Reload this Page >

Moving to Spain

Moving to Spain

Old Mar 4th 2020, 1:51 am
Just Joined

Ssapritchard is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to Spain

Hi all,

Im CONSIDERING looking into moving to the south of Spain. (Havent decided where yet)

I’m a UK citizen and my partners bajan.
Obviously due to brexit it could prove difficult for me,
but would I (/we) be able to move on individual working visas? If yes, how long for.
& I read somewhere you have to be in Spain for 2 years plus to be able to stay permanently.

after 2 years of work is that possible,
is there a way around it because of brexit and if no, would be getting a European passport via IRE from decent and having dual citizen solve that. If no, any recommendations on countries you know what are helpful and welcoming please suggest.

thankyou !!!
Old Mar 4th 2020, 1:57 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to Spain

When were you considering moving?
Old Mar 4th 2020, 3:03 am
Just Joined

Ssapritchard is an unknown quantity at this point

Within the next two years
Old Mar 4th 2020, 7:21 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Do you have a parent or grandparent born on the island of Ireland? If so, which?
Old Mar 4th 2020, 8:09 am
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

I would apply for Irish passport. Unless you marry, your partner would need to apply for visa and qualify on their own
Old Mar 4th 2020, 8:13 am
BE Forum Addict

tebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ssapritchard
Hi all,

Im CONSIDERING looking into moving to the south of Spain. (Havent decided where yet)

I’m a UK citizen and my partners bajan.
Obviously due to brexit it could prove difficult for me,
but would I (/we) be able to move on individual working visas? If yes, how long for.
& I read somewhere you have to be in Spain for 2 years plus to be able to stay permanently.

after 2 years of work is that possible,
is there a way around it because of brexit and if no, would be getting a European passport via IRE from decent and having dual citizen solve that. If no, any recommendations on countries you know what are helpful and welcoming please suggest.

thankyou !!!

To achieve "Permanent Residency" you have to have lived in Spain legally for a full five years.

Steve
Old Mar 4th 2020, 8:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Moses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by missile
I would apply for Irish passport. Unless you marry, your partner would need to apply for visa and qualify on their own
One has to note the following for the partner:

Spouse or civil partner of an Irish national

NOTE: Applications from persons where it is deemed that they are seeking such permission to simply gain entry to the State or where they seek such permission simply to continue their length of stay in the State for whatever reason, such applications will be refused and the appropriate and necessary action taken to remove the individual from the State. Any misinformation given during the application process will result in the application being refused immediately.

Applicants will be required to meet the criteria as set out in the Policy Document on Non-EEA Family Reunification
Old Mar 4th 2020, 9:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Joppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond repute

Most countries have restrictions similar to that, to weed out marriage/relationship of convenience, whereby being a couple is used simply to facilitate a person's entry and residence rights. So you need to show your relationship is genuine and sustainable, such as record of cohabitation (e.g. vital documents sharing the same address), financial responsibility (joint bank accounts, bills, investments, wills etc) and sometimes trips together (travel tickets etc) and photos as a couple taken at social occasions such as weddings, christenings etc.

Last edited by Joppa; Mar 4th 2020 at 10:01 am.
Old Mar 4th 2020, 6:01 pm

Originally Posted by Moses2013
One has to note the following for the partner:

Spouse or civil partner of an Irish national

NOTE: Applications from persons where it is deemed that they are seeking such permission to simply gain entry to the State or where they seek such permission simply to continue their length of stay in the State for whatever reason, such applications will be refused and the appropriate and necessary action taken to remove the individual from the State. Any misinformation given during the application process will result in the application being refused immediately.

Applicants will be required to meet the criteria as set out in the Policy Document on Non-EEA Family Reunification
This is irrelevant to the OP. They are looking to move to Spain in this thread, not Ireland, and I’m not sure why you think a potential marriage would be one of convenience.

Last edited by BritInParis; Mar 4th 2020 at 6:17 pm.
Old Mar 4th 2020, 6:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Moses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritInParis
This is irrelevant to the OP. They are looking to move to Spain in this thread, not Ireland, and I’m not sure why you think a potential marriage would be one of convenience.
No OP wants to move to Barbados and Ireland. See Ireland Forum. Yes the OP can get Irish citizenship but the partner still needs a visa.

Last edited by Moses2013; Mar 4th 2020 at 6:55 pm.
Old Mar 4th 2020, 6:56 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

The OP is confusing the issue by posting on several of BE´s forums. So it would appear that they are looking into various options in order to find the best fit for them.

Rosemary
Old Mar 4th 2020, 10:09 pm

No OP wants to move to Barbados and Ireland. See Ireland Forum. Yes the OP can get Irish citizenship but the partner still needs a visa.
I said “this thread” - I’m aware of their other threads. I’m still at loss as to why you think their relationship is not genuine.
Old Mar 5th 2020, 3:29 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

No OP wants to move to Barbados and Ireland.
Or Spain.
Hence the title of this thread
Old Mar 5th 2020, 5:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Notdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond repute

Something to bear in mind if taking out an Irish 'passport of convenience' is that of itself is does not confer health benefits.

To obtain an S1 on the back of it you need to have both registered for health care in Ireland and lived their for a minimum of 12 months.
Old Mar 5th 2020, 6:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I said “this thread” - I’m aware of their other threads. I’m still at loss as to why you think their relationship is not genuine.
It has nothing to do with that. The OP wants to find an easy way and I was just posting information in relation to Non-EEA Family members, as the partner still needs a Visa in an EU country. I never questioned their relationship. Just because one person has an Irish passport, doesn't mean that the partner from a non EU country can live in Spain.

Last edited by Moses2013; Mar 5th 2020 at 6:53 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.