Reload this Page >

Moving to Costa Del Sol

Moving to Costa Del Sol

Old Jul 10th 2007, 1:39 pm
Just Joined

tjhooker is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to Costa Del Sol

Hey everyone

Does anyone have any contacts in this part of spain for either work or accomodation please? My partner and i are both professionals, myself as a pro dj and radio presenter and my partner is very experienced in bar work and waiting on. Obviously the accomodation is paramount, long term for at least 11months.
Would be grateful if anyone can help asap as we are looking to move out on 8th August.

Many thanks

TJ
Old Jul 10th 2007, 4:42 pm
Happy in Torrox

Shep43 will become famous soon enoughShep43 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Moving to Costa Del Sol

hi www.thinkspain.com is a good place to research long term rentals, good luck. Shep
Old Jul 10th 2007, 4:54 pm
pjj
sun lover

pjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by tjhooker
Hey everyone

Does anyone have any contacts in this part of spain for either work or accomodation please? My partner and i are both professionals, myself as a pro dj and radio presenter and my partner is very experienced in bar work and waiting on. Obviously the accomodation is paramount, long term for at least 11months.
Would be grateful if anyone can help asap as we are looking to move out on 8th August.

Many thanks

TJ
hi there tj i think your best bet is to book a hotel for a couple of weeks in the area you want to be in and then go around all the estate agents / rental companys you will be surprised there s plenty of choice out there and dont be scared to haggle with them good luck
Old Jul 10th 2007, 5:03 pm
Just Joined

hey

thanks for the replies.. i will take them on board.. i guess i just need to know that i will find somewhere to live (although the beach does seem appealing lol) but also that i can get work.

TJ
Old Jul 10th 2007, 8:33 pm
Forum Regular

alaninspain has a spectacular aura aboutalaninspain has a spectacular aura aboutalaninspain has a spectacular aura about

Most of the cabaret bars and clubs have lined up acts for the summer season and now may not be the best time. However, due to illnesses, disagreements, new locations etc vacancies do arise. Rent in Torremolinos, Benalmadena, Fuengirola area, trawl the local papers, clubs, booking agencies etc. - just make as many contacts as you can. I have a friend who moved here 2 years ago and is a very successful singer. Talent and determination can do it. Good luck
Old Jul 13th 2007, 8:37 am
Forum Regular

keljo is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey everyone

Many thanks

TJ
I heard that coast and country radio were looking for a dj and radio presenter. This isnt confirmed but it is worth a call to them to find out. The number is 952580018 or 677202070 or email [email protected] I think they are based in fuengirola. Good luck
Old Jul 13th 2007, 9:15 am
Forum Regular

erisaman is just really niceerisaman is just really niceerisaman is just really niceerisaman is just really niceerisaman is just really niceerisaman is just really niceerisaman is just really niceerisaman is just really nice

Hey everyone

Many thanks

TJ
I'm trying to get hold of a phone number for you in the Montemar area of Torry, long term rental - and past rentals have been v cheap in this apartment. Check out www.abouterisa.co.uk for an idea of the garden and area - the apartment in question is top floor, The Home page pic shows a double arched apartment - it's two floors above that.

Last edited by erisaman; Jul 13th 2007 at 9:18 am.
Old Jul 13th 2007, 9:33 am
Young at heart

jandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi tj welcome to BE and good luck with your search for rentals,you could have a look at some HERE
Old Jul 13th 2007, 9:48 am
Forum Regular

erisaman is just really niceerisaman is just really niceerisaman is just really niceerisaman is just really niceerisaman is just really niceerisaman is just really niceerisaman is just really niceerisaman is just really nice

Originally Posted by erisaman
I'm trying to get hold of a phone number for you in the Montemar area of Torry, long term rental - and past rentals have been v cheap in this apartment. Check out www.abouterisa.co.uk for an idea of the garden and area - the apartment in question is top floor, The Home page pic shows a double arched apartment - it's two floors above that.
Right - that number is (ringing from the UK - 0034) 647510686. The owner's could be Spanish or possibly Irish (I used to be indecisive but now I'm not so sure) and the complex is Edificio Erisa 1.

There are umpteen bars for bar work and /or entertainment within shouting distance, and the Benalmadena Marina is but 400 metres away. Good luck.
Old Jul 17th 2007, 1:36 pm
Just Joined

Hey everyone,

Thanks again for all your replies, and a big thanks to the person who replied with the Kyero website i booked with them last time when i lived in the costa blanca and they were brilliant and cheaper than everyone else, just a shame that they dont have a link on google, cos i always forget their name lol.

Also, good heads up re the radio station, i will send them a cv this week and try and post them a demo too, just hope it gets their in time.

I will let you know how i get on, you never know, my next post could be from sunny Torry

TJ
Old Jul 17th 2007, 1:47 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

More to the point is Heather Locklear coming with you?
Old Jul 17th 2007, 1:48 pm
Forum Regular

Kyla is just really niceKyla is just really niceKyla is just really niceKyla is just really niceKyla is just really niceKyla is just really niceKyla is just really niceKyla is just really niceKyla is just really niceKyla is just really nice

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
More to the point is Heather Locklear coming with you?
Old Jul 17th 2007, 1:48 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by erisaman
I'm trying to get hold of a phone number for you in the Montemar area of Torry, .
Where exactly is Torry?
Old Jul 17th 2007, 1:49 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fred James
Where exactly is Torry?
Its south of Alli !
Old Jul 17th 2007, 1:53 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Fred James
Where exactly is Torry?
And north of Fengy!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.