Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

moving from usa to spain

moving from usa to spain

Old Oct 4th 2006, 11:15 am
loving life in spain

chirivel is an unknown quantity at this point
Default moving from usa to spain

has anyone from britain moved from usa to spain i want some advice on customs for my inlaws thankyou
Old Oct 8th 2006, 6:17 pm
Just Joined

Juanito is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: moving from usa to spain

Originally Posted by chirivel
has anyone from britain moved from usa to spain i want some advice on customs for my inlaws thankyou
I moved from the US to Spain 4 years ago. What exactly did you want to know.
Old Oct 9th 2006, 5:36 am
loving life in spain

chirivel is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Juanito
I moved from the US to Spain 4 years ago. What exactly did you want to know.
hHi Juanito
My fatherinlaw is stressing about their furniture and effects not coming from an eu country.His removal company has told him nothing must be under a year old do you know how strict they are on this?
Old Oct 9th 2006, 10:35 am

anabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Re: moving from usa to spain

I am from Spain but I live in Britain. I am now moving to US.. funny how we all move around
Old Oct 9th 2006, 8:53 pm
Just Joined

hHi Juanito
My fatherinlaw is stressing about their furniture and effects not coming from an eu country.His removal company has told him nothing must be under a year old do you know how strict they are on this?
Not sure if I'm going to be much help. I really didn't come over with all that much stuff. The dollar was really strong when I got here and so I just decided to buy new. The stuff that I did send over, I packed up and shipped myself. So, I didn't deal with a moving company.

The only real "problem" I came across in the move over was with a racing bike that I owned. I took it with me on the plane. As I was walking out the exit at the Seville airport, a couple of customs officials came up and asked me if the bike was new or used. They didn't seem to care when I purchased the bike, only if it had been used. I said it had, and that was really about all.

My guess is that custom fees are kind of a crap shoot...especially if it seems as if the item is new.

Sorry that I'm not that much help.
Old Oct 9th 2006, 8:54 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by anabella
I am from Spain but I live in Britain. I am now moving to US.. funny how we all move around
what are you going to do in the States?
Old Oct 9th 2006, 8:59 pm

anabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Juanito
what are you going to do in the States?
Hopefully work in hairdressing as soon as I can validate my qualifications and get a Colorado Cosmetology License. Here I am an Art Director at Toni & Guy. I really love it.

I have other qualifications; a BA in tourism and a MA in translation, i am not really interested in these fields but i wouldn't mind doing anything if it takes me a while to be able to work in a salon