Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

MOVING TO COSTA ESURI IN MAY!!!!!!

MOVING TO COSTA ESURI IN MAY!!!!!!

Old Jan 6th 2009, 7:34 pm
Forum Regular

Gemma_Lee is just really niceGemma_Lee is just really niceGemma_Lee is just really niceGemma_Lee is just really niceGemma_Lee is just really niceGemma_Lee is just really niceGemma_Lee is just really niceGemma_Lee is just really nice
Question MOVING TO COSTA ESURI IN MAY!!!!!!

Hi all,
we're moving to Costa Esuri in May. Very Excited. Me, Hubby, 2 kids and our dog.
We're trying to price up/work out the best way to get over.
Not sure wether to hire a van/buy a van and sell to brit coming back to england/use removal firm.
Just wanted some advice on what others have done.
We've had a quote of £600 to have our dog taken over.(not sure i'd want him put in a container thou)!!
Any advice/tips would be much appreciated.
Thanks
Gem & Lee

Old Jan 6th 2009, 7:45 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: MOVING TO COSTA ESURI IN MAY!!!!!!

Originally Posted by Gemma_Lee
Hi all,
we're moving to Costa Esuri in May. Very Excited. Me, Hubby, 2 kids and our dog.
Not sure wether to hire a van/buy a van and sell to brit coming back to england/use removal firm.
We've had a quote of £600 to have our dog taken over.(not sure i'd want him put in a container thou)!!
Thanks
Gem & Lee

Free beer thread, two one way van hire companies.
Old Jan 6th 2009, 8:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: MOVING TO COSTA ESURI IN MAY!!!!!!

Hi all,
Thanks
Gem & Lee

Hi Gem and Lee you have the same dilema as us. We are going out on the 31st Jan and will take all the seats out of our Sharan and pull a camping trailer and have a top box. That will give us just enough capacity to take our Kitchen in a box together with the dining table and 6 chairs. The top box will be full of bedding towels and soft furnishings and the trailer will be filled with tools and garden implements and 3 bikes will be strapped to the top. For our next trip in March I am looking to buy a nearly dead van such as a post bus from the auctions and drive that down with even more stuff.Someone we know in the townhouses did just that with an ex BT van and shifted a three piece suite together with loads of other stuff. All systems are possible it all comes down to cost and how much you want to do yourself.
Old Jan 7th 2009, 8:32 am
Forum Regular

sunshine sue is just really nicesunshine sue is just really nicesunshine sue is just really nicesunshine sue is just really nicesunshine sue is just really nicesunshine sue is just really nicesunshine sue is just really nicesunshine sue is just really nice

Hi all,
Thanks
Gem & Lee

Hi Gem and Lee,

Bet you are getting excited re move.

We had all our furniture and household goods delivered by removal company in Uk cost £3500. I can pm you company if you are interested. They packed everything for us 1 week before move and delivered to Ayamonte 2 days after we arrived here. All went reasonably smooth.

Have you made decision re schooling?

Sue
Old Jan 8th 2009, 6:18 pm
Forum Regular

Gemma_Lee is just really niceGemma_Lee is just really niceGemma_Lee is just really niceGemma_Lee is just really niceGemma_Lee is just really niceGemma_Lee is just really niceGemma_Lee is just really niceGemma_Lee is just really nice

Originally Posted by sunshine sue
Hi Gem and Lee,

Bet you are getting excited re move.

We had all our furniture and household goods delivered by removal company in Uk cost £3500. I can pm you company if you are interested. They packed everything for us 1 week before move and delivered to Ayamonte 2 days after we arrived here. All went reasonably smooth.

Have you made decision re schooling?

Sue

Hi Sue, we're trying to get the kids into Padre Jesus at the mo. Fingers crossed we'll get 2 places.
Really can't wait to get over there now. coming out in feb to get things ready.
Gem
Old Jan 8th 2009, 6:32 pm
Forum Regular

sunshine sue is just really nicesunshine sue is just really nicesunshine sue is just really nicesunshine sue is just really nicesunshine sue is just really nicesunshine sue is just really nicesunshine sue is just really nicesunshine sue is just really nice

Hi Gem,

we have friends with children at this school and they are doing fine.

Sue
Old Jan 8th 2009, 7:28 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by sunshine sue
Hi Gem,

we have friends with children at this school and they are doing fine.

Sue

Thats great to know, hopefully ours will get in.

Gem
Old Jan 8th 2009, 11:07 pm

poshnbucks has disabled reputation

Hi Sue, we're trying to get the kids into Padre Jesus at the mo. Fingers crossed we'll get 2 places.
Really can't wait to get over there now. coming out in feb to get things ready.
Gem

A few vacancies at the local school in Feb see pic

Last edited by poshnbucks; May 30th 2009 at 5:39 am.
Old Jan 9th 2009, 6:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all,
Thanks
Gem & Lee

Do you not pop into the Portugal forum since we are only 3km away. Have a look at the Paul Mathews threads and posts, he is based in Blackpool and would nearly pass your house so you might do a deal.
Old Jan 9th 2009, 10:48 pm
Jur

Jur is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,
Thanks
Gem & Lee

You can also have a look for specific info on www.costa-esuri-forum.co.uk or www.costaesuri.es, both sites are more focused on the Costa Esuri/Ayamonte/Isla Canela area.
Old Jan 11th 2009, 6:48 pm
Just Joined

paul matthews will become famous soon enoughpaul matthews will become famous soon enough

cheers john thanks for the mention hope your trip goes well in jan.