Reload this Page >

Moving to Marbella .. Need help

Moving to Marbella .. Need help

Old Feb 3rd 2016, 6:50 pm
Just Joined

Kennyslovechild is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to Marbella .. Need help

Hi
I'm moving to Spain hopefully in the next few months and I've seen a nice looking apartment close to Marbella .. I don't need a mortgage but was wandering what monthly bills I should expect ie taxes on the property .. I've no idea on how the housing market or work possibilities have been in Marbella I just know i need to get away for a while, maybe permanently .. Sorry to be vague but any advice would be appreciated
Old Feb 3rd 2016, 8:09 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to Marbella .. Need help

Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst BEVS moderates Europe. Moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Feb 3rd 2016, 8:16 pm
Just Joined

Thanks Rosemary
Old Feb 4th 2016, 12:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Loafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond repute

Property tax is paid once a year, calculated on the "valor castastral " - roughly rateable value. Normally paid in summertime as is the tax for rubbish collection. Neither exceptionally high.

If you buy an apartment in a community expect quarterly community fees which vary a lot depending on the services available in the community - pools, gardeners, lifts etc etc

by the way loads of choice in the property market

Last edited by Loafing Along; Feb 4th 2016 at 12:48 pm. Reason: Added more info
Old Feb 4th 2016, 3:29 pm
Just Joined

Many thanks for the reply
Old Feb 20th 2016, 8:31 pm
Just Joined

Gerry Simp is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm moving out to Malaga/Marbella in May with my fiancée.

In England I'm a self employed gas engineer but can do much much more.

I'd like to get in contact with any kind of property developers, property management companies or anyone that would like to utalse my skills.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Gerry
Old Feb 20th 2016, 9:15 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst BEVS moderates Europe. Moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Rosemary
Old Feb 20th 2016, 9:34 pm

Originally Posted by Gerry Simp
I'd like to get in contact with any kind of property developers, property management companies or anyone that would like to utalse my skills.

Gerry
You can ask for information about developers etc but you cannot advertise on this forum so please remember that when posting.

Rosemary
Old Feb 20th 2016, 9:36 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gerry Simp
I'm moving out to Malaga/Marbella in May with my fiancée.

In England I'm a self employed gas engineer but can do much much more.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Gerry
How good is your Spanish, you will have to factor into the equation the fact that Spanish gas systems are very different to the UK system, and that only licensed people can sign off on jobs, so you might have to undergo some retraining, also remember that with the current horrendous unemployment situation there are likely to be many fully trained local people able to do that sort of work. Most of them are likely to be self employed and only contracting for each job, this means becoming an autonomo, and facing the financial requirement of €250 a month just to ensure access to the Spanish health service, which isn't even free then.
Old Apr 28th 2016, 12:32 pm
Just Joined

Kezzness is an unknown quantity at this point

My sister and I just moved to Spain, currently in a short term let until mid May, hoped to find a long term rental within walking distance of Marbella, but as we have found, we have been a bit late on doing this, can anyone offer any advice on whether its pointless for us to keep searching the net, or have ALL rental properties now switched to holiday lets? Thanks in advance
Old Apr 28th 2016, 12:41 pm

Originally Posted by Kezzness
My sister and I just moved to Spain, currently in a short term let until mid May, hoped to find a long term rental within walking distance of Marbella, but as we have found, we have been a bit late on doing this, can anyone offer any advice on whether its pointless for us to keep searching the net, or have ALL rental properties now switched to holiday lets? Thanks in advance

Rosemary
Old Apr 28th 2016, 12:43 pm
Just Joined

Kezzness is an unknown quantity at this point

Thankyou Rosemary
Old May 2nd 2016, 10:23 am
BE Enthusiast

EllisG has a reputation beyond reputeEllisG has a reputation beyond reputeEllisG has a reputation beyond reputeEllisG has a reputation beyond reputeEllisG has a reputation beyond reputeEllisG has a reputation beyond reputeEllisG has a reputation beyond reputeEllisG has a reputation beyond reputeEllisG has a reputation beyond reputeEllisG has a reputation beyond reputeEllisG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kezzness
If you are in Marbella why not take a walk around rather than search the net ?

If you do search the net then try here

MIL ANUNCIOS.COM - Alquiler de apartamentos en Marbella de particulares. Anuncios de apartamentos de alquiler en Marbella.

They have 1520 properties 608 of those include the word "'vacaciones" therefore there are potentially 912 properties suitable to your needs.

You are not really specific about where in Marbella you want to be but one thing I am certain of is that the only place in walking distance of Marbella..would be Marbella