Reload this Page >

Moving to Malaga/Marbella

Moving to Malaga/Marbella

Old Dec 22nd 2018, 11:59 am
Just Joined

SeanWilson18 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to Malaga/Marbella

Hello

I was looking for advice about moving to Malaga? Bearing in mind brexit, am i able to move there after March 2019 ? What are the job opportunities like for a qualified plumber ? i have been several times and have decided i would love to live and work there, but not sure if it can be a reality.

Thanks for any advice
Old Dec 22nd 2018, 12:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to Malaga/Marbella

Not sure anyone including government actually can answer first part of your question. So much depends on whether a deal is done or not by March 29th. I suggest you read through the comprehensive threads already run on the subject and monitor closely if you can the official updates re Brexit. As for being a qualified plumber that is in UK not Spain. Employment generally in Spain is not easy to get but relying on your qualifications for official work ?
Old Dec 22nd 2018, 12:32 pm
Just Joined

SeanWilson18 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah your right, hopefully a deal can get sorted out though as there are 3 million EU citizens living in UK aswell so i don't see any alternative to getting a deal done. I'm aware that a job may be difficuilt to get but i'm not relying on working as a plumber only, i'm open to a change of employment and speak fluent spanish so surely if i'll manage to get a job to support myself. Isnt there UK builders and tradesman in Malaga - Marbella at the moment.
Old Dec 22nd 2018, 1:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Loafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SeanWilson18
Hello

I was looking for advice about moving to Malaga? Bearing in mind brexit, am i able to move there after March 2019 ? What are the job opportunities like for a qualified plumber ? i have been several times and have decided i would love to live and work there, but not sure if it can be a reality.

Thanks for any advice
Pimlico Plumbers beat you to it....

Expat community thrives on english-speaking qualified tradesmen but it is a very competitive market. Get a copy of Euro News or the Olive Press and you can see the services offered and the number of people doing so.

Yes you can still move after March 2019 as there is a two year transition period assuming nothing changes in the next few months
Old Dec 22nd 2018, 3:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Loafing Along
Yes you can still move after March 2019 as there is a two year transition period assuming nothing changes in the next few months
Anything could happen in the next few months especially given that the lunatics running the assylum are actively planning for and preparing for no deal. Who knows?
Old Dec 22nd 2018, 5:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

chrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Moving to Malaga/Marbella

[QUOTE=SeanWilson18;12611935]Hello

Thanks for any advice

There is plenty of work for a qualified plumber but you must be legal! You have to register as self employed and social security and tax in Spain. Check out the figures before you do anything. Good luck.