Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

moving to la mata/Ciudad Quesada

moving to la mata/Ciudad Quesada

Old Aug 13th 2012, 8:46 pm
Just Joined

lynjon17 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default moving to la mata/Ciudad Quesada

My wife and I are hoping to move to the area and are looking to meet expats in local clubs. My wife's interests are dogs (cavaliers) and I am into football (at local level) and golf. Would anyone have any relevant information, thanks in advance.
Old Aug 13th 2012, 9:28 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: moving to la mata/Ciudad Quesada

As Concierge for the Spanish section of BE I would like to say hello and welcome.

BE is a very large expat website, so if you have problems finding your way around we have concierges who will try to direct you. The moderators for the Spanish forums are Mitzyboy and Fred James, moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderador who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge of the issues of living in Spain. At the top of the page you will find a quirkily named thread called Free Beer which is full of important and useful information. Hope you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Aug 13th 2012, 9:39 pm
Just Joined

thankyou for the reply
Old Aug 13th 2012, 9:57 pm
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

You might be interested in Quesada Country Club > http://www.spain-info.co.uk/Costa-Bl...untry-club.htm
and La Marquesa Golf Club>
http://www.eurogolf-quesada.co.uk/

There is an active amature football club in Guardamar >
http://www.orihuelacostafc.com/compo.../team/1/4.html

one in La Marina >
http://www.lamarina.info/Clubs.html

and another in San Fulgencio

Last edited by missile; Aug 13th 2012 at 10:02 pm.
Old Aug 13th 2012, 10:08 pm
Just Joined

thankyou for this reply. If there is any animal rescue centres out there looking for help let us know
Old Aug 13th 2012, 10:17 pm
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

I know there are animal rescue centres, but I have no info.

I would suggest you enquire at the town hall in Cuidad Quesada and / or check the free papers where you will find listings for a wide variety of clubs and things which may be of interest to you.

If you are still in UK, you can subscribe to have Costa Blanca News sent to you> http://www.costa-news.com/component/...99/Itemid,169/
Old Aug 14th 2012, 7:40 am
BE Forum Addict

spainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond repute

Suggest you also check the local editions of Coastrider and Round Town News - Costa Blanca south, they both have editions on their web sites.

Lots of local activities going on when the main summer heat is over.
Old Aug 14th 2012, 12:24 pm
Just Joined

thankyou for these tips
Old Aug 14th 2012, 4:42 pm
Retired and in Spain

Library Ticket is just really niceLibrary Ticket is just really niceLibrary Ticket is just really niceLibrary Ticket is just really niceLibrary Ticket is just really niceLibrary Ticket is just really niceLibrary Ticket is just really niceLibrary Ticket is just really niceLibrary Ticket is just really niceLibrary Ticket is just really niceLibrary Ticket is just really nice

Originally Posted by missile
I know there are animal rescue centres, but I have no info.

I would suggest you enquire at the town hall in Cuidad Quesada and / or check the free papers where you will find listings for a wide variety of clubs and things which may be of interest to you.

If you are still in UK, you can subscribe to have Costa Blanca News sent to you> http://www.costa-news.com/component/...99/Itemid,169/
Where is the town hall in Quesada please, I didn't realise there was one and thought the nearest would be Rojales? We will be moving close to there in 8-10 weeks but if we can't find anything suitable may well end up in Quesada.
Old Aug 14th 2012, 4:56 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Library Ticket
Where is the town hall in Quesada please, I didn't realise there was one and thought the nearest would be Rojales? We will be moving close to there in 8-10 weeks but if we can't find anything suitable may well end up in Quesada.
here, maybe?

http://maps.google.es/maps?q=ayuntamiento+ciudad+quesada&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-GBfficial&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hl=en&sa=N&tab=wl
Old Aug 14th 2012, 5:18 pm
Retired and in Spain

Library Ticket is just really niceLibrary Ticket is just really niceLibrary Ticket is just really niceLibrary Ticket is just really niceLibrary Ticket is just really niceLibrary Ticket is just really niceLibrary Ticket is just really niceLibrary Ticket is just really niceLibrary Ticket is just really niceLibrary Ticket is just really niceLibrary Ticket is just really nice

I think it must be a different Ciudad Quesada. I mean the one near Guardamar del Segura and Ive scrolled across that one on google maps without finding an Ayuntimiento marked.
Old Aug 14th 2012, 5:29 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

I think it must be a different Ciudad Quesada. I mean the one near Guardamar del Segura and Ive scrolled across that one on google maps without finding an Ayuntimiento marked.
that seems to have gone to the wrong map

try this

http://maps.google.es/maps?q=ciudad+quesada+ayuntamiento+rojales&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-GBfficial&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hl=en&sa=N&tab=wl
Old Aug 14th 2012, 5:31 pm
Started off with nothing

There are very good facilities in Ciudad Quesada, you could do worse.

There are several Ayuntamiento is this local. This is the address
Calle de Blanca S/N, Ciudad Quesada, Centro Municipal de Ciudad Quesada03170 Rojales, Spain 628 07 45 29
see here > https://plus.google.com/116663987050...37210226/about
Old Aug 14th 2012, 5:38 pm
Started off with nothing

This is the town hall in Ciudad Quesada

Last edited by missile; Aug 14th 2012 at 5:43 pm.
Old Aug 14th 2012, 7:11 pm
Retired and in Spain

Originally Posted by missile
There are very good facilities in Ciudad Quesada, you could do worse.

There are several Ayuntamiento is this local. This is the address see here > https://plus.google.com/116663987050...37210226/about
Ah yes thank you, should have remembered, we were in Goyo's almost directly opposite just over a couple of months ago.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.