Reload this Page >

Moving List Help please.

Moving List Help please.

Old May 15th 2017, 11:46 am
Forum Regular

Apple1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving List Help please.

Hi Everyone,

So I'm going to move from the uk to spain in the next 4 weeks, can anyone give me a short and sweet list of what i am required to arrange in spain for work etc etc as a employe, i will also be taking my van.

thanks
Old May 15th 2017, 11:47 am
Forum Regular

Default Re: Moving List Help please.

il also need a decent bank account as I have 20k to deposit so any good banks please >??
Old May 15th 2017, 12:06 pm
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

As an employee, your company should help with most of this;
  1. get NIE
  2. get SS number
  3. get residency certificate
  4. go on padron
  5. find a good gestor to help with paperwork (tax etc.)
  6. register with a doctor
Old May 15th 2017, 12:12 pm
Forum Regular

perfect thank you
Old May 15th 2017, 3:52 pm
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Oh, and somewhere near the top should be to go to Sabadell and get a bank account. Non-resident at first and then once 3 and 4 are done, convert it to a residents account (cheaper).

If you are going to be able to put at least 700€ into the account each month (and it can be the SAME 700€) then open an expansion account as they have ZERO charges.
Old May 15th 2017, 4:25 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Apple1
Hi Everyone,

So I'm going to move from the uk to spain in the next 4 weeks, can anyone give me a short and sweet list of what i am required to arrange in spain for work etc etc as a employe, i will also be taking my van.

thanks
Ensure that your job has a legal contract.
Old May 15th 2017, 5:11 pm
jjh
BE Enthusiast

jjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikelincs
Ensure that your job has a legal contract.
As so many employers don´t offer a legal contract. Be aware x
Old May 15th 2017, 6:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Eric S has a reputation beyond reputeEric S has a reputation beyond reputeEric S has a reputation beyond reputeEric S has a reputation beyond reputeEric S has a reputation beyond reputeEric S has a reputation beyond reputeEric S has a reputation beyond reputeEric S has a reputation beyond reputeEric S has a reputation beyond reputeEric S has a reputation beyond reputeEric S has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snikpoh
If you are going to be able to put at least 700€ into the account each month (and it can be the SAME 700€) then open an expansion account as they have ZERO charges.
I wonder if you can have two accounts, and then keep sending the same 700€ back and forth between the two...

- Eric S.
Old May 16th 2017, 6:09 am
Retired and loving it!

Originally Posted by Eric S
I wonder if you can have two accounts, and then keep sending the same 700€ back and forth between the two...

- Eric S.
Yes, you can. ...or even draw it out and then pay it back in.
Old May 16th 2017, 10:26 am
Account Closed

Tadd1966 has a reputation beyond reputeTadd1966 has a reputation beyond reputeTadd1966 has a reputation beyond reputeTadd1966 has a reputation beyond reputeTadd1966 has a reputation beyond reputeTadd1966 has a reputation beyond reputeTadd1966 has a reputation beyond reputeTadd1966 has a reputation beyond reputeTadd1966 has a reputation beyond reputeTadd1966 has a reputation beyond reputeTadd1966 has a reputation beyond repute

As an employee, your company should help with most of this;
  1. get NIE
  2. get SS number
  3. get residency certificate
  4. go on padron
  5. find a good gestor to help with paperwork (tax etc.)
  6. register with a doctor
Add these (gestor should help)
7. Transfer of your van's plates to Spanish plates (doing this as part of your move and all of your chattels will, I think, mean you do not have to pay import tax on the van but you need to check)
8. Transfer UK Driving licence to a Spanish one (some say not compulsory but if you do not have a UK address then....)
Old May 16th 2017, 11:44 am
Retired and loving it!

Originally Posted by Tadd1966
Add these (gestor should help)
7. Transfer of your van's plates to Spanish plates (doing this as part of your move and all of your chattels will, I think, mean you do not have to pay import tax on the van but you need to check)
8. Transfer UK Driving licence to a Spanish one (some say not compulsory but if you do not have a UK address then....)
Just to clarify, many people call it an import tax but it's actually a 'first registration tax' - some vans can NOT be re-registered so sell in UK and buy again once here.

MOST driving licences are OK in Spain until they expire. However, to save any potential issues, why not simply change it .
Old May 16th 2017, 3:55 pm
Account Closed

Tadd1966 has a reputation beyond reputeTadd1966 has a reputation beyond reputeTadd1966 has a reputation beyond reputeTadd1966 has a reputation beyond reputeTadd1966 has a reputation beyond reputeTadd1966 has a reputation beyond reputeTadd1966 has a reputation beyond reputeTadd1966 has a reputation beyond reputeTadd1966 has a reputation beyond reputeTadd1966 has a reputation beyond reputeTadd1966 has a reputation beyond repute

Just to clarify, many people call it an import tax but it's actually a 'first registration tax' - some vans can NOT be re-registered so sell in UK and buy again once here.

MOST driving licences are OK in Spain until they expire. However, to save any potential issues, why not simply change it .
You have to advise DVLA of any address change or you are subject to a fine of up to £1000 if caught driving in the UK with an incorrect address on the DL. You cannot have a none UK address on a UK DL.
Old May 16th 2017, 4:46 pm
Retired and loving it!

You have to advise DVLA of any address change or you are subject to a fine of up to £1000 if caught driving in the UK with an incorrect address on the DL. You cannot have a none UK address on a UK DL.
Correct but ONLY if you are a UK resident.

Once resident elsewhere, these rules do NOT apply. This can be found on the DVLA website and in the numerous emails from DVLA to me and others who've asked this exact question.
Old May 17th 2017, 7:05 am
Account Closed

Correct but ONLY if you are a UK resident.

Once resident elsewhere, these rules do NOT apply. This can be found on the DVLA website and in the numerous emails from DVLA to me and others who've asked this exact question.
If you are not a resident of UK and return to the UK for a visit and drive on UK roads (in any car - your own car, a friends car or a hire car etc.) with a UK DL that has an incorrect address you are committing an offence and you can be fined up to £1000 if stopped by the police and your details checked and found to incorrect - same as if you are a resident and you don't inform the DVLA of an address change.
The DVLA do not check but if you are stopped by the police they may well do a check and if your adders is incorrect then you could be fined.
This was confirmed to me by DVLA, police and my insurance company
Your DL is not invalidated and the DVLA states on the website if you are moving abroad you need to check local legislation.
Old May 17th 2017, 11:18 am
Retired and loving it!

If you are not a resident of UK and return to the UK for a visit and drive on UK roads (in any car - your own car, a friends car or a hire car etc.) with a UK DL that has an incorrect address you are committing an offence and you can be fined up to £1000 if stopped by the police and your details checked and found to incorrect - same as if you are a resident and you don't inform the DVLA of an address change.
The DVLA do not check but if you are stopped by the police they may well do a check and if your adders is incorrect then you could be fined.
This was confirmed to me by DVLA, police and my insurance company
Your DL is not invalidated and the DVLA states on the website if you are moving abroad you need to check local legislation.
This is simply NOT true as a non-resident. I think you didn't ask your question of them, clearly enough. I too have the opposite in writing from them.

Even the DVLA website says it's not true. Local legislation for within the EU means that your D/L remains active and legal!

Given we both have different 'facts', there doesn't seem much point in discussing it further.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.