Reload this Page >

Moving to Spain as a seafarer

Moving to Spain as a seafarer

Old Jan 27th 2022, 5:03 pm
Just Joined

callumum354 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to Spain as a seafarer

Hi guys,

im looking to buy a property in spain and live there ideally as soon as possible. I am a seafarer and currently spend around 6/7 months of the year at sea. I work around 2 months on 2 months off. I’ve had a look at the non lucrative visa but I don’t think I’d be able to meet the requirement of minimum 183 days in the country per year.

can anybody point me in another direction.

any help would be massively appreciated
Old Jan 27th 2022, 5:14 pm
Forum Regular

airways is a name known to allairways is a name known to allairways is a name known to allairways is a name known to allairways is a name known to allairways is a name known to allairways is a name known to allairways is a name known to allairways is a name known to allairways is a name known to allairways is a name known to all
Default Re: Moving to Spain as a seafarer

Originally Posted by callumum354
Hi guys,

im looking to buy a property in spain and live there ideally as soon as possible. I am a seafarer and currently spend around 6/7 months of the year at sea. I work around 2 months on 2 months off. I’ve had a look at the non lucrative visa but I don’t think I’d be able to meet the requirement of minimum 183 days in the country per year.

can anybody point me in another direction.

any help would be massively appreciated
if you work 2/2 cycle then you will be able to stay within the 90/180 rule I suspect and would not need a visa.....
Old Jan 27th 2022, 7:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bomber Harris has a reputation beyond reputeBomber Harris has a reputation beyond reputeBomber Harris has a reputation beyond reputeBomber Harris has a reputation beyond reputeBomber Harris has a reputation beyond reputeBomber Harris has a reputation beyond reputeBomber Harris has a reputation beyond reputeBomber Harris has a reputation beyond reputeBomber Harris has a reputation beyond reputeBomber Harris has a reputation beyond reputeBomber Harris has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by airways
if you work 2/2 cycle then you will be able to stay within the 90/180 rule I suspect and would not need a visa.....
Your suspicions are incorrect. At some point the relevant 180 days will include two 2 month stints in Spain and one 2 month stint out so (if every month had 30 days) would result in 120/180.
Old Jan 27th 2022, 7:33 pm
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

Where are you currently domiciled, in the UK? Do you really need residencia in Spain? Presumably you take holidays during your time off? If you are careful, you could schedule those holidays out of Schengen area to meet the 90 / 180 requirement.
Old Jan 28th 2022, 8:16 am
Just Joined

callumum354 is an unknown quantity at this point

So I’m currently from the UK. I definitely plan on spending sometime in the UK in my time off around a couple of weeks and my partner is from New Zealand so some of my time off will be there too. I never really thought about just going for the 90/180 thing so thank you. I am currently in contact with some lawyers to see what they say.
Old Jan 28th 2022, 9:15 am
Forum Regular

airways is a name known to allairways is a name known to allairways is a name known to allairways is a name known to allairways is a name known to allairways is a name known to allairways is a name known to allairways is a name known to allairways is a name known to allairways is a name known to allairways is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Bomber Harris
Your suspicions are incorrect. At some point the relevant 180 days will include two 2 month stints in Spain and one 2 month stint out so (if every month had 30 days) would result in 120/180.
Like I said, I am sure he could stay in the 90/180 and not need a visa....