Moving to IBIZA

Moving to IBIZA

Old Apr 9th 2011, 2:18 am
Just Joined

sebastiendj is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Moving to IBIZA

Hi people

I am looking at moving to Ibiza,

Im 30 now but have clubbed my way around the island off and on for the last 5 years.

Im now looking to move there full time.

I hopefully am going to look for private security work, if not, then anything really, im lucky enough to have enough savings to see me through till I need to work again.

I was wondering how easy it is to actuallt do a lock n stock move, and where is the best place to move to for all year round brits, where brits can meet up have a few beers and chill.

Obviously west end san an is dead as a dodo, so come on where do I want to be?

Let me know and I look frward to seeing you all soon.
Old Apr 9th 2011, 6:25 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to IBIZA

You don't sell used cars do you?
Old Apr 9th 2011, 6:50 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
You don't sell used cars do you?
Old Apr 9th 2011, 7:05 am
Just Joined

lol very funny
Old Apr 9th 2011, 7:07 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sebastiendj
lol very funny
Well welcome to the forum anyway, I personally can't help but I know Ibiza pretty well (old clubbing days) and know the other Islands better.
Old Apr 9th 2011, 8:36 am
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
Well welcome to the forum anyway, I personally can't help but I know Ibiza pretty well (old clubbing days)
Bloody hell.
Theres a shock now to be sure.

Pleasant enough place for a short break, but I think I'd find it very restrictive for the long term.
Old Apr 9th 2011, 9:07 am
Straw Man.

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
Bloody hell.
Theres a shock now to be sure.

What are you going on about now? Dick?
Old Apr 9th 2011, 11:53 am
Just Joined

So is this more of a banter forum and not a help forum?
Old Apr 9th 2011, 12:08 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

no - a bit of both - we tend to banter if we don't know the answer

I'm on the mainland - we can see Ibiza on a good day from the headland

for an EU citizen it's really easy to move over lock, stock & barrell

the hard bit will be getting work - there was an article on the local news some months ago (could even have been a year ago) showing boatlaods of young & not so young Ibizans landing at Denia hoping to get work - doubt they had much luck

unemployment is over 20% nationally - over 40% for young people & over 30% down south

you might be lucky - but forewarned is forearmed as they say

I don't know quite what the situation is on Ibiza, but I doubt it's better than the mainland - & it isn´t really an all year round island - they get dreadful weather in the winter

Last edited by lynnxa; Apr 9th 2011 at 12:10 pm.
Old Apr 11th 2011, 9:21 pm
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute

Sometimes people put a bit of banter on, because some questions probably might not get an answer for ages.

From what I have seen from the posters I dont think anyone lives in Ibeefa...

So without the banter type comments you would have a forum of one, ie only you.......even less helpfull......

And "help" is relative, sometimes folks only want their opinions verified and anything that varies from that is seen as unhelpfull, so not as easy as it seems.
Old Apr 11th 2011, 9:32 pm
squeaky clean

Location: Spain 4th feb 08 - October 11, now flits batck and forth from sunny Worthing
jojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond repute

Hi people

I am looking at moving to Ibiza,

Im 30 now but have clubbed my way around the island off and on for the last 5 years.

Im now looking to move there full time.

I hopefully am going to look for private security work, if not, then anything really, im lucky enough to have enough savings to see me through till I need to work again.

I was wondering how easy it is to actuallt do a lock n stock move, and where is the best place to move to for all year round brits, where brits can meet up have a few beers and chill.

Obviously west end san an is dead as a dodo, so come on where do I want to be?

Let me know and I look frward to seeing you all soon.
If I were you, before moving lock n stock, I'd go over and see what the work situation is like. Tie it in with a bit of clubbing and networking, but its probably best to know what you're going over to, before burning any bridges. One things for sure, there arent many jobs around, so you'll be up against other expats and locals who are all struggling to find work

Jo xxx