Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Moving to Spain

Moving to Spain

Old Jul 10th 2020, 6:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

tebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to Spain

Originally Posted by bfg69bug
If you imagine your rent will be €800 a month, minimum.. and you will need to give 2 months deposit then you´ll need say.. €300 a month to live on.. in the first 6 months you´ll of done around €8000 just living. Then you need dog food. And a vet. And a car. and fuel. and car insurance. You´ll easily do the whole 15k in a year.

Not trying to say that it cant be done, but think about it a bit more eh?
"€800 per month....minimum" For rent...Where are you quoting those figures for?

Steve
Old Jul 11th 2020, 1:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

bfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: Moving to Spain

Originally Posted by tebo53
"€800 per month....minimum" For rent...Where are you quoting those figures for?

Steve

Anywhere in the west side of malaga. Assuming two dogs would require a garden, or would you have them holed up in an apartment all day? obviosly you can get cheaper.. but it´ll be a hovel.

for example "enaquiler.com" puts the average rent in malaga at €839 / month. And thats gone DOWN by 4.3% from last month.

https://www.enalquiler.com/precios/p...es%20anterior.

Last edited by bfg69bug; Jul 11th 2020 at 1:36 pm.
Old Jul 11th 2020, 2:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

tebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bfg69bug
Anywhere in the west side of malaga. Assuming two dogs would require a garden, or would you have them holed up in an apartment all day? obviosly you can get cheaper.. but it´ll be a hovel.

for example "enaquiler.com" puts the average rent in malaga at €839 / month. And thats gone DOWN by 4.3% from last month.

https://www.enalquiler.com/precios/p...es%20anterior.

The OP never mentioned wanting to live in the Malaga area! There are many rental properties ( Town houses and Bungalows) with gardens in the Costa Blanca and Costa del sol areas that would be very suitable for the OP and her dogs and for far less than €800 per month so no need for your attitude.

Steve
Old Jul 11th 2020, 7:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

bfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond repute

thats very true, the OP never mentioned where shes looking at living, I´ve no idea why I thought of malaga. I suppose that I should of said that I personally couldnt live where I do for long with 15k, not starting from scratch.