Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Moving to Spain (Murcia) with kids

Moving to Spain (Murcia) with kids

Old Aug 5th 2013, 4:09 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to Spain (Murcia) with kids

Wonderful photo´s Relamparo.

Rosemary
Old Aug 5th 2013, 4:15 am
Forum Regular

flotsum has a reputation beyond reputeflotsum has a reputation beyond reputeflotsum has a reputation beyond reputeflotsum has a reputation beyond reputeflotsum has a reputation beyond reputeflotsum has a reputation beyond reputeflotsum has a reputation beyond reputeflotsum has a reputation beyond reputeflotsum has a reputation beyond reputeflotsum has a reputation beyond reputeflotsum has a reputation beyond repute

We live in inland murcia, my husband works in the UK and Spain. We are an hour away from both alicante and san javier airport and he manages to get flights all year round when he works away, mostly from alicante in the winter as they have a better winter provision. The summer is very hot, its a case of early morning and late nights and relaxing in the cool during the long middle part of the day. In winter it can be cold in the mountains and at times wet.
Old Aug 5th 2013, 8:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tee Zee
Hello all,

I'm currently living in Birmingham and really determined to move to Spain with my family.
3 kids and a hubby who travels a lot through work.
As my eldest are 14 and 12 yrs I was thinking of slotting them into a British school. My youngest is 6 yrs old I may even consider the Spanish school system for language fluency.
Can anyone enlighten me on family life in Murcia , I am impressed by Kings school but I've heard living nearby in La Torre is quiet so maybe inland Murcia.
With the crime and hasty pace of life in the Uk I'm yearning to leave the UK.
Any help or advice is much appreciated.
Thanks x
Hi like you my friend is in a very similar position and wants to move to Murcia, she has done a lot of homework but has never been to Murcia and would like to know (from people who actually live there) which areas should she start to look at, she would like to be near the coast and in a "town" with good links to the City, she is not interested in a purpose built development as she would like mainly residential areas, can anyone give advice please? Good luck with your move if you decide to go, we moved overseas years ago and really enjoyed the experience. Sorry to hijack your thread
Old Aug 5th 2013, 11:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brits1
Hi like you my friend is in a very similar position and wants to move to Murcia, she has done a lot of homework but has never been to Murcia
Old Aug 6th 2013, 1:59 am
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

A friend of mine has a property in La Torre. As you probably know it is a gated golf resort. They are into golf and really enjoy their time there. If you don't golf don't go there. You might be better nearer the coast?
Old Aug 6th 2013, 5:11 am
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by agoreira
lol I know but she has planned a move overseas for some years and finally trolled through a load of info and finally picked out a few regions she wants to take a look at, its hard for her as her husband works overseas for long periods so she has to do a lot of the "leg work"....hence I thought I might help (having done the migrating "thing" myself)
Old Aug 6th 2013, 5:17 am
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

Why doesn't your friend come on here themselves, send them a link!
Old Aug 7th 2013, 2:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Neptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond repute

Try Camposol
Old Aug 7th 2013, 8:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by jackytoo
Why doesn't your friend come on here themselves, send them a link!
I have sent her the website info etc so hopefully she will join, she travels around remote regions with her husband at times and sometimes finds it hard to get onto the internet.