Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Moving to Palma Mallorca - Help

Moving to Palma Mallorca - Help

Old Sep 22nd 2008, 12:35 pm
Just Joined

Sam_N_Vic is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to Palma Mallorca - Help

Hello…..anyone fancy giving me some advice – pretty please? I’m a bit of a virgin to this kind of thing, but ready to learn.
My husband and I are moving to Palma in 4 weeks. His job is transferring there. Where do I start? I have soooo many questions….
Should we look at renting a van and moving ourselves, or get it done for us? Anyone recommend a company?
What’s the best way of finding work (I’m a not so boring accountant who doesn’t yet speak Spanish)?
Girl question…..will our electrical products work in Spain (adaptor or change the plug) – sorry if that’s naïve – I had to ask!
Long term rentals….what’s the best way of finding a good place? We have been out there a couple of times to look at some places in Cala Major and Santa Ponsa (very different places). Were stuck between the “relaxed” and “city” living. The agents charge 18% commission – is this normal? Can you usually negotiate?
Ok – I better leave it there for now before you get bored of me.
Any help welcomed with open arms! Thx, Vic x
Old Sep 22nd 2008, 1:15 pm
Banned

jurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Moving to Palma Mallorca - Help

this may help you there few people post in last few weeks abiut moving to palma de mallorca
here the link
Moving to Palma Mallorca
http://britishexpats.com/forum/searc...earchid=922013
jurdy
Old Sep 22nd 2008, 1:26 pm
Just Joined

Sam_N_Vic is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks v much... however when i try the link is says "Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms" Is there another way i can view the post?
Old Sep 22nd 2008, 2:26 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sam_N_Vic
Thanks v much... however when i try the link is says "Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms" Is there another way i can view the post?
Go to the forum page and top RHS type Mallorca into the "search this forum" box.
He has searched it for you but the findings do not save as a link.
Old Nov 19th 2008, 4:11 pm
Just Joined

holly85 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jdr
Go to the forum page and top RHS type Mallorca into the "search this forum" box.
He has searched it for you but the findings do not save as a link.
Hey
I have searched and seached this forum for anything relating to taking rabbits to Mallorca, but can't find anything. We were planning on taking my bunny by car and ferry. I spoke to DEFRA about vaccines etc and they say he won't need any.
Does any one know of there are any spanish regulations on bringing him in??
Any help would be great
thanks
Old Nov 19th 2008, 4:26 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by holly85
Hey
I have searched and seached this forum for anything relating to taking rabbits to Mallorca, but can't find anything. We were planning on taking my bunny by car and ferry. I spoke to DEFRA about vaccines etc and they say he won't need any.
Does any one know of there are any spanish regulations on bringing him in??
Any help would be great
thanks
My daughter took a rabbit to the UK from Spain and all she needed was a health certificate from the vet here to get access into the UK, but don`t know if you need it to get into Spain, they are classed as vermin and not as pets. ;-)
Old Nov 19th 2008, 5:33 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
My daughter took a rabbit to the UK from Spain and all she needed was a health certificate from the vet here to get access into the UK, but don`t know if you need it to get into Spain, they are classed as vermin and not as pets. ;-)
not to mention dinner
Old Nov 19th 2008, 7:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

guesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond repute

Why not have a look on holidaylettings or owners direct websites. Many are open to long term lets.

There are many other similar websites that you could look at as well
Old Nov 20th 2008, 10:26 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

who would have thought that a thread about taking a rabbit to Mallorca hasn't been done before eh??
Old Nov 20th 2008, 12:24 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
who would have thought that a thread about taking a rabbit to Mallorca hasn't been done before eh??
are you bored bunnykins?
Old Nov 20th 2008, 3:10 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lynnxa
are you bored bunnykins?
I'm ALWAYS bored mate....
Old Jan 10th 2009, 12:29 pm
Just Joined

trident74 is an unknown quantity at this point

Advice please for newcomer,
I will be moving to the Palma area of Mallorca at the end of March. At present I am employed with my families painting and decorating company, and have been for some years. We work mainly for wealthy clients who require a high standard of decoration in their homes. Could anyone tell me if this kind of work is in demand in the Palma area

Any advice is most welcome
Old Jan 10th 2009, 3:11 pm
Just Joined

holly85 is an unknown quantity at this point

hi,
I am also moving to Mallorca around that time, my mum owns a successfull property maintenance and management company over there. I have just spoken to her about any opportunities in that field (as she uses skilled painters/decorators within her company) She said that firstly you should broaden the area that you search in, e.g the whole of mallorca!!! She also mentioned that the main companies for building/decorating do not have as much work as they perhaps would have this time last year, as people are reluctant to make significant and expensive changes to their homes as times are hard!
Sorry it's not a more positive answer, but you might get lucky if the trade picks up!!
holly
Old Jan 10th 2009, 3:18 pm
Just Joined

Thank you Holly I understand the situation over there is much the same as everywhere. Although i have months of work guaranteed over here, I feel that i need to take a chance in order to move somewhere i want to be. Luckily i also run a small internet sales company (nothing to do with decorating) and hopefully this will help towards my income.

Good luck when you get there not much left in this country!!!
Old Jan 10th 2009, 4:41 pm
Just Joined

ps although i appreciate that work is slow for the larger construction companies in Mallorca and indeed everywhere else, simply splashing some paint around on new builds is not what I am used to, I am looking towards the higher end of the market. people who require that finishing touch.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.