Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Moving To Los Alcazares

Moving To Los Alcazares

Old May 7th 2015, 9:05 am
Just Joined

bell73194 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving To Los Alcazares

Just wondering if anyone can tell me where I could look for a long term rental in Los Alcazares area, We looking to move out to Murcia area was originally going to be camposol but after consideration it not the place for us. We more need be near beach, along with cafes restuarants . Would be grateful for any thoughts and advice. Is Los Alcazares the place to be? Thanks Lyn & Steve Bell
Old May 7th 2015, 10:05 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving To Los Alcazares

Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst BEVS moderates Europe. Moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old May 11th 2015, 4:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Relampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bell73194
Just wondering if anyone can tell me where I could look for a long term rental in Los Alcazares area, We looking to move out to Murcia area was originally going to be camposol but after consideration it not the place for us. We more need be near beach, along with cafes restuarants . Would be grateful for any thoughts and advice. Is Los Alcazares the place to be? Thanks Lyn & Steve Bell
I think Los Alcázares is a nice place, but in my opinon should visit before living in this locality

I have vacationed in Los Alcázares since I was a child, in the late 70's until now. Although some years ago that I do not visit Los Alcázares, I have a small apartment and relatives have a chalet. I have fond memories of my childhood and adolescence

It has changed somewhat since then. It is no longer a small fishing village, is more crowded, and for example, there is no exists the Rex cinema (which was a great summer cinema) and many spas have disappeared. Have been preserved some palces, such as San Antonio disco, or the maritime club, the maritime promenade, the military air base or the small houses near the beach, but are built more new housing more away from the beach

In autumn and winter seasons, there are few people in the village, compared to the summer, where the population can be multiplied by 2 or 3. There's movement, many young people. The festivities of the city and the Fair of Los Alcázares is in August

But if you are looking for peace, anytime than summer. And I have seen that are also times that people really like. No bathing, but to walk or drink, because the weather is often quite pleasant...

By the way, San Javier airport is very close to the Alcazar, practically next door. The good news is that it has many flights to the UK, and the bad news may be perhaps when planes land, which often go above Los Alcazares, with consequent noise, although has little traffic compared to the neighboring Alicante airport

Last edited by Relampago; May 11th 2015 at 4:52 pm.
Old May 11th 2015, 5:05 pm
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Have you looked at two of the main web sites for rentals;

fotocasa.es and enalquiler.com

They have many rentals in that area.
Old May 12th 2015, 7:54 am
Just Joined

bell73194 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi thank you for your reply

can you tell me how I would get these sites in English

thank you

Lyn
Old May 12th 2015, 8:25 am
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Hi thank you for your reply

can you tell me how I would get these sites in English

thank you

Lyn
Ha, Ha!

You're in Spain (or hoping to be) - they only come in Spanish.
Old Jun 24th 2015, 7:43 am
Just Joined

miggymuldoon is an unknown quantity at this point

Again I am visiting this area at the end of July with a view to moving out of the UK are there any decent estate agents to deal with I will be staying at the mar menor golf resort regards Mick.
Old Jun 24th 2015, 7:57 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by miggymuldoon
Again I am visiting this area at the end of July with a view to moving out of the UK are there any decent estate agents to deal with I will be staying at the mar menor golf resort regards Mick.
Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst BEVS moderates Europe. Moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Jun 24th 2015, 10:06 pm
Forum Regular

101wvd is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by miggymuldoon
We are doing the same and go on 2nd July. We already have our appointments set up with 2 different Agents - 2 days with each and 3 days for us to drive around all the areas. Really looking forward to seeing everything so we can start our new adventure even though we are 'senior citizen's. We are very young at heart and ready for the next chapter. We are also thinking of renting first but we will see what happens next week!!!

Will let you know if the agents are worth recommending!!
Old Jul 24th 2015, 11:58 am
Just Joined

GrannyP is an unknown quantity at this point

We are also thinking to move to Los Alcazares (with my 85yr old Mum) and have rented a holiday home for a week to get the feel of the place. We are hoping for a few more expat English speakers for Mum to chat to and hoping to find maybe a group of older expats that she can join as where we are has nothing for her.
Old Jul 24th 2015, 11:59 am
Just Joined

GrannyP is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by 101wvd
We are doing the same and go on 2nd July. We already have our appointments set up with 2 different Agents - 2 days with each and 3 days for us to drive around all the areas. Really looking forward to seeing everything so we can start our new adventure even though we are 'senior citizen's. We are very young at heart and ready for the next chapter. We are also thinking of renting first but we will see what happens next week!!!

Will let you know if the agents are worth recommending!!
Did you find anything interesting? Could you recommend the agents?
Old Jul 24th 2015, 9:36 pm
Forum Regular

101wvd is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by GrannyP
Did you find anything interesting? Could you recommend the agents?
We actually did not get into Los Alcazare itself. Our second Agent took us to the Golf Club where we viewed some lovely new 2 bed apartments for 59,900 Euro's. They had just been reduced from $64,100 and they are going to build another block when the remaining few in the block we looked at are sold. For the price they were extremely good value. We had a great Agent Francisco (Paco) who spoke fluent English as he studied in UK. He seemed to get the idea of what we wanted almost straightaway whereas our first Agent from another company did not seem to grasp our needs even though we told him prior to visiting. We would definitely use Paco again when we buy (currently waiting for someone to buy our house as buyer let us down!!).

If you want further details, PM me as I am not sure if I am allowed to advertise on here.

Has anyone got any views on buying at the Mar Menor Golf or Alcazare Golf?