Reload this Page >

Moving to Spain help

Moving to Spain help

Old Jul 7th 2016, 12:40 am
Just Joined

Alfief is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to Spain help

Hi guys,
I'm a 19 year old lad (yes only young) but from a youngER age wanted to move to Spain and that has never changed, (I change my mind more than my underwear) so this feels pretty real to me.. My dad has a villa out there, so it's nothing new to me and have been many times..

I've decided April/may 2017 to go out for 6 months, if I enjoy it and lives upto what I expect then I'll stay, otherwise come home

I still live at home with my mum, I've never even owned my own place in England, so I'm not sure where to start or finding a Spanish property (preferably to rent for 6 months, longer if needed) all that comes up is holiday homes/apartments etc which you can't book for more than 2 months and comes at a ridiculous price.. I need something close to what would be a reality living out there so I know what it's really like on my own..get me?

Ps my dads villa is a big nono, not that I wouldn't..but he wouldn't! Haha

Thanks for any help
Old Jul 7th 2016, 12:49 am
BE Enthusiast

dfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to Spain help

Stay in the UK, get a qualification that could be of use in Spain, and continue with your goal, but not in the short term
Old Jul 7th 2016, 12:57 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by dfjordan
Stay in the UK, get a qualification that could be of use in Spain, and continue with your goal, but not in the short term
I appreciate that, but as my dad has had his villa for nearly 6 years now we know a fair few people over there (it's a very English area) and jobs wouldn't be an issue for me, as I have spoken to a few people already, even so I'm not fussed about having the best car the best house the best everything, I just wanna do what makes me happy, and when I'm out there there's nothing better
Old Jul 7th 2016, 5:58 am
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

You are only young once, live a little. Lower your expectations. Why do you need a car? Do any of those people you have spoken to (friends?) have a job for you / a room you could rent?
Old Jul 7th 2016, 6:14 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alfief
I appreciate that, but as my dad has had his villa for nearly 6 years now we know a fair few people over there (it's a very English area) and jobs wouldn't be an issue for me, as I have spoken to a few people already, even so I'm not fussed about having the best car the best house the best everything, I just wanna do what makes me happy, and when I'm out there there's nothing better
Just remember that unemployment for young people in Spain is running at around 30%, and also there are no benefits you would be able to tap into until you had been working in a job, with a legal contract, not just being paid cash, for some months, and that benefits are short term, so you would have no fall back. I realise that you have been out there for holidays, however forget that, living there is a totally different thing, it's not wake up mid morning, down to the beach for a few hours, have a few beers, back to the apartment and then bed and start it again the next day. The hot days of summer are nice when you are on holiday, but a totally different kettle of fish when you get them for months at a time and have to go out to work in those temperatures.
Old Jul 7th 2016, 6:22 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Hi guys,
I'm a 19 year old lad (yes only young) but from a youngER age wanted to move to Spain and that has never changed, (I change my mind more than my underwear) so this feels pretty real to me.. My dad has a villa out there, so it's nothing new to me and have been many times..

I've decided April/may 2017 to go out for 6 months, if I enjoy it and lives upto what I expect then I'll stay, otherwise come home

I still live at home with my mum, I've never even owned my own place in England, so I'm not sure where to start or finding a Spanish property (preferably to rent for 6 months, longer if needed) all that comes up is holiday homes/apartments etc which you can't book for more than 2 months and comes at a ridiculous price.. I need something close to what would be a reality living out there so I know what it's really like on my own..get me?

Ps my dads villa is a big nono, not that I wouldn't..but he wouldn't! Haha

Thanks for any help
Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst BEVS moderates Europe. Moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Jul 7th 2016, 8:05 am
BE Forum Addict

tebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond repute

Go for it young man, if you know people as you have stated and confident about working, you have nothing to lose If all else fails you can go back and live with mum!

You're on to a winner straight away, do it

Steve
Old Jul 8th 2016, 3:54 am
BE Forum Addict

johnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond repute

Whereabouts are you looking?
Old Jul 8th 2016, 7:21 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by johnnyone
Whereabouts are you looking?
Villamartin area, south alicante
Old Jul 8th 2016, 8:20 am
BE Forum Addict

tebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond repute

Villamartin area, south alicante
I have family that live at Villamartin. Not an area that I would like to live.

It's a very quiet area for young people and not much public transport.

Last edited by tebo53; Jul 8th 2016 at 8:22 am.
Old Jul 8th 2016, 8:21 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tebo53
Having lived there for a short while I would have to totally agree with you.
Old Jul 8th 2016, 8:48 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by tebo53

It's a very quiet area for young people and not much public transport.
I was only thinking this area due to my dad coming out a fair few times a year so would be easier to see him, is there anywhere you would recommend having a look at?