Reload this Page >

movistar in English

movistar in English

Old Oct 31st 2006, 5:47 am
Just Joined

zinneken is an unknown quantity at this point
Default movistar in English

Hello,

On my latest trip to Spain I bought a movistar SIM card. However, no instructions in English nor any explanation from the vendor on how to set the movistar customer service 609, voicemail 123 and credit balance 133 in English.

Some web sites claim it is possible to have these in English, but since I didn't know about these web sites until I started searching how to change the language to English ... they don't want to help (so I'll never actually buy something from them, such as top ups or if I ever loose the sim buy a new one from them).

So, does anyone know how to change 609, 123 and 133 in English? I can get someone that speaks Spanish to do it for me, but I need to know how it is done.

Thanks!
Old Oct 31st 2006, 6:31 am
Forum Regular

maryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nice
Default Re: movistar in English

Originally Posted by zinneken
Hello,

On my latest trip to Spain I bought a movistar SIM card. However, no instructions in English nor any explanation from the vendor on how to set the movistar customer service 609, voicemail 123 and credit balance 133 in English.

Some web sites claim it is possible to have these in English, but since I didn't know about these web sites until I started searching how to change the language to English ... they don't want to help (so I'll never actually buy something from them, such as top ups or if I ever loose the sim buy a new one from them).

So, does anyone know how to change 609, 123 and 133 in English? I can get someone that speaks Spanish to do it for me, but I need to know how it is done.

Thanks!
We bought a movistar sim in October....the guy at the shop activated it for me in the shop.....to change the language 'cambio de idioma' dial 220 and listen for the English option. From then on if you dial 230 you will get your balance and any other enqiiries in Engish, however you are limited to only one free balance enquiry per day. Sorry I can't help any more.
I have a problem myself....I put 50 euros credit on at the shop and the girl gave me a reciept.....but the credit doesn't appear to have gone onto the phone. I put another 5 euros on in one of the machines (the shop was shut and we were going back to uk) and that went on immediatly. Is there something I should have done? Here a paper top up you enter the serial number.
Mary
Old Oct 31st 2006, 6:38 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by maryg
We bought a movistar sim in October....the guy at the shop activated it for me in the shop.....to change the language 'cambio de idioma' dial 220 and listen for the English option. From then on if you dial 230 you will get your balance and any other enqiiries in Engish, however you are limited to only one free balance enquiry per day. Sorry I can't help any more.
I have a problem myself....I put 50 euros credit on at the shop and the girl gave me a reciept.....but the credit doesn't appear to have gone onto the phone. I put another 5 euros on in one of the machines (the shop was shut and we were going back to uk) and that went on immediatly. Is there something I should have done? Here a paper top up you enter the serial number.
Mary
Keep the receipt and take it back to the shop when you return, they can check back to see if it went on. The phone usually beeps and lets you know its on while you are still in the shop. Did you give her the right number ? it will be on the receipt.
Old Oct 31st 2006, 6:57 am
Structural Surveyor

Hillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond repute

There are some paper top ups here too where you manually have to enter the code you've been given Why not give it a go!?
Old Oct 31st 2006, 10:14 am
Forum Regular

maryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nice

Originally Posted by jdr
Keep the receipt and take it back to the shop when you return, they can check back to see if it went on. The phone usually beeps and lets you know its on while you are still in the shop. Did you give her the right number ? it will be on the receipt.

I have kept the reciept, and the phone number is correct.It didn't beep....I did try phoning movistar but couldn't make myself understood (though I did try really hard to explain and all in Spanish) and eventually the opperator hung up me .....

There are some paper top ups here too where you manually have to enter the code you've been given Why not give it a go!?

I'm scared of doing something wrong! I know, I'm a wuss! I'll take it into the shop.....the young girl there can sort it out. We are going over on Monday....the big one way trip!!!!!
Old Oct 31st 2006, 12:01 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

I have kept the reciept, and the phone number is correct.It didn't beep....I did try phoning movistar but couldn't make myself understood (though I did try really hard to explain and all in Spanish) and eventually the opperator hung up me .....

I'm scared of doing something wrong! I know, I'm a wuss! I'll take it into the shop.....the young girl there can sort it out. We are going over on Monday....the big one way trip!!!!!
I had them do that for me the first few times, but now do my tops ups myself using the paper top up things. You just type in the number, dont wait or connect, just type in everything, for Movistar it's 555 then the code, I made the mistake of typing in 555 first, then connecting thinking they would ask for the code. Girl behind the desk put me right, so I do it myself now.
Old Nov 1st 2006, 7:26 am
Rob in Madrid

tim hortons man is just really nicetim hortons man is just really nicetim hortons man is just really nicetim hortons man is just really nicetim hortons man is just really nicetim hortons man is just really nicetim hortons man is just really nicetim hortons man is just really nice

I have a problem myself....I put 50 euros credit on at the shop and the girl gave me a reciept.....but the credit doesn't appear to have gone onto the phone. I
Mary
I did the same thing only with 5 euros, turns out I had written down the wrong number :scared: someone got some free credit on my behalf.

I bought my phone used and the guy set it to English right away, then latter someone set the voice language to English, was wierd after months of hearing Spanish to hear English all of a sudden.

Does anyone know if you can set telefoncia voice mail to English?
Old Nov 1st 2006, 7:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Miss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
Are the rates good on the pay as you go phones in spain, to be fair thats one thing i have not thought about
Old Nov 1st 2006, 8:42 am
BE Enthusiast

mrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: movistar in English

Originally Posted by tim hortons man
I did the same thing only with 5 euros, turns out I had written down the wrong number :scared: someone got some free credit on my behalf.

I bought my phone used and the guy set it to English right away, then latter someone set the voice language to English, was wierd after months of hearing Spanish to hear English all of a sudden.

If you go on telefonica in english site you can download the instructions to change telefonica voice mail to english, also record your own message, very easy and take about two minutes to do.
Old Nov 1st 2006, 12:21 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tim hortons man

Here you go Canuck Telefonica manual in English Email John and say thank you

Last edited by jdr; Nov 1st 2006 at 12:26 pm.