Mums house

Old May 12th 2015, 2:24 pm
Just Joined

Mccheyne is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Mums house

Hi all, My mother has a beautiful 3 bed villa in Costa Del Sol in a beautiful place called Vinuella. Its far to big for her now although she loves it. We are trying to encourage her back to the UK so we can take better care of her since my father passed away 7 years ago.

I need help with two thing please;

1. Comment about mothers house removed by Rosemary because advertising is not allowed.

2. What options does she have getting help with living accommodation in the UK long term if she cant sell her house. She can of course stay with me or my siblings short term. She has been in Spain over 10 years.

Thanks guys Lisa
Attached Thumbnails Mums house-10924794_948195625192009_8513246963300562143_n.jpg  

Last edited by Rosemary; May 12th 2015 at 2:45 pm.
Old May 12th 2015, 2:45 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mums house

Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst BEVS moderates Europe. Moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old May 12th 2015, 2:46 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Lisa, you are welcome to use the classified section in order to advertise your mothers house but you cannot do this on the forum itself. Good luck with your endeavours.

Rosemary
Old May 12th 2015, 2:46 pm
Just Joined

Thanks Rosemary.
Old May 12th 2015, 2:56 pm
Just Joined

Ok great thank you. But hopefully the other questions I have may be answered on this post?
Old May 12th 2015, 3:01 pm

Originally Posted by Mccheyne
Ok great thank you. But hopefully the other questions I have may be answered on this post?
I hope that someone will be able to help you. It may be worth you asking whether any members know good estate agents in the area.

Rosemary
Old May 13th 2015, 4:43 am
BE Enthusiast

chrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Mums house

Originally Posted by Mccheyne
Hi all, My mother has a beautiful 3 bed villa in Costa Del Sol in a beautiful place called Vinuella. Its far to big for her now although she loves it. We are trying to encourage her back to the UK so we can take better care of her since my father passed away 7 years ago.

I need help with two thing please;

1. Comment about mothers house removed by Rosemary because advertising is not allowed.

2. What options does she have getting help with living accommodation in the UK long term if she cant sell her house. She can of course stay with me or my siblings short term. She has been in Spain over 10 years.

Thanks guys Lisa
Hi Lisa, You said you are encouraging your Mother to sell but does she really want to? She may be very happy staying in the house. If it is getting unmanageable for her then she could find a cleaner to help. If you decide to sell then sell it cheap because thats going to be the only way at the moment. Get some agents in and then reduce the price straight away as they always overprice. If she does go back to the UK there are no other choices than private residential care or buying a small property in a supervised community.
Old May 13th 2015, 7:24 am
Just Joined

Thank you. We have all discussed the options that you have mentioned above. She has a cleaner, a gardener a pool cleaner etc, but this isn't financially viable anymore. She wants to come home as a lot of her friends have also left. We have also reduced the price dramatically. We are looking into the option of long term let.