Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Movistar ... Excellent service

Movistar ... Excellent service

Old Feb 8th 2011, 1:42 pm
Forum Regular

neilwturner is just really niceneilwturner is just really niceneilwturner is just really niceneilwturner is just really niceneilwturner is just really niceneilwturner is just really niceneilwturner is just really niceneilwturner is just really nice
Default Movistar ... Excellent service

Got through to a Movistar "English" speaker quite easily yesterday and reported a problem with our phone at 4pm. Movistar said "it will be fixed in next 24 hours. Sure enough, a technician arrived at our door at noon today and fixed the problem in about 15 minutes.

Excellent service from call centre and technical people ... well done
Old Feb 8th 2011, 6:11 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Movistar ... Excellent service

Originally Posted by neilwturner
Excellent service from call centre and technical people ... well done
Yes they are usually pretty good - but if it is an ADSL problem they are truly awful!
Old Feb 8th 2011, 6:25 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fred James
Yes they are usually pretty good - but if it is an ADSL problem they are truly awful!
I am waiting for a return call from them now as I can`t access the email setup page.
Although I have my movistar username and password, I have to contact Telefonica to give me a Telefonica username and password to access the Movistar control panel.
Everytime I type in Telefonica it goes to movistar site.
Old Feb 9th 2011, 8:58 am
Forum Regular

goaty has a brilliant futuregoaty has a brilliant futuregoaty has a brilliant futuregoaty has a brilliant futuregoaty has a brilliant futuregoaty has a brilliant future

That is certainly a result from one of the world's worst companies.
Old Feb 9th 2011, 10:26 am
Forum Regular

Razorbill has a spectacular aura aboutRazorbill has a spectacular aura aboutRazorbill has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Fred James
Tell me about it! After five days a man arrived to fix the ADSL who only spoke Spanish. We had two lines which worked fine except for the ADSL. At 7.00 pm when he finally gave up we had no working telephone and bits of unconnected wire all over the house and garden. A different guy called the next afternoon and put it all back buit the ADSL was still very s-l-o-w. Changed to a new supplier for telephone and ADSL now. Tech guys speak English and everything works well, touch wood.
Old Feb 9th 2011, 12:59 pm
Just Joined

dave_easylifespain is an unknown quantity at this point

You've been very lucky with Movistar, the worst company i have had the misfortune to deal with on both a personal and business level.

jdr - telefonica and movistar are the same company, they have recently rebranded everything under the movistar name because the telefonica brand is associated with bad service.
Old Feb 9th 2011, 4:03 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dave_easylifespain
You've been very lucky with Movistar, the worst company i have had the misfortune to deal with on both a personal and business level.

jdr - telefonica and movistar are the same company, they have recently rebranded everything under the movistar name because the telefonica brand is associated with bad service.
I know, I have a Movistar username and password, I can get into Mi Movistar private area, access my bills etc but can`t get into the control panel.
I phoned techno and he said I need a Telefonica username and password, he would sort it and phone me back, still waiting.......
Old Feb 9th 2011, 5:48 pm
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
I know, I have a Movistar username and password, I can get into Mi Movistar private area, access my bills etc but can`t get into the control panel.
I phoned techno and he said I need a Telefonica username and password, he would sort it and phone me back, still waiting.......
when I had this problem, I found that either my telefonica or my movistar details worked, interchangeably.

So, my telefonica userid etc. takes me to "mi movistar".
Old Feb 9th 2011, 6:31 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

Originally Posted by snikpoh
when I had this problem, I found that either my telefonica or my movistar details worked, interchangeably.

So, my telefonica userid etc. takes me to "mi movistar".
but my Movistar username is just part of the phone number, to get into the control panel it needs an email addy on the end of the username.
Attached Thumbnails Movistar ... Excellent service-screenhunter_01-feb.-09-20.24.gif