has been already said... timing is everything!

It'll happen for you when it's meant to.

Hugs, Elle xx
Old Apr 27th 2007, 10:08 am
Forum Regular

BriscasBetterHalf has a brilliant futureBriscasBetterHalf has a brilliant futureBriscasBetterHalf has a brilliant futureBriscasBetterHalf has a brilliant futureBriscasBetterHalf has a brilliant futureBriscasBetterHalf has a brilliant future

Do what feels right for you Smarties.
Just means you will have a bigger bankroll in the future after ploughing your poker winnings in too.
We will meet up sometime on the tables promise. Although I can't promise it will increase your "wedge"
Stay lucky
Old Apr 27th 2007, 10:08 am
Forum Regular

Kyla is just really niceKyla is just really niceKyla is just really niceKyla is just really niceKyla is just really niceKyla is just really niceKyla is just really niceKyla is just really niceKyla is just really niceKyla is just really nice

Originally Posted by Elle1971
Well done on making what could be a sad decision. You know what's right for you - and as has been already said... timing is everything!

It'll happen for you when it's meant to.

Hugs, Elle xx
As Elle said, a sad decision, but you have to trust your instincts in these situations, better than making a decision you will later regret.
Old Apr 27th 2007, 10:26 am
Smarties

SmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really nice

Originally Posted by Kyla
As Elle said, a sad decision, but you have to trust your instincts in these situations, better than making a decision you will later regret.
Hehe I am on now actually (woops this was meant for Brisca post above lol)

Last edited by SmartiesUK; Apr 27th 2007 at 10:39 am.
Old Apr 27th 2007, 10:28 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

The trip to Egypt with you know who must have made you realise what a disaster it would be!
Old Apr 27th 2007, 10:39 am
Young at heart

jandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond repute

May wait until some changes in the law come in to prevent this from happening in the future.

Later all
Morning Smartiesuk

Have you been watching that program on Tuesday evening "Selling houses Abroad" it is very worrying what is happening out there,I mean there are hundreds in a mess because of the illegal building,there is so much corruption about.We have decided not to buy yet either,we will rent intially until we feel confident enough to buy.When you watch programs like that it does make you wonder who you can trust,you have to be very careful ,I would never trust a solicitor that is tied to a estate agent,I mean you would not do that here.It does make you feel very cautious ,I sometimes wonder whether it would be safer to buy some land and build our own.Have you seen the pictures of Bigbudda,s place,its going to be really nice.I hope they do get to sort Spain and the corruption out,but I think it will be something that will take a long time,we could all be somewhere else by then,in the meantime there is a lot of rentals,so I think its a good idea to rent and invest our capital until we decide whether to buy or not.
I felt so sorry for the couple on Tues.who were going to have their house demolished ,they have just lost everything they have worked for all their lives,and there were a lot of others in the same predicament Its terrifying to think just how many illeagal developments there are.I mean he said on Tuesday to that couple that they could claim compensation,and how long would that take!!!!!!! and the fact remains would they get all their money back,I very much doupt it.It also begs the question ,when they demolish their house ,where do they go?? with little or no money,I doupt very much whether the council would want to know here.So do they end up living with relatives? It raises a lot of questions,dosent it
Old Apr 27th 2007, 1:34 pm
Smarties

Originally Posted by jandy44
Morning Smartiesuk

Have you been watching that program on Tuesday evening "Selling houses Abroad"
Yup thats the same one. It was terrible what happened to that old couple and they had done everything by the book so far as I could tell anyway
Old Apr 27th 2007, 1:46 pm
Young at heart

jandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond repute

Yup thats the same one. It was terrible what happened to that old couple and they had done everything by the book so far as I could tell anyway
Have you not considered renting,it seems such a shame cause you seemed has if you were looking forward to the move,I mean we are not getting any younger,and goodness knows how long it is going to take to sort the problem out!!!!
Old Apr 27th 2007, 10:13 pm
Banned

Big Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond repute

Later all

Hi Smarties

Welcome back by the way ,
I think you are doing the right thing with the recent press lately , I reckon very soon some bargains will appear as you say ..

Even i am thinking maybe rent first and see what real bargains appear , i shall be putting some real cheeky offers in just to test the market .who knows may even get mega lucky and grab a real bargain

So the holiday certainly did you good
Old Apr 28th 2007, 12:34 am
Forum Regular

Big_john is just really niceBig_john is just really niceBig_john is just really niceBig_john is just really niceBig_john is just really niceBig_john is just really niceBig_john is just really niceBig_john is just really niceBig_john is just really niceBig_john is just really nice

Originally Posted by Big Pete
Hi Smarties

Welcome back by the way ,
I think you are doing the right thing with the recent press lately , I reckon very soon some bargains will appear as you say ..

Even i am thinking maybe rent first and see what real bargains appear , i shall be putting some real cheeky offers in just to test the market .who knows may even get mega lucky and grab a real bargain

So the holiday certainly did you good
Big Pete,

Mallorca will never change, whatever you think .. because the Germans and the Brits that are there will never change their prices

Property prices will alway's go up

It is all the better for me cause I live there, and will alway's get the better than you ..............I live there and will alway's have some bargains & so will the people in Mallorca
Old Apr 28th 2007, 9:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Miss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
You know what the right decision is for you and your family and i wish you the best of luck
xxxxxx