Murcia

Old Aug 16th 2009, 5:33 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Murcia

Looking to take a 2/3 day break. Never been to Murcia
Impressions please? What kind of a city is it?
Old Aug 16th 2009, 5:40 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Murcia

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
no idea

only went to Ikea

don't suppose that helps much, does it?

you're just trying to get out of classes again anyway lol
Old Aug 16th 2009, 6:44 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lynnxa
no idea

only went to Ikea

don't suppose that helps much, does it?

you're just trying to get out of classes again anyway lol
Ha! No, this will be when the friends are here when we are missing them anyway.
Old Aug 16th 2009, 6:47 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

ok - permission granted

the OH has spent a little bit of time down there I think

I'll ask him

Last edited by lynnxa; Aug 16th 2009 at 6:50 pm.
Old Aug 16th 2009, 7:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Veleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to behold

Granada must be within a sensible drive for you I would have thought? That would be a great place to take the visitors.

I've just been studying the map to see what you have around...definitely don't go to Albacete...famous nationally for its crapness. I've never been to Valencia which is on your doorstep - is that no good for them? Or perhaps you wanted to go a bit further from home.

How about taking a boat across to one of the smaller Balearic islands?
Old Aug 16th 2009, 7:04 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

Originally Posted by Veleta
Granada must be within a sensible drive for you I would have thought? That would be a great place to take the visitors.

I've just been studying the map to see what you have around...definitely don't go to Albacete...famous nationally for its crapness. I've never been to Valencia which is on your doorstep - is that no good for them? Or perhaps you wanted to go a bit further from home.

mitz has a wunderlust - he'll want to go somewhere new
Old Aug 16th 2009, 7:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

montgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond repute

Did you ever get to San Francisco?
Old Aug 16th 2009, 7:43 pm
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

Murcia doesn't have much for tourists, even discerning ones (apart from IKEA). Cartagena has more history and historic places to visit, and it's not far from Murcia city. Valencia is much nicer than either of them.
Old Aug 16th 2009, 7:54 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

Originally Posted by HBG
Murcia doesn't have much for tourists, even discerning ones (apart from IKEA). Cartagena has more history and historic places to visit, and it's not far from Murcia city. Valencia is much nicer than either of them.
I went on a coach shopping trip they run from here - saw the motorway & the shops!!
Old Aug 16th 2009, 10:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Relampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond repute

I believe that it is a quite beautiful city. Very unknown, the same as the rest of the province. Punished by the politics of this country, has one of the best hospitals in Spain, Reina Sofía Hospital

http://www.spaincenter.org/turismo-s...rcia-fotos.htm

Last edited by Relampago; Aug 16th 2009 at 10:10 pm.
Old Aug 16th 2009, 10:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

vox populia is a jewel in the roughvox populia is a jewel in the roughvox populia is a jewel in the roughvox populia is a jewel in the roughvox populia is a jewel in the rough

Murcia city is full of typical moors and christian structures, but very nice, however, if you go south to the 'Mar Menor' area, you will find good places to swim and dine explore ect, both in and out of the coastline. For further info just reply we know the area very well.
Regards, Mac & pollie
Old Aug 17th 2009, 5:10 am
Forum Regular

jenna m is just really nicejenna m is just really nicejenna m is just really nicejenna m is just really nicejenna m is just really nicejenna m is just really nicejenna m is just really nicejenna m is just really nice

I have heard that the food is v. good in Murcia. Stopped to change buses once on the way down south, people were very friendly.
Granada is a great city for a visit - 2 trains a day leave from Valencia.
I have taken the overnight train a few times, always an interesting experience!
Happy travelling.
Old Aug 17th 2009, 8:10 am
BE Enthusiast

digdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Veleta

i've been to albacete a few times, and i loved it. i certainly wouldnt call it crap. lots going on, great tapas bars (ie the free tapas type) and very clean.
we were with spanish friends, though.
hows about elche? its meant to be pretty historical - plu shoe heaven for the ladies......
DD
Old Aug 17th 2009, 11:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Green_shutters has much to be proud ofGreen_shutters has much to be proud ofGreen_shutters has much to be proud ofGreen_shutters has much to be proud ofGreen_shutters has much to be proud ofGreen_shutters has much to be proud ofGreen_shutters has much to be proud ofGreen_shutters has much to be proud ofGreen_shutters has much to be proud ofGreen_shutters has much to be proud ofGreen_shutters has much to be proud of

My daughter spent a year there at the university. She thought it a lovely place and so did we when we visited.
Old Aug 17th 2009, 11:58 am
BE Forum Addict

montgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond repute

No first hand knowledge, but I had a long conversation with a woman who lives in the city and she praised it highly.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.