Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Moving To Lanzarote (Elle1971)

Moving To Lanzarote (Elle1971)

Old Jun 30th 2016, 7:19 pm
Just Joined

DavidAdams16 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving To Lanzarote (Elle1971)

Hi all, my partner and I are in the early stages of planning to move to Lanzarote and are looking for all the info we can get about how people have gone about doing it.
The idea is that we move, and set up our own business.
Please advise
(Elle1971 I tried to PM you but am not allowed. If you can PM me I'd appreciate it)
Old Jun 30th 2016, 7:53 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving To Lanzarote (Elle1971)

Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst BEVS moderates Europe. Moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Jun 30th 2016, 7:55 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DavidAdams16
Hi all, my partner and I are in the early stages of planning to move to Lanzarote and are looking for all the info we can get about how people have gone about doing it.
Please advise
(Elle1971 I tried to PM you but am not allowed. If you can PM me I'd appreciate it)
The same rule applies, you will not be able to receive PM´s until you have sufficient posts.

Rosemary
Old Jul 1st 2016, 3:49 am
Banned

OldPro is just really niceOldPro is just really niceOldPro is just really niceOldPro is just really niceOldPro is just really niceOldPro is just really niceOldPro is just really niceOldPro is just really nice

I don't understand how someone can have the time to explain the rules but not the time to try answering the persons question.

DavidAdams16, what nationality are you, what passports do you have and how do you plan to get a Residency Visa?

If you are a Brit (you are posting in a Brit Expat forum after all) then you do realize that the UK is leaving the EU.
Old Jul 1st 2016, 8:03 am

Originally Posted by OldPro
I don't understand how someone can have the time to explain the rules but not the time to try answering the persons question.

DavidAdams16, what nationality are you, what passports do you have and how do you plan to get a Residency Visa?

If you are a Brit (you are posting in a Brit Expat forum after all) then you do realize that the UK is leaving the EU.
I have not moved to Lanzarote and never set up a business in Spain therefore I cannot answer the posters question so I leave it to posters with these experiences to come forward to help.

What knowledge do you have that will help the posters?

Rosemary
Old Jul 1st 2016, 5:40 pm
Banned

OldPro is just really niceOldPro is just really niceOldPro is just really niceOldPro is just really niceOldPro is just really niceOldPro is just really niceOldPro is just really niceOldPro is just really nice

Originally Posted by Rosemary
I have not moved to Lanzarote and never set up a business in Spain therefore I cannot answer the posters question so I leave it to posters with these experiences to come forward to help.

What knowledge do you have that will help the posters?

Rosemary
LOL, did you read my response to the poster? My knowledge and experience is enough to know that FIRST the OP needs to indicate the legal right to move to Lanzarote and for me to ask whether he has that right.

Is that not something you had the knowledge and experience to be able to ask and in that way help the OP Rosemary?

When someone asks me for directions to drive to the edge of a cliff, I do not need to know how to get to the edge of the cliff in order to be able to ask them why they want to go there.

You're a moderator and I get it that you want to send cut and paste 'welcome' messages to new posters. But that doesn't mean you can't do TWO things at the same time. Provide your welcome and try to help with an answer. In this case I would have thought it was perfectly obvious to anyone reading the OPs post that given Brexit and given this is a Brit Expat forum where you would expect those writing were Brits, the question of what nationality the OP is and how he plans to make this move legally (assuming he intends to stay for more than the next year or two) would have to be asked.
Old Jul 1st 2016, 6:13 pm

Originally Posted by OldPro
LOL, did you read my response to the poster? My knowledge and experience is enough to know that FIRST the OP needs to indicate the legal right to move to Lanzarote and for me to ask whether he has that right.

Is that not something you had the knowledge and experience to be able to ask and in that way help the OP Rosemary?

When someone asks me for directions to drive to the edge of a cliff, I do not need to know how to get to the edge of the cliff in order to be able to ask them why they want to go there.

You're a moderator and I get it that you want to send cut and paste 'welcome' messages to new posters. But that doesn't mean you can't do TWO things at the same time. Provide your welcome and try to help with an answer. In this case I would have thought it was perfectly obvious to anyone reading the OPs post that given Brexit and given this is a Brit Expat forum where you would expect those writing were Brits, the question of what nationality the OP is and how he plans to make this move legally (assuming he intends to stay for more than the next year or two) would have to be asked.
In case you have not read the rules may I point out that you are breaking Rule 15. Here it is for your information.

15. Moderator Actions
Discussions about moderator or administrator actions are welcome in email, or local private messages, but should not be discussed in public forums. This is out of respect for the members, moderators and policy involved.

Further posts of this nature will cause you to be banned.

Rosemary
Old Jul 1st 2016, 6:18 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rosemary
In case you have not read the rules may I point out that you are breaking Rule 15. Here it is for your information.

15. Moderator Actions
Discussions about moderator or administrator actions are welcome in email, or local private messages, but should not be discussed in public forums. This is out of respect for the members, moderators and policy involved.

Further posts of this nature will cause you to be banned.

Rosemary
I would add # 14 and maybe # 4
Old Jul 1st 2016, 6:21 pm

Originally Posted by dmu
I would add # 14 and maybe # 4
Correct.

Rosemary
Old Jul 1st 2016, 6:30 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

The troll has left the building.....again. Sigh.
Old Jul 2nd 2016, 11:53 am
Herreño

Boseley has a reputation beyond reputeBoseley has a reputation beyond reputeBoseley has a reputation beyond reputeBoseley has a reputation beyond reputeBoseley has a reputation beyond reputeBoseley has a reputation beyond reputeBoseley has a reputation beyond reputeBoseley has a reputation beyond reputeBoseley has a reputation beyond reputeBoseley has a reputation beyond reputeBoseley has a reputation beyond repute

Please advise
My home is at the other end of the Archipelago, the Meridian isle of El Hierro.

I first came to the Canary Isles, Las Palmas, on an oil tanker from Trinidad in 1962, that started my love affair with the islands. Firstly it was winter holidays, then in 1995 we discovered this secret island and in 2001 bought our home here eventually cutting the umbilical cord and settling here permanently.

At the moment, to live in Lanzarote, you will need to register on the foreigners list, to do this you will need proof of income/savings and health insurance.

I would suggest at first that you rent, our first choice was Gran Canaria, and now we are 200 miles to the West.

The link below may help
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/residenc...ments-in-spain
Old Jul 3rd 2016, 5:03 pm
Forum Regular

Blass is just really niceBlass is just really niceBlass is just really niceBlass is just really niceBlass is just really niceBlass is just really niceBlass is just really niceBlass is just really nice

Hi David you may this helpful I found it from the UK gov website

Secretaría General de Inmigración y Emigración. Portal de la Inmigración
Old Jul 3rd 2016, 6:25 pm
Just Joined

DavidAdams16 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone, a huge apology to the members that I upset by starting this post.

In answer to some questions.
My partner and I are Brits and we are devastated that we're leaving the EU.
We're aiming to act fast due to the limited time frame we find ourselves in with the imminent departure.

We have all the relevant passports etc and we're simply attempting to gather some info from those that have made the move we are planning to make

Thanks for all your feedback everyone. We really appreciate the ongoing info
Old Jul 3rd 2016, 6:58 pm

Hi everyone, a huge apology to the members that I upset by starting this post.

In answer to some questions.
My partner and I are Brits and we are devastated that we're leaving the EU.
We're aiming to act fast due to the limited time frame we find ourselves in with the imminent departure.

We have all the relevant passports etc and we're simply attempting to gather some info from those that have made the move we are planning to make

Thanks for all your feedback everyone. We really appreciate the ongoing info
You have not upset anyone here on the Spain forum. There was a troll from Canada causing difficulties but he has been banned so everything is back to normal.

Rosemary