Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Moving from Ibiza to the mainland

Moving from Ibiza to the mainland

Old Feb 24th 2020, 9:53 pm
Just Joined

Jaxb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving from Ibiza to the mainland

I'm planning to move sometime this summer and will be buying a home. I am currently looking at properties between Valencia and Alicante and could use some help narrowing down my area and would love to get some input from people living there. I'll be looking for a 2 or 3 bed independent house with about 1000 sq meters of land. After years of living in town, I am desperate for the peace and quiet of the campo but I am also 60 and partially disabled so don't want to be completely cut off... need a good road, reliable internet and phone service and a friendly community to pop into town for a coffee and chat. I am also into animal rescue, I've been bottle feeding abandoned kittens and puppies full time for the past 6 years and would like to continue that, so a nearby rescue organization would be great. I also have 2 dogs and 6 cats so being able to have my fences high enough to keep my furries on my property is important, A good dog beach is a plus.
Old Feb 25th 2020, 7:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Moses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving from Ibiza to the mainland

Originally Posted by Jaxb
I'm planning to move sometime this summer and will be buying a home. I am currently looking at properties between Valencia and Alicante and could use some help narrowing down my area and would love to get some input from people living there. I'll be looking for a 2 or 3 bed independent house with about 1000 sq meters of land. After years of living in town, I am desperate for the peace and quiet of the campo but I am also 60 and partially disabled so don't want to be completely cut off... need a good road, reliable internet and phone service and a friendly community to pop into town for a coffee and chat. I am also into animal rescue, I've been bottle feeding abandoned kittens and puppies full time for the past 6 years and would like to continue that, so a nearby rescue organization would be great. I also have 2 dogs and 6 cats so being able to have my fences high enough to keep my furries on my property is important, A good dog beach is a plus.
Fair play to you for looking after animals. We only have a 2nd home in Spain and have 3 rescue cats at home. Unfortunately it's not the area you are looking at but these people were really helpful the last time we were over https://kmakus.org/en/ , because we had seen a cat on the beach that had a badly injured leg and I asked the hotel next door if they could contact anyone, as it was a bank holiday and all vets were closed. The hotel said they knew some people and would send somebody.
Old Feb 25th 2020, 8:00 am
BE Forum Addict

spainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond repute

Try searching around El Campello area (north of Alicante) might fit the bill.
Old Feb 25th 2020, 9:17 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by spainrico
Try searching around El Campello area (north of Alicante) might fit the bill.
Will do, thank you!
Old Feb 25th 2020, 10:05 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Moses2013
Fair play to you for looking after animals. We only have a 2nd home in Spain and have 3 rescue cats at home. Unfortunately it's not the area you are looking at but these people were really helpful the last time we were over , because we had seen a cat on the beach that had a badly injured leg and I asked the hotel next door if they could contact anyone, as it was a bank holiday and all vets were closed. The hotel said they knew some people and would send somebody.
Thank you, looks like a great organization but way to north for the area I want to live, thank you x