Movistar/O2

Old Feb 16th 2024, 7:11 am
BE Enthusiast

SanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Movistar/O2

I see Starlink is now down to 40/month or 50 including the equipment. Sounds like a good deal for those living outside of fibre enabled areas.
Old Feb 16th 2024, 7:38 am
BE Enthusiast

olivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SanNico
I see Starlink is now down to 40/month or 50 including the equipment. Sounds like a good deal for those living outside of fibre enabled areas.
Hispasat is 35 euros a month including IVA. Free instal. Unlimited though when you exceed a threshold, speed is reduced but still streams TV. It is part of a Spanish government scheme to get fast internet to areas with no copper/fibre.
Old Feb 21st 2024, 2:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

bfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fred James
O2 now offer the same package, without the obligatory (free) basic TV package to approx €25/mth less. I changed over yesterday and all the changes were made within 5 minutes. No change of router or phone numbers
I did the exact same in our town house, it used to be cheaper, but now its crept up to 65/month for landline/fibre/100gb mobile, then i have a 2nd mobile for 10 more.
Old Feb 21st 2024, 2:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

bfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by olivefarmer
Hispasat is 35 euros a month including IVA. Free instal.
Apples and oranges olive, sorry - hispasat gives what, upto 20mbs? With line of sight to a tower.

Star Link is 150mbs-300mbs and it can be used anywhere in the world, pointing up to the sky.

35 or 50, for 10x the speed, im sure 99% of people will agree which is better.

But that's not the point of this thread, so back to movistar and 02
Old Feb 21st 2024, 7:16 pm
DLC
BE Forum Addict

DLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond repute

On the other hand Starlink barely has customer service and involves giving money to Elon Musk.
Old Feb 23rd 2024, 5:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

olivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bfg69bug
Apples and oranges olive, sorry - hispasat gives what, upto 20mbs? With line of sight to a tower.

Star Link is 150mbs-300mbs and it can be used anywhere in the world, pointing up to the sky.

35 or 50, for 10x the speed, im sure 99% of people will agree which is better.

But that's not the point of this thread, so back to movistar and 02
jaja. It must be a tall tower to be up in space. The clue is in the name. HispaSAT . We get between 59 to 103 mbs . Dont know why it changes but I have had to remake the connection to the router from the dish when I moved the router.

perhaps a revisit of the maths. ?

35 and no instal for quite adequate 100 mbs or 50 for the Elon Musk offering. Apples and apples.

I only posted about Hispasat to help anyone out in the campo that might be struggling with 4G internet with all its vagaries. Hey ho
Old Feb 27th 2024, 10:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by olivefarmer
jaja. It must be a tall tower to be up in space. The clue is in the name. HispaSAT . We get between 59 to 103 mbs . Dont know why it changes but I have had to remake the connection to the router from the dish when I moved the router.

perhaps a revisit of the maths. ?

35 and no instal for quite adequate 100 mbs or 50 for the Elon Musk offering. Apples and apples.

I only posted about Hispasat to help anyone out in the campo that might be struggling with 4G internet with all its vagaries. Hey ho
my apologies olive, I assumed it was a line of sight system like we have here in the guadalhorce valley - we normally only get 20mb/s with ours, any big dowloads take hours.

Regards, James aka bfg69bug aka spanish_lad
Old Feb 28th 2024, 7:25 am
BE Enthusiast