Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Moving to Spain?We can share the van hire; we are moving back to UK July/August 09

Moving to Spain?We can share the van hire; we are moving back to UK July/August 09

Old May 15th 2009, 6:10 pm
Just Joined

johnmrobinson is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to Spain?We can share the van hire; we are moving back to UK July/August 09

After looking around and seeing the high prices of one-way van hires for moves, if you are planning on moving down to Spain sometime in late July early August then why don't we rent a van together and you do one way and I do the return.

We pay half of the costs and are both on the contract with the rental company so all is covered by the insurance. We are planning to move back to the UK from Madrid via Santander-Portsmouth ferry with our 3 cats. This is a much cheaper way to get moved without all the hassel of driving through France and petrol/hotels/food....

Let us know if you're interested!

Daria & John
Old May 15th 2009, 10:35 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to Spain?We can share the van hire; we are moving back to UK July/August 0

Originally Posted by johnmrobinson
After looking around and seeing the high prices of one-way van hires for moves, if you are planning on moving down to Spain sometime in late July early August then why don't we rent a van together and you do one way and I do the return.

We pay half of the costs and are both on the contract with the rental company so all is covered by the insurance. We are planning to move back to the UK from Madrid via Santander-Portsmouth ferry with our 3 cats. This is a much cheaper way to get moved without all the hassel of driving through France and petrol/hotels/food....

Let us know if you're interested!

Daria & John
Well one reason would be that normally all drivers have to be present at the point of rental to produce driving licences, so I doubt that will be possible unless you have some unusual dispensations .
Old May 16th 2009, 10:03 am
Just Joined

Polly2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Moving to Spain?We can share the van hire; we are moving back to UK July/August 0

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Well one reason would be that normally all drivers have to be present at the point of rental to produce driving licences, so I doubt that will be possible unless you have some unusual dispensations .
I question you here? we hire cars for any driver and they only ever want to see one licence. Are vans an exception?
Old May 16th 2009, 10:32 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Polly2
I question you here? we hire cars for any driver and they only ever want to see one licence. Are vans an exception?
Question away.
I've always been asked for drivers that are going to drive the vehicle, and judging from comments from others in the past here its a regular occurance. Its been discussed before a while back. Maybe not all companies ask, who knows, but I think I'd want to know if I was a hire company
Old May 17th 2009, 1:23 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Every driver has to show their valid licence as far as I know.
Old Jun 3rd 2009, 9:41 am
Just Joined

yorks is an unknown quantity at this point

I know its a bit soon, Depending where in the UK you are returning to but we are leaving Alicante end of june via Santander with a empty large van, PM if interested.

Regards
Old Jun 3rd 2009, 9:44 am
BE Forum Addict

valenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by yorks
I know its a bit soon, Depending where in the UK you are returning to but we are leaving Alicante end of june via Santander with a empty large van, PM if interested.

Regards
Neither of you can receive pm's because of your lack of posts. Also did you read the above regarding the logistics of needing both licenses?
Old Jun 3rd 2009, 9:55 am
Just Joined

Sorry, never realised i cant receive PM, The vehicle is mine its coming down to Spain loaded with my gear for our house but going back to UK empty,
Old Jun 3rd 2009, 10:11 am
Senior Moment

Sorry, never realised i cant receive PM, The vehicle is mine its coming down to Spain loaded with my gear for our house but going back to UK empty,
Yeah, sorry you need to make over 3 meaningful posts to be able to access the pm system here .... it's soley in place to stop spammers accessing the pm system immediately before we realise whats going on
Old Jun 3rd 2009, 11:30 am
BE Forum Addict

spain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, where is your van going back to in UK
Old Jun 3rd 2009, 2:48 pm
Just Joined

Its going back to Bradford
Old Jun 4th 2009, 4:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

vox populia is a jewel in the roughvox populia is a jewel in the roughvox populia is a jewel in the roughvox populia is a jewel in the roughvox populia is a jewel in the rough

Hi, when are you coming back to Spain if at all as I maye interested pending completion of our property in Murcia area.
Old Jun 4th 2009, 4:06 pm
Just Joined

Its going back down to Alicante from Cork, Ireland on the 18th September with a race bike on board only,

Regards
Old Jun 4th 2009, 4:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

vox populia is a jewel in the roughvox populia is a jewel in the roughvox populia is a jewel in the roughvox populia is a jewel in the roughvox populia is a jewel in the rough

Sorry whilst I come from the old coutry! I am living in Greater Manchester currently, Cheers.
Old Jun 7th 2009, 10:21 am
Forum Regular

Patrick2976 is a jewel in the roughPatrick2976 is a jewel in the roughPatrick2976 is a jewel in the roughPatrick2976 is a jewel in the roughPatrick2976 is a jewel in the rough

We're moving to the CDS (self drive) mid July with furniture. I'm looking at the logistics of renting a Luton van or maybe a 7.5 tonner. Anybody want to share it with a load back to the UK? Feel free to PM me

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.