moving to malaga

moving to malaga

Old Aug 19th 2015, 8:58 am
Just Joined

lrainey is an unknown quantity at this point
Default moving to malaga

Hi All

I am new to this thread so please be gentle 😂
I am after some info regarding schooling employment etc in Malaga. I have a 13 year old daughter and a 10 year old son who is just going into his last year in juniors.my daughter is in high school and due to choose her gcse options ready to take her exams in 2 years time. My husband is 53 a business development manager for a recycling company.is very good at his job achieving sales.figures etc
Any info grateful received on high school education . university etc

Thanks in advance 😊😊
Old Aug 19th 2015, 9:09 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: moving to malaga

Originally Posted by lrainey
Hi All

I am after some info regarding schooling employment etc in Malaga. I have a 13 year old daughter and a 10 year old son who is just going into his last year in juniors.my daughter is in high school and due to choose her gcse options ready to take her exams in 2 years time. My husband is 53 a business development manager for a recycling company.is very good at his job achieving sales.figures etc

Thanks in advance 😊😊
reposting what I posted on ypour Welcom Inn thread..

At the ages they are, your eldest would almost certainly need an international school, the youngest might be OK in a Spanish school. The jobs would be your major problem, unemployment in Spain is around 30-35%, and with that situation you would be fighting the locals for any job. You would have to be fluent in Spanish to get any sort of management position as, even if the company is British, they would still have to deal with Spanish people on a daily basis. You would also have to factor in Healthcare costs, without a contracted job you would need privatr cover, and even the Spanish healthcare service isn't free. School costs for teaching in a Spanish school are free, but everything else has to be paid for, books etc.

I know that's not really what you want to hear, but it's the truth.
Spain is a great place to live if you have money or are retired and need not to work, for others it's hard I'm afread. It is said that it's very easy to be a millionaire in Spain, all you need is two million to start with.
Old Aug 19th 2015, 9:27 am
Just Joined

Thank you for your honesty..let's hope we win the lotto � ����� ����� ���� x
Old Aug 19th 2015, 9:39 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lrainey
Hi All

Thanks in advance 😊😊
Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst BEVS moderates Europe. Moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Aug 19th 2015, 10:07 am
Just Joined

Many Thanks Rosemary x
Old Aug 19th 2015, 11:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute

Do you all speak fluent Spanish?

If not, what were your plans regarding education and jobs?
Old Aug 19th 2015, 11:07 am
Just Joined

No we don't know the basics and as a family we were hiring a tutor b4 we came daughter also learn g it in school. Husband is a business development manages for a waste management company although recycling not big there he good at developing new business and have seen various jobs on indeed x